Ads Manager by Siropu

Ads Manager by Siropu [Paid] 1.26.9

No permission to buy (€49.99)
What Stripe payment methods are supported?
Card payments currently.

@Siropu is there a way to hidden the number of slots available?
Only with direct template changes.

@creativeforge,

1. "Maximum Ads Displayed" package setting controls that.
2. I don't know what Footer position that add-on uses. The one used in Ads Manager is displayed under the copyright notice, at the bottom of the page. You can add custom positions if you want, so if you need help, just open a support ticket.

[QUOTE="Siropu, post: 1193381]
@creativeforge,
1. "Maximum Ads Displayed" package setting controls that.
2. I don't know what Footer position that add-on uses. The one used in Ads Manager is displayed under the copyright notice, at the bottom of the page. You can add custom positions if you want, so if you need help, just open a support ticket.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip. I was able to set everything up correctly.

You wrote: "You can add custom positions if you want, so if you need help, just open a support ticket." And I'm trying to create a custom position for ads to display in the header here on the right: RealiDrums.

94c30701436a6cce71bcb77b6b49a268.webp

How do I create a custom position for it, I don't understand the values I need to enter?

a82328283fd0d87ab16c6d267e3569b5.webp

Thanks you anyone for any help!

Last edited:
For now, all I need is to be able to understand the process of creating a new position.

1- Am I correct that a new position requires to create a new hook too?
2- How do I create a new hook?
3- Ho do I connect the new hook to new position?
4- How does Xenforo recognize this position, where do I edit the template to insert a new position?

Thank you!

Andre

For now, all I need is to be able to understand the process of creating a new position.

1- Am I correct that a new position requires to create a new hook too?
2- How do I create a new hook?
3- Ho do I connect the new hook to new position?
4- How does Xenforo recognize this position, where do I edit the template to insert a new position?

Thank you!

Andre

You just need to create a new position in the Ad Manager and then insert that position to the template where you want the ad to be displayed. You should have a basic understanding about the template editing before doing this. If you insert the position marker correctly, it will be called with the template when it loads.

1. From ad manager, Positions > Create New Position

From here, you'll create the hook name (which is used in the template) which can be anything you want to identify the hook/location.
The rest of the settings are up to you depending how you have your ad system organized. The most important thing here is the hook name, position name and a description to help you remember the details later. Position Category is up to you based on how/where the ad will show. Categories can be customized from "List Positions".

2. Once you have created the Hook from #1 above, you can then insert that hook to whichever template you need it in. If you need to create a new template to called in XenForo, that's a whole other ball of wax. You'll want to setup the new template first and then insert the new ad hook once it's created. (Use the Xenforo template manager under "Appearance" to find/edit/create templates as necessary. You should have a basic working knowledge of the Xenforo template system to complete this part.)

3. Again, the hook is automatically called (if it's inserted correct) and the ad is displayed assuming the criteria is met for the viewer.

That's the simple version, hope it helps get you started. Others can chime in with other details to help fill-in the gaps as necessary. (or ad examples)

One Example:
- I created a sidebar ad with the hook name: ad_sidebar_one
- I inserted than in the sidebar template I already created with the following code:
Code:
<xen:hook name="ad_sidebar_one" />

You just need to create a new position in the Ad Manager and then insert that position to the template where you want the ad to be displayed. You should have a basic understanding about the template editing before doing this. If you insert the position marker correctly, it will be called with the template when it loads.

1. From ad manager, Positions > Create New Position

From here, you'll create the hook name (which is used in the template) which can be anything you want to identify the hook/location.
The rest of the settings are up to you depending how you have your ad system organized. The most important thing here is the hook name, position name and a description to help you remember the details later. Position Category is up to you based on how/where the ad will show. Categories can be customized from "List Positions".

2. Once you have created the Hook from #1 above, you can then insert that hook to whichever template you need it in. If you need to create a new template to called in XenForo, that's a whole other ball of wax. You'll want to setup the new template first and then insert the new ad hook once it's created. (Use the Xenforo template manager under "Appearance" to find/edit/create templates as necessary. You should have a basic working knowledge of the Xenforo template system to complete this part.)

3. Again, the hook is automatically called (if it's inserted correct) and the ad is displayed assuming the criteria is met for the viewer.

That's the simple version, hope it helps get you started. Others can chime in with other details to help fill-in the gaps as necessary. (or ad examples)

One Example:
- I created a sidebar ad with the hook name: ad_sidebar_one
- I inserted than in the sidebar template I already created with the following code:
Code:
<xen:hook name="ad_sidebar_one" />

Thanks! I tried for an hour or so but gave up. And then I realized that the position HEADER was NOT enabled. But how am I to understand all of this? It drives me nuts how developers don't take seriously the difficulty for newbies to use their product for the first time. It's unfamiliar territory, and a map would be very useful.

A tutorial. I would PAY for it!

Last edited:
That position already exists: "Header".

Hi, yes, but that doesn't mean anything to me if you do not provide a context. Do you understand why I didn't notice the position "Header?" Because it is UNCATEGORIZED by default.

Please - take time to write an intro TUTORIAL to get us going? These sort of things become a huge waste of time for new users. Next I have to attack the whole "Advertisers" settings, to understand how it work so I can set it up, explain it to my client, and provide support. I can only imagine how you are doing working to update Ads Manager to Xen 2.0. You probably feel like I do right now... ;)

Ads Manager is in a class on its own, not just a plug and play addon for small targeted tasks. There needs to be more and better documentation for more complex addons. I would pay extra just to have an "Ads Manager for Dummies" tutorial. Imagine how much more sales yo'd make if people could quickly feel confident to use it.

Thanks for a great addon, looking forward

Cheers,

Andre

And then I realized that the position HEADER was NOT enabled.
Positions under "Uncategorized" are not disabled. If it's in the list, you can use it.
I have responded to you support ticket regarding the "Advertisers". I will respond you there if you have any other questions.

I promise that Ads Manager 2 will be easier to work with. And when I'm done with it, I will write a tutorial for Ads Manager 1 as well. :)

Positions under "Uncategorized" are not disabled. If it's in the list, you can use it.
I have responded to you support ticket regarding the "Advertisers". I will respond you there if you have any other questions.

I promise that Ads Manager 2 will be easier to work with. And when I'm done with it, I will write a tutorial for Ads Manager 1 as well. :)

Thank you, I'm sorry for my frustration, I appreciate your reply ! :)

When a user creates a new advertisement, admin does not get a "forum alert" & "email alert"

any idea how to do testing?

ads manager: 1.26.3
xenforo: 1.5.13

Alerts.webp

if admin reject or approve advertisement, the user will receive "forum alert" & "email alert"

only for admin it is not working

Last edited:
We have been having issues with members not seeing ads anymore, they only see ads when they LOGOUT. They used to see them, but not anymore.

Am I setting this right? We do not allow members to create ads yet. So this is disabled. Could you check to see if I'm messing things up here?4a8e7c5331a97431ef265fef0b9b51e9.webp

they only see ads when they LOGOUT
What are the ad criteria settings? You may have a conflict in your ad packages where you specify who should see the ad. If they can see ads after logout, it's possible that you have an exclusion for members or possible set only to display to guests. Just a guess...

Template: siropu_ads_manager_ad_edit
This is not phrase:
Code:
This product includes GeoLite data created by MaxMind, available from <a href="http://www.maxmind.com">http://www.maxmind.com</a>.

Hi @Siropu

I'm looking into upgrading to XF2, because I use couple addons I cannot upgrade until all are compatible with XF2.

Will Ads manager and Referral contests be ready by end of this year or by end of January 2018? Thank you!

Top Bottom