Resource icon

[bd] Widget Framework 2.6.6

No permission to download
Thanks xfrocks, I suppose the better solution would to have a twitter and facebook widget :p
Nice idea! Added to the todo list ;)

Is there a possibility in the "Status Updates" sidebar widget, that users could comment right within the widget just like in the IP.Board status update sidebar? Less clicks really drops the bar of commenting to an update.
Sorry, this is not currently available.

Why there are no list of all possible positions such as "forum_list (index page), forum_view (forum page), thread_view, all"

I'm using XenPorta and I would like to add "New Threads" block only on the portal index, how to do this? Only way to do this now is use "position: all", but then its shown on every page...

Also I have few blocks on sidebar on the portal index. The last block is "Facebook Group". I would like to insert the New Treads -block just before the facebook block.. Any ideas?
There are no list of possible positions because the more add-on you use, there will be more positions available. For the XenPorta index page, you can use the position "EWRporta_Portal"

I'm using Flexile and trying to use the tabbed interface to create one widget for "New/Recent/Popular" content. The styling isn't working, though.

Screen shot 2012-05-02 at 2.33.47 PM.webp

Any ideas?

I just upgraded to XF 1.1.2 and now get this error in the error logs. I had to disable the framework until I can resolve it. Thanks for any advice.
#0 /home/vlepsc/public_html/community/library/WidgetFramework/WidgetRenderer/OnlineUsers.php(34): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(Array, 'all', Array, Object(XenForo_Template_Public))
#1 /home/vlepsc/public_html/community/library/WidgetFramework/WidgetRenderer.php(421): WidgetFramework_WidgetRenderer_OnlineUsers->_render(Array, 'all', Array, Object(XenForo_Template_Public), '')
#2 /home/vlepsc/public_html/community/library/WidgetFramework/Core.php(189): WidgetFramework_WidgetRenderer->render('all', Array, Object(XenForo_Template_Public), '')
#3 /home/vlepsc/public_html/community/library/WidgetFramework/Core.php(146): WidgetFramework_Core->_renderWidgetsFor('EWRblock_Recent...', Array, Object(XenForo_Template_Public), Array)
#4 /home/vlepsc/public_html/community/library/WidgetFramework/Listener.php(20): WidgetFramework_Core->renderWidgetsFor('EWRblock_Recent...', '.recentNews .su...', Array, Object(XenForo_Template_Public))
#5 /home/vlepsc/public_html/community/library/XenForo/CodeEvent.php(54): WidgetFramework_Listener::template_post_render(Array, Array)
#6 /home/vlepsc/public_html/community/library/XenForo/Template/Abstract.php(195): XenForo_CodeEvent::fire('template_post_r...', Array)
#7 /home/vlepsc/public_html/community/library/XenForo/Template/Public.php(110): XenForo_Template_Abstract->render()
#8 /home/vlepsc/public_html/community/library/XenForo/CssOutput.php(263): XenForo_Template_Public->render()
#9 /home/vlepsc/public_html/community/library/XenForo/CssOutput.php(209): XenForo_CssOutput::renderCssFromObjects(Array, false)
#10 /home/vlepsc/public_html/community/library/XenForo/CssOutput.php(582): XenForo_CssOutput->renderCss()
#11 /home/vlepsc/public_html/community/css.php(12): XenForo_CssOutput::run()
#12 {main}

I have disabled the "users online" widget and that fixed it.
You removed the error message. Please try again and copy the message? This addon is tested with 1.1.2 without any problems... It's also strange that you get an error while rendering CSS

Is there any way to make widgets 'collapsible' - i.e. a little button on the far-right of the widget title bar, that you can click and it will 'roll up' the widget? My sidebar is quite long now, as a result of all the excellent widgets that this Add-on allows, but not all of my users want to see all of the widgets all of the time (if that makes sense)!

Also, I am currently running version 1.2. To upgrade, do I simply:

1) Download latest version.
2) FTP all files across (merge, not overwrite).
3) From ACP > Add-ons, hover over [bd] Widget Framework and select Upgrade Add-on from the Controls?

Or do I need to follow the instructions in the OP, as if I were installing from scratch?

Thanks. :)

Is there any way to make widgets 'collapsible' - i.e. a little button on the far-right of the widget title bar, that you can click and it will 'roll up' the widget? My sidebar is quite long now, as a result of all the excellent widgets that this Add-on allows, but not all of my users want to see all of the widgets all of the time (if that makes sense)!

Also, I am currently running version 1.2. To upgrade, do I simply:

1) Download latest version.
2) FTP all files across (merge, not overwrite).
3) From ACP > Add-ons, hover over [bd] Widget Framework and select Upgrade Add-on from the Controls?

Or do I need to follow the instructions in the OP, as if I were installing from scratch?

Thanks. :)
Sorry, collapsible widgets are not possible for now.
About upgrade process, you were right ;)

Question: I added EWRporta_ArticleView to the position for the New/Recent/Popular widget, but when I do that it takes away the XenPorta blocks. It all loads just fine together in the EWRporta_Portal template.

Am I doing something wrong? Using the wrong template name?

"Recent blog entries" widget which is automatically added after the installation of [Ln] Blog add on is disappeared from the index page after I installed widget framework. How do I add that widget again? Pls help me.

For some reason, this addon has a tendency to destroy my style whenever I make changes to it. I've got a few of the default widgets that I've just changed to "all" so they show on all pages. (I'm just trying to make the sidebar show up everywhere)
This makes both the default style and the one I want to use (a lightly modified Flexile) very unhappy and the forum is completely unusable. Any idea why this is the case or what I can do to fix it? For Flexile, I did add the extra CSS entries mentioned in the compatibility notes.

For other addons, I have the Xenporta and vB 4 -> Xenforo importer addons.

Oh, and if it helps, my error log is filled with "Undefined index: visitor" messages.

Could anyone please point me to where I can learn how to use Widget Framework to make a sidebar that appears everywhere. I'm very new to XenForo and am developing my site locally learning as I go along.

I've used Widget Framework to add widgets to my standard sidebar and it really is very useful. I'm finding it difficult to grasp the concepts needed to make a sidebar and place it in the other views. Can anyone help get me started please.

Popular positions: forum_list (index page), forum_view (forum page), thread_view (thread page). You can also use "all" to display a widget all the time.
For each Widget you can set a position (Widget Framework > Edit Widget). This is the name of the template in use when the page is rendered. There are some popular positions listed above. The easiest way I have found to find out the names of other positions is to examine the source of the page where you would like the widget to be placed (using Firebug or similar). For example I wish to place a widget on the members page – scroll down through the source code until you locate the line <!-- xeno forum wrapper --> Just under that there should be a content div with a class, this is what you are looking for, in this case<div id="content" class="member_list">. I can now use member_list as the postion to locate my widget. It actually sounds harder to explain than to do it, but the technique has worked on all pages I have tried it on so far!

This might help you get started .

Sidebar everywhere -

I created a new widget Advanced HTML no wrapper with this code in it: <xen:sidebar></xen:sidebar>
I attached this to thread_view.

I repeated tis attaching it to forum_view

Then I created new widgets and attached them thread_view and made duplicates and attached these to forum_view

This works perfectly but is it the right approach?

Sidebar everywhere -

I created a new widget Advanced HTML no wrapper with this code in it: <xen:sidebar></xen:sidebar>
I attached this to thread_view.

I repeated tis attaching it to forum_view

Then I created new widgets and attached them thread_view and made duplicates and attached these to forum_view

This works perfectly but is it the right approach?
You don't need to do that. Just put the template name (forum_view, thread_view, etc.) to the position of the widget and that's enough. You can also use the position "all".

Question: I added EWRporta_ArticleView to the position for the New/Recent/Popular widget, but when I do that it takes away the XenPorta blocks. It all loads just fine together in the EWRporta_Portal template.

Am I doing something wrong? Using the wrong template name?
Make sure you don't use the Clear widget?

"Recent blog entries" widget which is automatically added after the installation of [Ln] Blog add on is disappeared from the index page after I installed widget framework. How do I add that widget again? Pls help me.
Disable the Clear widget should fix it.

This is what happens whenever I enable the widget framework on my test site (same thing happens to the default style). See attached files.
I have made modifications to the widgets. I'm not sure if that changes it. I've deleted some and changed a couple to show everywhere.

Attachments

• xenforowidgets.webp
    xenforowidgets.webp
    39.1 KB · Views: 38
  • xenforowidgets2.webp
    xenforowidgets2.webp
    38.2 KB · Views: 37
@xfrocks Many thanks for your prompt help. Now I understand what the notes on the form mean duh!

When I use "all" it breaks my layout on forum_view. I'm currently using a re-colored and very mildly modified standard style. This isn't a problem at all as it works absolutely fine with a comma separated list of where I want the widget/s to appear. In fact for me I think it will be better to take more granular control so that I can show the most liked, aggregated at the top, and more specific for the forum being viewed below.

Your add on really is brilliant. It even provides solutions to things you hadn't thought about until you started using it.

Top Bottom