Ads Manager 2 by Siropu

Ads Manager 2 by Siropu [Paid] 2.4.22

No permission to buy (€49.99)
You need packages in order to sell ads. If you create a package, you will see an "Advertising" tab where you set price and other things. There, you will also have the option to enable placeholder and use it as a backup ad. When you enable this option, you will see the placeholder in ACP > Ads Manager > List ads where you can edit it and palce you AdSense code in it.

When I click Enable placeholder (and also "use placeholder as a backup ad"), the setting doesn't stick. When I reload the package, it once again shows it unchecked. As a result, I don't see the placeholder under "List ads". Any suggestions?

OK, this is one of the best Ad manager add-on but if literally screws up the entire forum! After upgrading to XF 2.1, we had a lot of problems. Slow downs, unable to edit templates and even unable to update a ******** phrase took ages. Why? Because of this add-on.

After removing this add-on, which literally took 30 minutes, yes 30 real world minutes, the server load went from 20 to 3.xx.

If anyone is having a slow forum after 2.1, this could be your problematic add-on.
I, too, am having this problem. As soon as I disable the add-on, poof, the site is running great again.

Maybe it has something to do with old configs converted to 2.x? I started about 5 versions ago, all on 2.x, within the past year, and have had zero problems.

Maybe it has something to do with old configs converted to 2.x? I started about 5 versions ago, all on 2.x, within the past year, and have had zero problems.

Perhaps, we've been running since 1.x. I wish we could fix this issue because I really love this add-on, checks all of the boxes.

To fix, I had to disable the plugin, uninstall it, and completely rebuild my templates. Site was just dragging until this was done.

The only things that could cause server load depending on how big is the board is by using daily stats and/or lazy load with auto refresh interval. Simply loading ads, I don't see how it can cause any issues.

Trying to insert an ad after node 94 on my main forum index page, nothing is working. I have Item ID set to 94 which is the node I would like to have the add under with the position set to "Node list below category x container".

It works if I switch the position to "Node list below node x title" but I don't want it there.

What am I missing or is my theme messing with it?

How do I use Adsense auto ads? Right now I have dozens of ads set up for different location depending on the page. As I understand it, auto ads allows for one ad code to be put in place and google determines the best locations.

Will look into it.

Try this code just below you actual ad code (for position "Sidebar below"):
Code:
<xf:js>
$(function()
{
     var unit = $('.samCodeUnit[data-position="container_sidebar_below"]');

if (unit.length)
     {
          var unitOffset = unit.offset().top;

$(window).scroll(function()
          {
               var unitScrollOffset = unit.offset().top;
               var scrollTop = $(document).scrollTop();

if (unitScrollOffset - scrollTop <= 0)
               {
                    unit.css({position: 'fixed', top: $('.p-nav').height() + 10, width: 'auto'});
               }
               else if (scrollTop <= unitOffset)
               {
                    unit.css({position: '', top: '', width: ''});
               }
          });
     }
});
</xf:js>

@Drunken, you don't need a widget unless you want to have more control over the order of the ad in the sidebar in relation to the other widgets.

I just had to reinstall this ad and it's not sticking. Is there something else I need to do?

Is there a template I can use that is the equivalent to adding the Adsense auto ad code between <head> and </head>?

I have people who pay for no ads and I do this by adding them to a user group with a permission set to not see the ads.

How do I set up and ad that is on my server?
What kind of ad?

Trying to insert an ad after node 94 on my main forum index page, nothing is working.
Is that node a category?

How do I use Adsense auto ads?
Auto ads must be enabled in the adsense code itself.

Is there something else I need to do?
What ad type ad position are you using?

Is there a template I can use that is the equivalent to adding the Adsense auto ad code between <head> and </head>?
There is a position called "Between the <head> tag".

I did a quick search of this discussion (and I may have missed it) is there no way to give each banner image a diffrent url as they rotate?

In looking through the ACP, and clicking on create a new package, I see there is an import option available. Are there any downloads of an exported set of packages, for testing? Or even modifying for my use, if allowed? My search-foo was unfruitful!

Hmmm, above content ads display on the "account upgrades" page even though I have "Content template is NOT:" set to account_upgrades and I am not Inheriting any package settings.

Any ideas?

Top Bottom