Resource icon

[bd] Widget Framework 2.6.6

No permission to download
8da7ed1f1f713efcdb6395df40751f7f9657adfb03882971c39110d7dea551ef.jpg

Does it respect permissions? So that threads/posts from forums that shouldn't be included doesn't appear?
Do you want to use its Latest Replies widget or something? I modified the template to use the exact same codes as used in XenForo's built-in New Posts sidebar block (https://xenforo.com/community/threads/bd-widget-framework.28014/page-265#post-1046593), and the block respected permission just fine. If the user didn't have permission to read a thread (because of node permission), then that thread wouldn't appear in the sidebar block. Though I'm using v2.5.9 of this add-on, since I'm still on PHP 5.6.x and there's nothing special with the new versions for me. But I bet it'll work the same with this add-on's shipped Latest Replies widget (after all, even if I made the widget to use the same codes as XenForo's built-in New Posts, the data was still being provided by the add-on itself).

Last edited:
Anyone else having trouble with grouping on the 2.6.2 beta 5? I used to have a 5 tabbed group widget, and ever since I updated its been busted. When I go to try and ungroup them, it lets me, but when I try and regroup them, it doesn't let me create a group but instead gives me these options. WTH is this?

Edit Widget | Admin CP - DressedWell 2016-03-20 02-28-04.webp

installed php7 got this error "
Fatal error: Cannot 'break' 2 levels in /var/www/html/overlandsphere/overland-forum/library/WidgetFramework/Helper/Index.php on line 90"

anyone know how to manually uninstall it, can not access the admin panel

thanks

ok just added
$config['enableListeners'] = false; to the config file but i now get this error:

An unexpected error occurred. Please try again later.

PHP 7.0.4
XF 1.5.6
WF 2.6.3 latest beta just installed and got a lot of these errors

TypeError: Argument 2 passed to WidgetFramework_Template_Extended::WidgetFramework_processLateExtraData() must be of the type array, object given, called in /home/nginx/domains/public/library/WidgetFramework/Listener.php on line 164 -library/WidgetFramework/Template/Extended.php:44
Generated By: Unknown Account, Today at 9:47 PM

Did someone manage to get "sidebar_new_posts" template to work on pages other than forum_list? I want to use XenForo's built-in New Posts sidebar block since it was designed better than Widget Framework's shipped one. But I couldn't seem to get it to show any data on pages other than forum_list. The block title would show, but no recent posts would appear.

EDIT: I ended up modifying the template used for the Widget Framework's shipped one to make it look the exact same as XenForo's built-in. Well, I pretty much just had to copy all the stuff from XenForo's template to WF's template and changed some unusable variables as necessary. So yeah, it works fine on all pages that have sidebars now.

Can you post the code?

PHP 7.0.4
XF 1.5.6
WF 2.6.3 latest beta just installed and got a lot of these errors

TypeError: Argument 2 passed to WidgetFramework_Template_Extended::WidgetFramework_processLateExtraData() must be of the type array, object given, called in /home/nginx/domains/public/library/WidgetFramework/Listener.php on line 164 -library/WidgetFramework/Template/Extended.php:44
Generated By: Unknown Account, Today at 9:47 PM
https://xfrocks.com/widget-framework/threads/typeerror-argument-2.475/

@Klaudius Here's my full content of wf_widget_threads template:
HTML:
<xen:if is="{$layout} == 'sidebar'">

<xen:if hascontent="true">
        <div class="avatarList">
            <ul>
                <xen:contentcheck>
                    <xen:if is="{$widget.options.type} == 'recent' OR {$widget.options.type} == 'latest_replies'">

<xen:require css="thread_list_simple.css" />

<xen:foreach loop="$threads" value="$thread">
                            <li id="thread-{$thread.thread_id}" class="threadListItem{xen:if $thread.isDeleted, ' deleted'}{xen:if $thread.lastPostInfo.isIgnored, ' ignored'}" data-author="{$thread.lastPostInfo.username}">

<xen:avatar user="$thread" size="s" img="true" />

<div class="messageInfo">

<div class="messageContent">
                                        <div class="title">
                                        <xen:if is="{$thread.isNew} AND {$thread.haveReadData}">
                                            <a href="{xen:link threads/unread, $thread}">{xen:helper threadPrefix, $thread}{$thread.title}</a>
                                        <xen:else />
                                            <a href="{xen:link posts, $thread.lastPostInfo}">{xen:helper threadPrefix, $thread}{$thread.title}</a>
                                        </xen:if>
                                        </div>
                                    </div>

<div class="additionalRow muted">
                                        {xen:phrase latest}: <xen:username user="$thread.lastPostInfo" rich="true" />, <xen:datetime time="$thread.lastPostInfo.post_date" />
                                    </div>

<div class="additionalRow muted">
                                        <a href="{xen:link forums, $thread.forum}" class="forumLink">{$thread.forum.title}</a>
                                    </div>
                                </div>
                            </li>
                        </xen:foreach>

<xen:elseif is="{$widget.options.type} == 'most_replied'" />

<xen:include template="wf_widget_threads_thread_sidebar">
                                <xen:set var="$_secondRow">
                                    {xen:phrase wf_x_posted, 'user=<a href="{xen:link 'members', {$thread}}" class="username">{$thread.username}</a>'}, {xen:phrase replies}: {xen:number $thread.reply_count}
                                </xen:set>
                            </xen:include>

<xen:elseif is="{$widget.options.type} == 'most_liked'" />

{xen:phrase wf_x_posted, 'user=<a href="{xen:link 'members', {$thread}}" class="username">{$thread.username}</a>'},
                                    {xen:phrase likes}: <a href="{xen:link 'posts/likes', {xen:array 'post_id={$thread.first_post_id}'}}" class="OverlayTrigger">{xen:number $thread.first_post_likes}</a>

<xen:else />

{xen:phrase wf_x_posted, 'user=<a href="{xen:link 'members', {$thread}}" class="username">{$thread.username}</a>'} <xen:datetime time="{$thread.post_date}" />

</xen:contentcheck>
            </ul>
        </div>

<xen:include template="preview_tooltip" />

<xen:elseif is="{$layout} == 'list'" />

<div class="discussionList">
            <div class="DiscussionList">

<dl class="sectionHeaders">
                    <dt class="posterAvatar"><a><span>&nbsp;</span></a></dt>
                    <dd class="main">
                        <a class="title"><span>{xen:phrase title}</span></a>
                        <a class="postDate"><span>{xen:phrase start_date}</span></a>
                    </dd>
                    <dd class="stats">
                        <a class="major"><span>{xen:phrase replies}</span></a>
                        <a class="minor"><span>{xen:phrase views}</span></a>
                    </dd>
                    <dd class="lastPost"><a><span>{xen:phrase last_message}</span></a></dd>
                </dl>

<ol class="discussionListItems">
                            <xen:include template="thread_list_item" />
                </ol>

</div>
        </div>

<xen:include template="preview_tooltip" />

<xen:elseif is="{$layout} == 'full'" />

<div class="WidgetFramework_WidgetRenderer_Threads_FullThreadList">

<xen:include template="wf_widget_threads_thread_full" />
                    <xen:edithint template="wf_widget_threads_thread_full_info" />

</div>

<xen:edithint template="message" />
        <xen:edithint template="wf_default.css" />

You'll have to compare it with the default template by yourself. Although I'm pretty sure that I've only changed things within this tag:
HTML:
<xen:if is="{$widget.options.type} == 'recent' OR {$widget.options.type} == 'latest_replies'">

@BobbyWibowo

Works perfect with "last replies", can you make the same for "new threads"?

EDIT
Done, just need to replace this line

Code:

with this

Code:
<xen:if is="{$widget.options.type} == 'recent' OR {$widget.options.type} == 'latest_replies' OR {$widget.options.type} == 'new'">

Last edited:
Top Bottom