[Andrew] Moderator Panel

[Andrew] Moderator Panel 1.9.4

No permission to download
OK, thanks!

I'll install it to investigate and test.

1- Can the User notes be "replied to" then?
In cases where there is follow-up on a situation, to clarify details, mark it as [Solved], etc. Issues that require moderating usually go from innocent mistakes to abusive behaviour . It could be good to have a way to follow-up. I'm trying to see how this could be done.

2- Could I give permission to individuals, not necessarily to whole user groups?

Cheers,

Andre
The add-on uses the Xenforo permission system so you can give permissions the same way you give permissions in base Xenforo.

The user notes isn't meant for replies. Enabling replies would create the need for pagination and would turn the user notes into threads. My suggestion is to link a thread in an user note if you want additional comments tracked. Think of an user note as a write up that one might perform on an employeel.

The add-on uses the Xenforo permission system so you can give permissions the same way you give permissions in base Xenforo.

The user notes isn't meant for replies. Enabling replies would create the need for pagination and would turn the user notes into threads. My suggestion is to link a thread in an user note if you want additional comments tracked. Think of an user note as a write up that one might perform on an employeel.

One more question, Andrew - Do you have more info about "Protected users?"

EDIT: got it. Like you can't just ban Admins.

Last edited:
Sorry Andrew, first miles off the car lot... ;)

I see there are 3 closed reports. But when I click on that, I get an error. I checked all permissions and it all looks OK. Thoughts?

0fbd75f21f4a713def1d3626eb08660f.webp

43826b0b29240717da07082c342d6db8.webp

One more question, Andrew - Do you have more info about "Protected users?"

EDIT: got it. Like you can't just ban Admins.
By default the moderator panel uses the same ban permissions as Xenforo. By enabling Producted Users you can define certain user groups that also get this protection. I have setup user promotions to make it more difficult for my mods to ban more established users outside of the warnings system.

Hi Andrew, being that the "dropdown" menu has only one selection Moderator panel, is it possible to make it simple link to the dashboard? That would avoid a click that seems to serve no purpose at this point.

Really impressed by this addon! :)

Hi Andrew, being that the "dropdown" menu has only one selection Moderator panel, is it possible to make it simple link to the dashboard? That would avoid a click that seems to serve no purpose at this point.

Really impressed by this addon! :)
You should have "Approval Queue" and "Reports" on that same menu.

Make sure you have the right permissions (even though you are a admin) and verify "Send reports into forum" is empty.

I feel embarrassed not understanding or finding those settings.

Here is a thumbnail of the permission tree for my User group with your addon.

e11998392163288b376238bba17bf6b3.webp

It isn't an permission with my add-on. I believe this is set by selecting administrator or moderator as a secondary user group. Your primary should be registered user.
Ah thanks. So yes, I believe that is set correctly:

c36448e0abac48f77e591149465c4856.webp

I also found "Send reports into forum" in "User discouragement and discipline."

9fc29115639195bc2c009d2ca9391202.webp

And my personal permissions settings were at No (I assume as in "Inherit"), but I set them all at YES, except one setting.

46bfe09db5307d55c9e78c91f0ab72b8.webp

As for the Approval queue and Reports, they are located on the dashboard:

45ac82ac113eb5034dcc19e3f3251dff.webp

Despite all this, I still only see the one option on the dropdown.

815a5c55122208bd13553cf504624ea2.webp

I'm out of ideas...

Thank you,

Andre

I can see "Reports" and Approval Queue" is not showing on the menu bar in the moderator panel, which only opens if the following is not true:

<xf:if is="$xf.visitor.is_moderator && !$xf.options.reportIntoForumId">

Top Bottom