Ads Manager 2 by Siropu

Ads Manager 2 by Siropu [Paid] 2.4.22

No permission to buy (€49.99)
Also, if an admin clicks on the edit thread mopderatpr actions at top right, in order to re-add the prefix, theres an Ooops notice that

Action not allowed for paid sticky threads.

However if I can click on the edit link at the bottom of the post, I can add the prefix back there.

OK thanks (it does appear to have that option though in the Admin).
I forgot to hide those options.

When a user creates a sticky ad, the prefix disappears. .
If it already has a prefix? You can set a custom prefix for sticky threads.

Also, if an admin clicks on the edit thread mopderatpr actions at top right, in order to re-add the prefix, theres an Ooops notice that

Action not allowed for paid sticky threads.
There are some moderator permission that allows you to perform actions on sticky threads.

If it already has a prefix?

Yes, the thread already has a prefix, it disappears as soon as the ad becomes pending approval.

You can set a custom prefix for sticky threads.

Ah, so when it sticks it should change to that custopm one? I tried this and it doesn't add the sticky prefix. (NB: the sticky prefix is not assigned to the forum, maybe that is the problem. However if it was assigned to the forum it would be pointless because then anyone could use that prefix.

What you can do is add the advertiser to a custom user group using the option "Advertiser user groups" and assign that prefix to that user group.
I can also add some validation when a user tries to use the prefix set for Ads Manager and show a message that you need to have a paid sticky to in order to use that prefix.

Seems to work if I just assign that prefix to the appropriate forum, and only make it useable by my moderator and admin usergroups.

I can also add some validation when a user tries to use the prefix set for Ads Manager and show a message that you need to have a paid sticky to in order to use that prefix.

That sounds useful though

I'm sorry but I don't understand where the conflict is and the relation to post style. A link to where I can see that issue live would be great.

During the time it takes to disable the add-on, users are browsing the forum so the script might still load but some required elements such as templates have been disabled triggering some errors. Once disabled, it won't generate new errors as you can see in server logs.

Does this add-on work with [AddonFlare] Paid Ads? It seems like their may be a conflict with the 'Automate the ad selling process' feature, while it would be amazing if the two add-ons happened to work together.

Ads Manager has a custom implementation, it doesn't work with that add-on. You can sell 7 ad types with my add-on using packages, you know that, right?

If it already has a prefix? You can set a custom prefix for sticky threads.

There is a proble here though.

1) If a thread already has a prefix, when becoming sticky it instead gets the custom prefix. But when reverting to non-sticky when the ad expeires, the old prefix should come back but it doesn't

2) If you have sticky thread ads in more than one forum, there's a good chance you would need a different custom prefix for each forum unless you just have a generic pefix, e.g. "Featured" that works in all forums.

3) Although I can see a use for the custom prefix what I really want (in preference to the custom prefix being applied) is to just have the existing thread prefix stay there when the thread becomes sticky and remain when the sticky ad expires. I think this makes most sense as a default behaviour.

That will be fixed in the next release. So if you set a custom prefix, it will get changed to that prefix and revert back to the original prefix if it had one.

It is designed to work with a global prefix and like I said before, I can set some restrictions for the prefix reserved for Ads Manager so that users who do not have sticky threads, would not be able to use it.

It is designed to work with a global prefix and like I said before, I can set some restrictions for the prefix reserved for Ads Manager so that users who do not have sticky threads, would not be able to use it.

That's good, but will be able to just have a simple method of whatever prefix is on the thread stays there when it sticks/unsticks.

Siropu updated Ads Manager 2 by Siropu with a new update entry:

Improvements & Bug Fixes

Improvements
  1. Code, banner (custom HTML) and text ads are now supporting XF template syntax allowing you to include XF templates, widgets and display personalized ads for members by including their username.
  2. Added ad setting to use custom CSS classes.
  3. Added ad option to reset statistics.
  4. Added option to set a prefix for featured resources.
  5. Ad option "Display after x seconds" and "Hide after x seconds" will now work when the ad is in view.
  6. Added option to view...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Very nice update thank you :)

Widget/Template addition is working nicely - will continue to test.

One thing I've noticed: The ad name acts a little strangely. If I create an add named Blue and then change it to Green, it still renders the original name (Blue) as a block title when used in sidebar.

Also, if I clone Green and call it Red, the new item/ad is still referred to as Blue when rendered in sidebar even though name is changed in Basic Information.

Not sure if the above was introduced in 2.0.5 or earlier.

The ad name is not displayed anywhere with the ad so I don't understand what you mean by that.

Lots of these:

Code:
    ErrorException: Template error: Template public:_siropu_ads_manager_ad_code.2 is unknown src/XF/Template/Templater.php:583

Generated by: Unknown account Jun 1, 2018 at 10:59 AM

Stack trace

#0 [internal function]: XF\Template\Templater->handleTemplateError(512, 'Template public...', '/home/caf/publi...', 583, Array)
#1 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(583): trigger_error('Template public...', 512)
#2 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(538): XF\Template\Templater->getTemplateData('public', '_siropu_ads_man...')
#3 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1248): XF\Template\Templater->getTemplateCode('public', '_siropu_ads_man...')
#4 src/addons/Siropu/AdsManager/Entity/Ad.php(904): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('_siropu_ads_man...')
#5 src/addons/Siropu/AdsManager/Entity/Ad.php(581): Siropu\AdsManager\Entity\Ad->renderTemplate()
#6 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(142): Siropu\AdsManager\Entity\Ad->getCode()
#7 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(100): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->get('code')
#8 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s44/public/siropu_ads_manager_ad_macros.php(189): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->offsetGet('code')
#9 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(662): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(SV\ContentRatings\XF\Template\Templater), Array, Array)
#10 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s44/public/siropu_ads_manager_ad_macros.php(69): XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('siropu_ads_mana...', 'ad_banner', Array, Array)
#11 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(662): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(SV\ContentRatings\XF\Template\Templater), Array, Array)
#12 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s44/public/PAGE_CONTAINER.php(958): XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('siropu_ads_mana...', 'ad_unit', Array, Array)
#13 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1249): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(SV\ContentRatings\XF\Template\Templater), Array)
#14 src/XF/Pub/App.php(449): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('PAGE_CONTAINER', Array)
#15 src/XF/App.php(1766): XF\Pub\App->renderPageHtml('\n\n\n\n\n\n<div clas...', Array, Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html))
#16 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(310): XF\App->renderPage('\n\n\n\n\n\n<div clas...', Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html))
#17 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(44): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html')
#18 src/XF/App.php(1931): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#19 src/XF.php(328): XF\App->run()
#20 index.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#21 {main}

Request state

array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(16) "/tags/transpose/"
  ["referrer"] => bool(false)
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Delete

Top Bottom