Add-on Install & Upgrade

Add-on Install & Upgrade 1.4.3

No permission to download
I just received the following error that crashed my entire Admin area when installing this addon...

Can anybody help please?

PHP:
An exception occurred: Mysqli prepare error: Illegal mix of collations (utf8_general_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_unicode_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation '=' in /home/example/public_html/community/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 77

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115

Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381

Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478

Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in XenForo/Model.php at line 218

XenForo_Model->fetchAllKeyed() in AddOnInstaller/Model/AddOn.php at line 280

AddOnInstaller_Model_AddOn->getAllUpdateChecks() in AddOnInstaller/Listener.php at line 25

AddOnInstaller_Listener::templatePostRender() in XenForo/CodeEvent.php at line 54

XenForo_CodeEvent::fire() in XenForo/Template/Abstract.php at line 195

XenForo_Template_Abstract->render() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlAdmin.php at line 127

XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlAdmin->renderContainer() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 565

XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 156

XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/example/public_html/community/admin.php at line 13

I just received the following error that crashed my entire Admin area when installing this addon...

Can anybody help please?

PHP:
An exception occurred: Mysqli prepare error: Illegal mix of collations (utf8_general_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_unicode_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation '=' in /home/example/public_html/community/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 77

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115

Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381

Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478

Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in XenForo/Model.php at line 218

XenForo_Model->fetchAllKeyed() in AddOnInstaller/Model/AddOn.php at line 280

AddOnInstaller_Model_AddOn->getAllUpdateChecks() in AddOnInstaller/Listener.php at line 25

AddOnInstaller_Listener::templatePostRender() in XenForo/CodeEvent.php at line 54

XenForo_CodeEvent::fire() in XenForo/Template/Abstract.php at line 195

XenForo_Template_Abstract->render() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlAdmin.php at line 127

XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlAdmin->renderContainer() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 565

XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 156

XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/example/public_html/community/admin.php at line 13
http://xenforo.com/community/posts/494810/

The setting was correct when I checked phpmyadmin Chris using the instructions from your link.

Any other ideas?

I get this when viewing the admin panel:

An exception occurred: Mysqli prepare error: Illegal mix of collations (utf8_general_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_unicode_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation '=' in /home/mcwh/public_html/letspwn.com/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 77
  1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in XenForo/Model.php at line 219
  5. XenForo_Model->fetchAllKeyed() in AddOnInstaller/Model/AddOn.php at line 280
  6. AddOnInstaller_Model_AddOn->getAllUpdateChecks() in AddOnInstaller/Listener.php at line 25
  7. AddOnInstaller_Listener::templatePostRender() in XenForo/CodeEvent.php at line 54
  8. XenForo_CodeEvent::fire() in XenForo/Template/Abstract.php at line 195
  9. XenForo_Template_Abstract->render() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlAdmin.php at line 127
  10. XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlAdmin->renderContainer() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 565
  11. XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 156
  12. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/mcwh/public_html/letspwn.com/admin.php at line 13
I tried doing what Mr.Goodie2Shoes said in http://xenforo.com/community/threads/add-on-install-upgrade.35211/page-8#post-494810 but addon_id was already in utf8_unicode_ci

addon_id was already in utf8_unicode_ci

It's supposed to be in utf8_general_ci so I'm afraid you didn't follow the instructions correctly.

The setting was correct when I checked phpmyadmin Chris using the instructions from your link.

Any other ideas?

The error message you're getting (unless it has changed) also suggests that the instructions weren't followed correctly. Please double check :)

Attached is the path your link tells me to locate and change but the code is already correct.

Attachments

• snapshot.webp
    snapshot.webp
    15.7 KB · Views: 18
Attached is the path your link tells me to locate and change but the code is already correct.
A few steps initially:

1) Disable all listeners (Edit library/config.php and add this line: $config['enableListeners'] = false; )
2) Then when you're in the Admin CP uninstall the add-on.
3) Remove the line you added to Step 1.

Can anyone please help me i am getting an error here are some pics of what it looks like this is with in the admin cp and here is the error that is giving when i look to see the error and the 2 pics that are attached is what it looks like it my admin cp

ErrorException: Trying to get property of non-object - library/AddOnInstaller/Model/AddOn.php:291
Generated By: Admin, 5 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 /mnt/glusterfs/apache/hosting-dir/150876/user_dir/moderntank.net/forum/library/AddOnInstaller/Model/AddOn.php(291): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(Array, true)
#1 /mnt/glusterfs/apache/hosting-dir/150876/user_dir/moderntank.net/forum/library/AddOnInstaller/CronEntry/UpdateCheck.php(15): AddOnInstaller_Model_AddOn->checkForUpdate()
#2 /mnt/glusterfs/apache/hosting-dir/150876/user_dir/moderntank.net/forum/library/AddOnInstaller/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php(322): AddOnInstaller_CronEntry_UpdateCheck::checkUpdates()
#3 /mnt/glusterfs/apache/hosting-dir/150876/user_dir/moderntank.net/forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(310): AddOnInstaller_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionUpdateCheckAll(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#4 /mnt/glusterfs/apache/hosting-dir/150876/user_dir/moderntank.net/forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(132): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch()
#5 /mnt/glusterfs/apache/hosting-dir/150876/user_dir/moderntank.net/forum/admin.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#6 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(66) "http://www.moderntank.net/forum/admin.php?add-ons/update-check-all"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["add-ons/update-check-all"] => string(0) ""
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-04-20 at 1.06.20 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2013-04-20 at 1.06.20 PM.webp
    32.2 KB · Views: 7
  • Screen Shot 2013-04-20 at 1.11.33 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2013-04-20 at 1.11.33 PM.webp
    26.5 KB · Views: 7
This is caused usually when the update checker can't find a version number. It's basically how the update check works. It looks at the version string on the resource and compares it to your installed version.

Some resources don't have version strings because they are file less. Likelihood is, one of the URLs you've provided doesn't have a version number.

Remove or update that URL and the error will stop. The error is silent, by the way. It logs it but no one actually sees it unless they run the update check manually or look in the error log. So don't worry. Your users won't see this error. The next version handles the error much better.

okay... my guess is that since the table does not have any default collation set in the installer query... during installation the collation is set to 'IMPLICIT'...
to fix, go to your cPanel -> phpMyAdmin -> Select your XenForo database -> Select table 'xf_addon_update_check' -> Structure -> 'addon_id' and change the collation to utf8_general_ci

This may seem like an absolutely inane reply but... You deserve some kind of cuddle for this post. :p

An exception occurred: Mysqli prepare error: Illegal mix of collations (utf8_general_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_unicode_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation '=' in /home/savage/public_html/Rogue9.us/community/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 77
  1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in XenForo/Model.php at line 218
  5. XenForo_Model->fetchAllKeyed() in AddOnInstaller/Model/AddOn.php at line 280
  6. AddOnInstaller_Model_AddOn->getAllUpdateChecks() in AddOnInstaller/Listener.php at line 25
  7. AddOnInstaller_Listener::templatePostRender() in XenForo/CodeEvent.php at line 54
  8. XenForo_CodeEvent::fire() in XenForo/Template/Abstract.php at line 195
  9. XenForo_Template_Abstract->render() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlAdmin.php at line 127
  10. XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlAdmin->renderContainer() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 565
  11. XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 156
  12. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/savage/public_html/Rogue9.us/community/admin.php at line 13
I installed the add-on and now I can not do anything at all with the site, any help would be appreciated.
Thank you,

You need to make the table collation the same: utf8_general_ci,IMPLICIT or utf8_unicode_ci,IMPLICIT, not both.

For reference, mine are all utf8_general_ci.

I did as it says in the instructions on the first link, uploaded the contents of the upload folder to my roof Xenforo folder, then uploaded the .xml file, and while it was rebuilding cache it cut to that screen. I can go back, but if I try to navigate anywhere in the admin from that page I'm just given the same screen again.

Top Bottom