[bd] Medal

[bd] Medal 1.5.5b

No permission to download
Just added to todo list :D

it would be great as a text link much like the edit, report etc if we could do that within posts since awards are awarded through content they post or atleast it can be. Is that something you may accommodate xfrocks?

it would be great as a text link much like the edit, report etc if we could do that within posts since awards are awarded through content they post or atleast it can be. Is that something you may accommodate xfrocks?
Possible but I don't think that will be added since medals are given for user not contents ;)

Possible but I don't think that will be added since medals are given for user not contents ;)

I can see your point. I think it depends how you use them and adapt the medal system because it has so many possibilities to it's usage. Anyway, thanks for the response great add-on. :thumbsup:

This would be cool if you can give medal out to an entire usergroup, this way it could be used for like access or whatever (ie this user group had access to this forum, etc) Great addon!

There is a style property for that under Message Elements. Set the maximum value to 0 to show them all.

View attachment 36578

If I set the maximum value to 0, then user_message_info will show the x3 medals awarded.
If I set the maximum value to 1 (expecting the user_message_info will only show the x1 most recent medal awarded), then I do not see any medals.
If I set the maximum value to 2, then user_message_info will show x1 medal awarded.

... but, the x1 medal shown in the user_message_info doesn't appear to be consistent - it is neither always the most recent the user has been awarded or the medal with the highest display order.

I would like it to be the medal with the highest display order that is shown.

Thusly, the scenario is: user has been awarded medal ABC with display order 10 and medal XYZ with display order 50. if the maximum value in message elements is 1, then only medal XYZ shoudl display since it has the highest display order.

**UPDATE** Resolved, thanks!

Anyway we can get a option on promotions or trophies to automatically add the medal on promotion or trophy earned? We have a forum with 40,000 members you cant add them all manually. :) This might be a great feature for bigger forums and one I would def donate for.

Anyway we can get a option on promotions or trophies to automatically add the medal on promotion or trophy earned? We have a forum with 40,000 members you cant add them all manually. :) This might be a great feature for bigger forums and one I would def donate for.

Definitely send the OP a conversation message - it works great ;)

As I said, put the part in that template anywhere you want to show the medals.

She's tried that and i attempted this XFRocks and when i pasted the code you provided into the message template area the medals don't display. Is there anything else that needs to be done to get them to show up? Thanks

Chris figured it outxfrocks issues resolved. :)

Top Bottom