Ads Manager 2 by Siropu

Ads Manager 2 by Siropu [Paid] 2.4.22

No permission to buy (€49.99)
The form used is the same used by XenForo user upgrades. Do you have issues with that too?
I found a mistake in your template.
Template: siropu_ads_manager_invoice_pay
Line 35: <div class="js-paymentProviderReply-advertising{$invoice.invoice_id}"></div>
This div should not be inside the form.

Replace
HTML:
            <xf:else />
                <xf:formrow label="{{ phrase('choose_payment_method') }}" html="{{ phrase('siropu_ads_manager_no_payment_method_found') }}" />
            </xf:if>
            <div class="js-paymentProviderReply-advertising{$invoice.invoice_id}"></div>
        </div>
        <xf:if is="$hasPaymentProfiles">
            <xf:submitrow icon="purchase" submit="{{ phrase('siropu_ads_manager_pay') }}" />
    </div>
</xf:form>
to
HTML:
            <xf:else />
                <xf:formrow label="{{ phrase('choose_payment_method') }}" html="{{ phrase('siropu_ads_manager_no_payment_method_found') }}" />
        </div>
        <xf:if is="$hasPaymentProfiles">
            <xf:submitrow icon="purchase" submit="{{ phrase('siropu_ads_manager_pay') }}" />
    </div>
</xf:form>
<div class="js-paymentProviderReply-advertising{$invoice.invoice_id}"></div>

It takes hell of a time to do Template modifications! Even XenForo upgrade doesn't take this much of time!

100%

Pretty annoyed with it - forum has been inaccessible for 20 minutes and counting "Importing... Add-on data (Phrases: 54.5%)"...

Never known an add on like it. Hope it's worth the inconvenience.

Fantastic plugin, well worth the time to install. Well done and thank you.

Last edited:
Apologies for the newbie question as I've just changed from vB to XF with Ads Manager.

My horizontal ads display perfectly on all pages.
My vertical sidebar banner ads only show on my FORUMS page and nowhere else. I hired someone else to set this up for me so now I'm on my own and would appreciate being pointed in the right direction to get my sidebar ads to show on all pages. Thanks!

@Engraver, Ads Manager only places the ads, doesn't add the sidebar. You have to enable the sidebar by creating a HTML Widget with advanced mode (ACP > Appearance > Widgets) and set it to positions: Category view: Sidebar, Forum view: Sidebar, Thread view: Sidebar, and other sidebar positions you may want. Once you have done that, create a new position in Ads Manager and add the position code in the widget you have created. Use that position for your ads.

@Siropu Thanks for your assistance. I've followed your instructions until it comes to "add the position code in the widget you have created". I wish there was a manual or tutorial on this so I wouldn't have to bother you. Can you explain, please?

I've followed your instructions until it comes to "add the position code in the widget you have created".
On the Ads Manager position creation page, there are some instructions at the top of the page on how to use the position code. I will make some improvements there to make it more clear.

Siropu updated Ads Manager 2 by Siropu with a new update entry:

New features, Improvements & Bug fixes

Two new ad types:

1. Popup
This ad type allows you to display popup ads in 3 ways: XenForo overlay with title and content (supports HTML and template syntax), custom popup code and popup window with custom window features.

2. Background
This ad type allows you to display a background image as an ad with clickable left and right parts of the image. If you provide multiple...

Read the rest of this update entry...

@Siropu Thanks for the update, really nice one!

Question about the background ad: I made a test background banner with the following criteria
  • Only show when topic title contains "XXXX"
To my knowledge the banner should only been seen in topic containing topictitle "XXXX"
Instead, the banner is showing on every page, including the index.

I tried the criteria
  • Only show when thread ID is "XXXX"
  • Only show when post contains "XXXX"
But still the banner is shown everywhere.

What does work:
  • Page is within nodes "XXXX"
That only shows the banner in subforum "XXXX"

Last edited:
Great update. If you're looking for ideas at this point, there could be another ad type (or setting under pop-up) to use XenForo's notices systems as well. When I first read the update, I thought you were referencing the floating pop-up the notice system uses. I'm not sure if I'd personally use it but just tossing it out there.

The background ad type may require customization for certain themes, obviously. Ours is a little more complicated than the default XF theme, but we were able to get it working in under twenty minutes which is great. Our only issue is there appears to be a restriction on uploads for the background ad type. Normally you wouldn't want an HD wide-ratio image uploaded for any other ad type, but the background is an exclusion that keeps giving the 'The uploaded file is too large.' user error. This is from the AdminCP without it linked to a package, I believe it may be referring to resolution instead of file size as it provides the same error when linked to a URL.

Last edited:
You must set the max filesize in the admanager also (I believe it's somewhere in Ad Manager [Advertiser] options)

Our only issue is there appears to be a restriction on uploads for the background ad type.
In the next release there will be a new option that controls the maximum size in KB for uploaded background images.
P.S. Thank you for the review. :)

You must set the max filesize in the admanager also (I believe it's somewhere in Ad Manager [Advertiser] options)
Yes, but that will affect banner ads as well.

@Siropu got this error:

Server error log
Code:
LogicException: Macro public:siropu_ads_manager_ad_macros :: ad_banner() error: Macro argument position is required and no value was provided src/XF/Template/Templater.php:768
Generated by: Bastty Jul 11, 2018 at 7:15 AM

Stack trace

Code:
#0 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s2/public/siropu_ads_manager_ad_macros.php(186): XF\Template\Templater->mergeMacroArguments(Array, Array, Array)
#1 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(662): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(DohTheme\Core\XF\Template\Templater), Array, Array)
#2 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s2/public/siropu_ads_manager_advertisers.php(44): XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('siropu_ads_mana...', 'ad_banner', Array, Array)
#3 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1249): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(DohTheme\Core\XF\Template\Templater), Array)
#4 src/XF/Template/Template.php(24): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('siropu_ads_mana...', Array)
#5 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Html.php(48): XF\Template\Template->render()
#6 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(332): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html->renderView('Siropu\\AdsManag...', 'public:siropu_a...', Array)
#7 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(303): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderView(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#8 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(44): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html')
#9 src/XF/App.php(1931): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#10 src/XF.php(328): XF\App->run()
#11 index.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#12 {main}

Request state

Code:
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(24) "/ads-manager/advertisers"
  ["referrer"] => string(41) "https://we-play.org/ads-manager/packages/"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

One more bug, using ad code are not Unit alignment in center. Its always show in left.

Also add support ad blocker redirect to full page message.

Example:

ScreenShot00074.webp

Last edited:
Hi @Siropu - Thanks for the plugin.

I'm currently attempting to upgrade from one version up, for 30 minutes now the install has been stuck on Add On Data (Phrases 48%)...

Is there any instance that this is expected or is this an issue with my host?

[Edit] Ok, so 36 minutes now and at Importing... Add-on data (Phrases: 75.1%).

The forum is inaccessible during the upgrade - hoping to resolve it as I can't tolerate such downtime for each upgrade.

[Edit 2] Well over an hour now and Importing... Add-on data (Templates: 7.7%)

Last edited:
hoping to resolve it as I can't tolerate such downtime for each upgrade.
The installation/upgrade process is done by XenForo itself, not by Ads Manager so there is nothing I can do about it. I don't know why it takes such long for some users. I don't have this issue personally.

Top Bottom