Auto Link Titles

Auto Link Titles 1.0.10

No permission to download
We have mb_convert_encoding enabled, but still receive occasional errors with certain Japanese links:

Code:
Generated By: username, Yesterday at 18:29

Stack Trace
#0 /home/domain/public_html/forum/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php(297): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute(Array) #1 /home/domain/public_html/forum/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(479): Zend_Db_Statement->execute(Array) #2 /home/domain/public_html/forum/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(574): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('INSERT INTO `xf...', Array) #3 /home/domain/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1624): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert('xf_post', Array) #4 /home/domain/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1613): XenForo_DataWriter->_insert() #5 /home/domain/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1405): XenForo_DataWriter->_save() #6 /home/domain/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(557): XenForo_DataWriter->save() #7 /home/domain/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionAddReply() #8 /home/domain/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch)) #9 /home/domain/public_html/forum/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run() #10 {main}

Request State
array(3) { ["url"] => string(104) "http://www.domain.com/forum/threads/some-help-in-providing-literal-translation-in-sentence.56357/add-reply" ["_GET"] => array(0) { }   ["_POST"] => array(9) { ["message_html"] => string(311) "<p>Something like 高校生向け is a good search term. e.g. :<br></p><p>http://www.nhk.or.jp/kokokoza/radio/r2_kokugo/index.html</p><p>(羅生門 is under 2年)<br></p><p><br></p><p>or 簡単、説明、分かりやすい、文法 - those sort of search terms combined with whatever I'm looking for.<br></p>" ["_xfRelativeResolver"] => string(95) "http://www.domain.com/forum/threads/some-help-in-providing-literal-translation-in-sentence.56357/" ["attachment_hash"] => string(32) "d0b1503104b8ca6ece96f45860a79389" ["last_date"] => string(10) "1423627847" ["last_known_date"] => string(10) "1423627847" ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********" ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(76) "/forum/threads/some-help-in-providing-literal-translation-in-sentence.56357/" ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1" ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json" } }

Chris D updated Auto Link Titles with a new update entry:

All known bugs fixed

This update should fix the last remaining "Invalid string value" bugs.

In addition to that, the process of getting the title should end in the event that the headers suggest that the content being fetched is either not a valid content type or is too large.

Finally, the code should now degrade gracefully if it cannot find the mb_convert_encoding function; however that function or iconv is certainly recommended and you may still experience varied results if neither of these functions is...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I don't really need to see the thread (and I can't because it's not viewable to guests).

Which URLs aren't working?

how if user post bad link in the post? I mean, have you considered the security problem if someone enters a link that contains worm in the post?

Is there a way to adjust the output names for the links? For instance, a lot of my forum members visit a much larger forum that covers the same topic. When I link to one of their threads, I get the thread name and page, but not the name of the forum. This:

http://www.styleforum.net/t/156289/random-health-and-exercise-thoughts/50595#post_7684457

Outputs this:

Random health and exercise thoughts - Page 3374

Is there a way to get the forum name in there somehow?
At the moment the addon reads the page title. The best way to title a page from an SEO point of view is to include the website name as part of it.
For example this page is
HTML:
<title>Auto Link Titles | Page 14 | XenForo Community</title>
That particular website does not
HTML:
<title>Random health and exercise thoughts - Page 3374</title>
So it would require a change to the addon to add, say the domain of the site as an optional prefix. I wouldn't choose to use that option because the best practice is to, as I say, include the name of the site in the title, so the resulting link title would be untidy in most cases.

Try again with the new version and if it still doesn't work shoot me a PM with a forum login and Admin CP access so I can test. If you also send me FTP credentials I can do some code debugging to find out where it's going wrong.

I may at some point need to add some improved error reporting. At the moment any errors are caught and completely hidden away, but I think it would make sense to perhaps log these errors, at least.

Try again with the new version and if it still doesn't work shoot me a PM with a forum login and Admin CP access so I can test. If you also send me FTP credentials I can do some code debugging to find out where it's going wrong.

I may at some point need to add some improved error reporting. At the moment any errors are caught and completely hidden away, but I think it would make sense to perhaps log these errors, at least.

Same thing when I upgraded, PC sent (y)

At the moment the addon reads the page title. The best way to title a page from an SEO point of view is to include the website name as part of it.
For example this page is
HTML:
<title>Auto Link Titles | Page 14 | XenForo Community</title>
That particular website does not
HTML:
<title>Random health and exercise thoughts - Page 3374</title>
So it would require a change to the addon to add, say the domain of the site as an optional prefix. I wouldn't choose to use that option because the best practice is to, as I say, include the name of the site in the title, so the resulting link title would be untidy in most cases.
Thanks for the explanation Stu. I wasn't sure if there was a way to adjust individual sites based on need/want via option/template/etc.

Top Bottom