Resource icon

[bd] Widget Framework 2.6.6

No permission to download
Anyone know, maybe by using an expression, if it's possible to make the "Users" widget for message count (descending) show users posts over the past week instead of a lifetime? Basically making a "Top Posters of the Week" sort of thing instead of "Top Posters Ever" widget.

@Liam W maybe?

It was never supported, it's more figure things by your own, in terms of ask for help it's quite random sometimes you get a reply other times you don't.

I love this widget - perhaps one of the greatest addons generously provided here. But what I would love is the ability not to have the title of the widget appear on all of the widgets. I'm not sure if this is also a third party issue but any that appear in the widget don't have such an option. It only seems to exist under certain circumstances, such as no wrapper for advanced html pasted into the widget. Not complaining, just suggesting and hoping there is a solution I haven't seen. :)

I would suggest hiding the widget titles with CSS by targeting the div ids. Feel free to send me a PM if you need help with this.

Question, every time I add the Top Users (Users) widget, it bleeds into the widget bewlo like in the pic below. What is causing this and how do I fix it?

I can't tell from the screenshot but would be happy to take a look for you. If you'd like, send me a PM with the URL where you're seeing this issue and I'll try to help you out.

Hi,

I would like to add a widget around the hook area: hook:ad_below_top_breadcrumb but only on the widget page, used for index.

Have worked this out:
Expression: $bodyClasses == 'node4'
Position: hook:ad_below_top_breadcrumb

Last edited:
Got another question, that I can't find the answer to.
I have a widget page set as index and on that page I have a thread widget, set to display 8 at messages at the moment.
Is there away to say display 100, but display over multi pages?

I have set a few widgets for a few areas of the forum, but no matter what I do, I can't seem to get rid of the standard XF widgets. I've erased them from the framework, but they're still showing on the homepage. Such as forum stats, recent profile comments, staff online etc.

Does anybody know what I'm doing wrong? I can't seem to find stock settings for the sidebar. I've never looked, as I've always used WF.

I have set a few widgets for a few areas of the forum, but no matter what I do, I can't seem to get rid of the standard XF widgets. I've erased them from the framework, but they're still showing on the homepage. Such as forum stats, recent profile comments, staff online etc.

Does anybody know what I'm doing wrong? I can't seem to find stock settings for the sidebar. I've never looked, as I've always used WF.
What home page are you using? A link to your site might be helpful.

I'm trying to set widget page as home page, but I keep ending up with two Home tabs in the navbar. (at one point I even had three there :) )

Is there a guide to setting this up correctly? Also, I've noticed that when the widget page is active, all of the urls get added to. e.g. /index.php becomes the home page /index?forums.php becomes forums and /index?forums.php?media (or similar) for media. Is there a way to tidy up these urls?

Anyone figure out how to get the Xen 1.5's New Resources block to show up when this add-on is active? For some reason none of the Xen sidebar blocks are showing for me, even though they're set to the default 5 per block.

It was never supported, it's more figure things by your own, in terms of ask for help it's quite random sometimes you get a reply other times you don't.

Widgets are popular with blogs, and forums...
XF has yet to add their awesome widget system?
with something that is so popular, we should not have
to rely on outdated addons and hope for the best....
as popular as this framework (was) XF should be
adding their own ever-more popular widget frame....
just say'n....

Is that a real 'certain' or just wishful thinking?

I think people in general would be more comfortable when XF supports a product, at least you know it is will
get timely updates, and will be supported, on everything else, we hope coders stick around for years and keep
their products updated in a timely fashion, maybe it will get updated, but in the real world, people do move on....
At the very least, if a product is supported by XF, then you will not have to wonder next time you login....

It's really a question of Xenforo Devs wake and see this is one the most important addons people use on their forums because the really important customization it's hard to have without it. This is, let Xenforo have its own framework, then addon developers can expand upon.

Suggestions been made but i'm doubtful we will see this, even on XF 2.0

Just wanted to report that this add-on will cause an error (as well as your forum to blank page) if you upgrade your server to PHP7.

Code:
Server Error Log

Error Info
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Cannot 'break' 2 levels - library/WidgetFramework/Helper/Index.php:90
Generated By: KeVo, 3 minutes ago

Stack Trace

#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}

Request State

array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(27) "http://mydomain.com/"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Top Bottom