Ads Manager by Siropu

Ads Manager by Siropu [Paid] 1.26.9

No permission to buy (€49.99)
Hello,

Just bought your add-on and it is really nice one. I have a question regarding this add-on. I tried to add a square banner in my first post - on the right side. So far so good, but the problem is that it's displayed on every post on the right side. Is there any change to make it only in the first one. Hope that some has the same issue. Actually if not a problem, but it is something I want to do in order to get it right. We can try adding it in the post template. If someone has an idea? Thanks a lot.

All the best

Okay now it's working... go figure.
And now I tried adding a package and now it's gone again. WTH... This addon so far isn't working too well. :( Not sure what's going on. I'm sure it's user error.

Also this is confusing... the view limit and click limit is set to 0 by default. Does that mean an ad won't show at all?

And now I tried adding a package and now it's gone again. WTH... This addon so far isn't working too well. :( Not sure what's going on. I'm sure it's user error.

Also this is confusing... the view limit and click limit is set to 0 by default. Does that mean an ad won't show at all?

I think I figured it out. I had "user is logged in" and "user is guest" checked thinking it was an OR... but apparently it's an AND... so that's why they weren't showing. My bad.

It seems Page Criteria doesn't work for ads.

For example: I edit an ad and select "Page is NOT Within Nodes:" and then select some forums and then check "Display outside of selected nodes" and save it.
When I again edit it, I see nothing is changed and the ad also is being displayed in that forum again.

You mean the changes you have made didn't get saved? If so, if the ad is inheriting a package settings, that's the expected behavior.
Yes I mean that, but you know what? now I edited the package and selected "Page is NOT Within Nodes:" and also selected 2 forums.
then also selected these 2:
  • Do NOT display within selected nodes only (rather than including child nodes)
  • Display outside of selected nodes
Now, although the ad is not being displayed in those 2 forums (and its ok) but it also is not displayed in any other forums.

From what I see, the articles have the same structure as threads/conversations so it can be done with a new hook. If you can ask Add-on author to implement a hook the same as the hook message_content in message template has been implemented, but with a different hook name like message_content_article which you can then use to create a new position.

Any progress on this feature? This has been added to Article Management System!

Thanks!

Is there a way to make it so that admins don't count towards the view stats but still see the ad? (so I can check if it's running)

If it has been added, you can just create a new hook with the hook name and it should work.

Well, don't you have to modify the "Keyword Ad" so we can select another position other than the "Message Content"?

Here is what we discussed before the addition of the hook on the Article Management System:

I tried creating a new position myself after adding a hook to the template to test things out, but when creating a new keyword ad.. it does not let me select any other position other than the "Message Content", everything gets blocked out. Would this be something you would have to change to make it compatible if the AMS dev adds the hook?

I would have to change that, yes.

Top Bottom