[bd] Medal

[bd] Medal 1.5.5b

No permission to download
Ok, I must be missing something, but I have this mod installed, and now cannot see how you award someone a medal :confused: I have checked permissions, the only one was Allow to view medal list, which i set on for everyone.

Can't see where or how to actually hand out the awards.

:(

Ok, I must be missing something, but I have this mod installed, and now cannot see how you award someone a medal :confused: I have checked permissions, the only one was Allow to view medal list, which i set on for everyone.

Can't see where or how to actually hand out the awards.

:(
2BnvlsS.png

That's how i do it. I don't know if there is another way...

Ahhhhh I see, I was looking in Users section, wouldn't have thought of looking on the actual Award images LOL.

Thank you very much :)

I'm not sure this has been asked before, but would it be possible to have like a built in timer that would remove the medal automatically after a certain period of time? Some medals in my forums should be temporary like member of the month and then it should go away... something like that...

thanks.

2BnvlsS.png

That's how i do it. I don't know if there is another way...
I believe it's the way too.

I'm not sure this has been asked before, but would it be possible to have like a built in timer that would remove the medal automatically after a certain period of time? Some medals in my forums should be temporary like member of the month and then it should go away... something like that...

thanks.
Not possible atm, sorry.

I have an idea. I want to put my students in teams, just like as if they were in a business team starting a business. There will be an investor, entrepreneur, marketer/sales, logistics, accounting, etc.

Each investor will be giving 1000 currency points. They will need to decide how much to pay each employee and how to award or punish (give or take points) based on performance. Each employee can use their points to award or punish service providers in the team or from other teams in the class.

When people are active on the forums they also earn points.

Does this sound possible using any of the current add-ons?

Can the "investors" or "entrepreneurs" in the group give awards to the other team members?

Dustin

I have an idea. I want to put my students in teams, just like as if they were in a business team starting a business. There will be an investor, entrepreneur, marketer/sales, logistics, accounting, etc.

Each investor will be giving 1000 currency points. They will need to decide how much to pay each employee and how to award or punish (give or take points) based on performance. Each employee can use their points to award or punish service providers in the team or from other teams in the class.

When people are active on the forums they also earn points.

Does this sound possible using any of the current add-ons?

Can the "investors" or "entrepreneurs" in the group give awards to the other team members?

Dustin
This is the wrong place to ask this question. Please ask here. Thank you.

Just found this thread xfrocks, wondering if there is a way to display the medal description in the medal list on the user profile.

I've noticed that the medals do not show in the Conversation area? Any way I can make this happen? Only because we use our CONVO area like a private chat system and people think (sometimes) they don't have any medals forgetting they're in the CONVO area. Thanks ;-)

Will there ever be an option to choose which X amount of medals show in message_user_info? A lot of members get way too many medals & fills up the message_user_info, so I'd like them to be able to choose which show up.

Just found this thread xfrocks, wondering if there is a way to display the medal description in the medal list on the user profile.
Unfortunately, it's not possible because the data is cached and description is not included. I will find way to do this in next release.

Is it possible to add the option to alert the user of awards being awarded to him?
An alert is sent every time a medal is awarded. Please confirm if it's not sent out in your site? Please note that alert will not be sent if you are awarding yourself.

Will there ever be an option to choose which X amount of medals show in message_user_info? A lot of members get way too many medals & fills up the message_user_info, so I'd like them to be able to choose which show up.
There is a style property called "[bd] Medal - Maximum" in "Message Elements" group. You can use that to specify the maximum number of medals showup in messages.

I've noticed that the medals do not show in the Conversation area? Any way I can make this happen? Only because we use our CONVO area like a private chat system and people think (sometimes) they don't have any medals forgetting they're in the CONVO area. Thanks ;-)
This will be possible in next version.

Top Bottom