Resource icon

[bd] Widget Framework 2.6.6

No permission to download
So I created a widget page to use as the index. For the life of me I cannot get multiple columns to show besides the sidebar.

Everything is in one column. This is very frustrating. The positioning is relative 0,0 and increases as it goes down and to the right, like an image correct?

I can't find any documentation on what "Column Width", "Column Gap," and "Row Gap" do, but when I set them the widgets tend to change.

Edit: So I found an example that had Column Width 295, Column Gap 20, Row Gap 20. It worked perfectly. Now can anyone explain why?

Last edited:
Hi :) Quite a noob here. First, thanks for the awesome add-on!

Now, here's the thing. I want to use a Widget Page as my new homepage. You can access the "open beta" here: Nouvelle Home - BETA (sorry, i'm French :/) (nobody's perfect) I've set up two tabs, "New posts", "Trending topics" and I'd like to set up another one which would display the "forum_list" template, with all the nodes and last messages created.

I've tried adding an [Advanced] Template widget with "forum_list" as the template, and it failed miserably. The tab shows nothing. Do you know how I could do to display forum_list in a tab? Does it require some extra coding?

Thanks in advance, and keep up the good work :)

I added an rss widget to the sidebar, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to add some styling to it. I've tried .WidgetFramework_WidgetRenderer_FeedReader in extra.css and wf_default_EXTRA.css, but nothing changes. Help.

Is it possible to hook the default forum homepage nodes(forums and categories) exactly as it looks into a page.

Trying to get 4 cta featured threads above forum_list basically.

I am having no luck whatsoever adding a Latest Replies widget to the Proximity homepage.
Here are the widget settings:

widgetframework.webp

I've tried just about every option combination available. And no love. The widget will not show at all.
Can someone please advise = How do I get this widget to show correctly???

Thanks for any help!

J.

Is there a way to show/hide widgets based on responsive view? There are certain widgets I want to remove if they're using the narrow view.

Couldn't you just check this in the configuration for whatever widget is in question or were you looking to do something more specific that that?

dffsdfg.webp

How do I make the title not cut itself off. I know it has to do with:

@wf_threads_titleMaxLength

I want titles to show in full no matter what length.

Code:
<li class="thread-{$thread.thread_id} thread-node-{$thread.node_id}{xen:if '{$thread.isNew}', ' unread'}">
    <xen:avatar user="$thread" size="s" img="true" />

<xen:if is="@wf_threads_showPrefix">{xen:helper threadprefix, $thread}</xen:if>

<a {xen:if '{$thread.title} != {xen:helper snippet, $thread.title, @wf_threads_titleMaxLength}', 'title="{$thread.title}" class="Tooltip"'}
        href="{xen:if '{$_threadLink}', {xen:raw $_threadLink}, {xen:link threads, $thread}}">
        {xen:helper snippet, $thread.title, @wf_threads_titleMaxLength}
    </a>

<div class="userTitle">{xen:raw $_secondRow}</div>

<xen:if is="{$thread.messageHtml}"><div>{xen:helper WidgetFramework_snippet, $thread.messageHtml, @wf_threads_snippetMaxLength}</div></xen:if>
</li>

I added a google ad 250x250 using the widget framework and used HTML without wrapper and have an odd space under the ad. Any idea why or how to remove the extra space?

Screen Shot 2015-08-16 at 7.29.38 AM.webp

An easy way without looking at what you added or your style to see why that is happening would be to edit the widget and wrap the ad with a div element that is styled to be exactly the size you want and use overflow:hidden. If doing that doesn't work I have to asssume it is tweaks to your style causing the space.

An easy way without looking at what you added or your style to see why that is happening would be to edit the widget and wrap the ad with a div element that is styled to be exactly the size you want and use overflow:hidden. If doing that doesn't work I have to asssume it is tweaks to your style causing the space.
Its actually the way Goolge is serving up the ad. It actually changes from the shorter ad to the correct size add on refresh. I just confirmed this on @Brogan's site as well.

short ad with space
Screen Shot 2015-08-16 at 8.05.08 AM.webp

full ad no space
Screen Shot 2015-08-16 at 8.05.19 AM.webp

I dunno, I never saw that problem personally , I just made a custom widget renderer for google ads and never came across that particular issue, which is why I said without seeing the code I would suggest this.

Knowing what you are saying now, I would say other than getting hackish and possibly breaking G.AD rules there isn't much you are going to be doing about this unfortunately.

This is blank for me:
zXQnsKi.png

Hello @xfrocks,
We would like to add a Thread with Poll widget on the forum-list, however we want to use the threads from a specific forum, not all of them. Any idea what expression we can use?

Hi comrade. i use your addon too.

Recently i updated my forum to 1.5 version, and NEW POSTS block in sidebar does not appear and there is not option for that in WF widgets list. If you have a little time, maybe you could update this addon.

Regards and thanks for this useful addon.(y)

Hi comrade. i use your addon too.

Recently i updated my forum to 1.5 version, and NEW POSTS block in sidebar does not appear and there is not option for that in WF widgets list. If you have a little time, maybe you could update this addon.

Regards and thanks for this useful addon.(y)

Look back a page or two, @Liam W explained how to add it for 1.5.

I have the 2.6 dev 111 build installed and for some reason the thread cuttoff is not working. I've tried every permutation of options and it just doesn't get recognized.

Also, unchecking the option to ignore locked threads is not being applied.

Finally as an enhancement, we should have the ability to select "no prefix" in addition to other specific prefixes. As a use case, I have a forum where people post links to sales and coupons and have them add a prefix of "Ended" when the sale or coupon has expired but otherwise they do not have a prefix applied.

Top Bottom