Resource icon

[bd] Widget Framework 2.6.6

No permission to download
I need to have a widget that would download a piece of html from an external url. These are includes my CMS generates that I would just include in Xenforo as they are, cached for X minutes. Anyone heard of something like this?

I have made something pretty close to this (minus pre-generated html as I scraped from source) so from experience and the similarities to what I have done already it is very possible. I also made something that aggregates feed sources into a single amalgamated feed by an admin listing RSS urls when creating a widget instance and selecting the mash method.

As far as a data scraper/fetcher for existing includes from an unnamed CMS I would first guess that no exactly what you need doesn't exist just yet but again it is completely possible to do custom.

Sounds great. In my case there's no need to modify the source of html in any way, there's no header, body etc. in vbulletin I've just used curl. I'd be very interested in what you have done or in a custom solution if it needs modification.

When you say you use curl I assume that you are familiar with php enough to twerk things out yourself so I would recommend trying one of the [Advanced] PHP Callback renderers from the drop down list in the first option you see when creating a new widget.
fsdf.webp
If it is simple html (basically not much more than some spiffed up text) that you don't need to process, strip down, format, etc...you can probably get away with either of those. If you need something more you can create your own renderer.

If you don't have the time will or means to do it at the moment you can start a convo and let me know what you need with more detail and we can go from there.

I did try searching for this, but it is difficult with over 250 pages to go through!

However, I cannot get widgets to appear in the correct order on a widget page. For the sidebar everything is perfect, however for the "main content" widgets, they appear in the wrong order.

I have a New Thread widget in full render mode, and then an advanced html widget with a "See more" link. The New thread widget has position 0 x 0 and size 1 x 1, and the advanced html has position 1 x 0 and same size.

In the ACP they are the correct way round (advanced html at the bottom), however on the actual widget page on the front end, it is the other way round!

Even if I increase position of advanced HTML to 2, it always stays at the top of the page.

Hi, maybe you can help me with this error when i import a widget of audentio´s style https://xenforo.com/community/resources/configuring-rekt-homepage.4202/
I´ve installed your latest version and audentio said it´s a WF problem.
It´s in all my installations the same error, online or offline.

Thank´s for your help.

Code:
ErrorException: unserialize(): Error at offset 1632 of 1891 bytes - library/WidgetFramework/Model/Widget.php:59
Generiert durch: BT012SS, Vor 46 Minuten
Stapelverfolgung

#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'unserialize(): ...', '/home/www/doc/2...', 59, Array)
#1 /forum/library/WidgetFramework/Model/Widget.php(59): unserialize('a:10:{s:4:"html...')
#2 /forum/library/WidgetFramework/ControllerAdmin/Widget.php(274): WidgetFramework_Model_Widget->importFromFile('/tmp/php4uuz8l', 0)
#3 /forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): WidgetFramework_ControllerAdmin_Widget->actionImport()
#4 /forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#5 /forum/admin.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#6 {main}

Benötigter Status

array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(48) "http://www/admin.php?widgets/import"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["widgets/import"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(3) {
    ["server_file"] => string(0) ""
    ["_xfConfirm"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
  }
}

I got the PHP Callout working, thanks for your tips! What is the best way to cache it's results? At the moment I'm using my own memcached function to store the data for X minutes, but is there a Xenforo way to sore the data (it's a simple piece of HTML) in a cache for a limited amount of time?

When trying to add a widget to a specific page I need to have $page['node_id'] == 123 in the Expression field and Position set to Pagenode_container?

When I try the above with Position set to all I get this error in the Server Error Log "Undefined variable: page".

What am I doing wrong?

@xfrocks
Just want to say is there any renderer that show threads without any reply and most replied threads in forums?

We want to have a tabbed widget that:
  • the first tab shows last 5 threads of ForumA (now there is a renderer for this)
  • and the second tab shows the threads without reply from ForumA
  • and third tab shows most replied thread of ForumA
Thanks

got the graph to show in the sidebar but is there a way to make "your vote" box bigger and move graph over?

screenshot_242.png
Hi @Blatchy : how did you managed to display those graphics ?
Thanks

Hi guys and Happy New Year!

A question:

How do I add tabs instead of using an individual widget for each content?
I mean, I'm using the feeder reader widget and I want to add some RSS feeds on the home page but I want to group them with tabs...
Is this possible and if yes, how please?

Any help will be useful. :)

How do I add tabs instead of using an individual widget for each content?
I mean, I'm using the feeder reader widget and I want to add some RSS feeds on the home page but I want to group them with tabs...
Is this possible and if yes, how please?

Yes you have to setup a group for the widget.
Ex :
2016-01-08 13_14_27-Edit Widget _ Admin CP - Le forum des portables Asus.webp

And set all your widget to the same group "1" :

2016-01-08 13_14_57-Widgets _ Admin CP - Le forum des portables Asus.webp

Which displays :

2016-01-08 13_15_59-Jouer _ Le forum des portables Asus.webp

You can then set fontawesome icon in the title field to have such a display :

2016-01-08 13_17_54-Edit Widget _ Admin CP - Le forum des portables Asus.webp

Hope it helps.

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2016-01-08 à 13.20.33.webp
    Capture d’écran 2016-01-08 à 13.20.33.webp
    56.3 KB · Views: 10
Hum, it should work the way i wrote it, after it may depends on your template.
You can contact me in PV if you want me to check with AdminCP infos.

Hello @xfrocks

Just upgraded to the last beta (2.6.2-BETA4) and I have a widget that lists new threads from specific forums, now this doesn't ... all new threads are listed.

Any help with this?

Top Bottom