Add-on Install & Upgrade

Add-on Install & Upgrade 1.4.3

No permission to download
That is a server configuration issue.

Please consult your host or server person for support.

Specifically, PHP is unable to create a temporary directory in the install/addons directory.

Specifically, PHP is unable to create a temporary directory in the install/addons directory.
I opened a ticket with my support and will post how I was able to fix it if I am able to :)

There are a few addons that do not have an upload folder so the addon XML file gets copied to the forum root as well. There are also some addons that do have an upload folder, but place their XML file inside the upload folder for some reason. :p I end up having to delete them manually. Do you think it's a good idea to filter out XML files with an "addon-" prefix?

Here is what support told me:

I recommend switching the server's PHP handler to SuPHP. This will offer immediate compatibility with automatic updates. Otherwise, even if you manually arrange permissions and ownership now, it will likely be overwritten at some point. Please read this article for more on handlers:
https://knowledgebase.servint.net/questions/441/All+About+PHP+Handlers

I can switch the PHP handler immediately. Just let me know.

If I remember right, I think that I tried SuPHP before and it wouldn't cache correctly with like Taigachat or another add on... Thoughts?

I make a strict point of not providing advice on server issues.

I know that SuPHP is a solution, but I can't tell you that it is the right solution or comment on its impact on security or other add-ons.

Yeah, it should work, but it's up to you and your host to work out whether it's right for your needs.

Sorry for being so vague :)

Is there some update soon ? Updating still doesn't work for me, even though that installing new add-on work (from ZIP/Link), no errors, cache is rebuilding, full permissions everywhere, and nothing is updated.

I contacted my host and they said they did what they needed but i'm still getting an error. Is there anything else to do besides chmoding the file.

What did they do? If it hasn't had the desired results you need to go back to your host.

If what they've done is effective at best you should be getting a different error now, can you paste the error here?

Same error I believe. They chmoded the file to 777
Code:
mkdir() [function.mkdir]: Permission denied

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
mkdir() in AddOnInstaller/Model/AddOn.php at line 49
AddOnInstaller_Model_AddOn->recursiveCopy() in AddOnInstaller/Model/AddOn.php at line 64
AddOnInstaller_Model_AddOn->recursiveCopy() in AddOnInstaller/Model/AddOn.php at line 64
AddOnInstaller_Model_AddOn->recursiveCopy() in AddOnInstaller/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 223
AddOnInstaller_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstallUpgrade() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/minerdel/public_html/admin.php at line 13

Similar error...

It's now struggling to copy the files from the temporary location (install/addons/<random id here>) to wherever they need to be copied (e.g. library, styles js directories etc.).

Similar error...

It's now struggling to copy the files from the temporary location (install/addons/<random id here>) to wherever they need to be copied (e.g. library, styles js directories etc.).
Ok my webhost told me this.

I've noticed that every time you've run the addon system, a new folder was created in install/addons which I'm presuming is the addon folder.

Ask if they know why I can't copy and what settings are required for the script to copy from that folder.

That folder is the temporary location where the zip file is extracted to.

Once it's extracted and it knows the file structure, it can begin copying those files to the correct place. Before it copies those files, it needs to create the directory.

So if it needs to copy the contents of library/SomeAddOn it would have to check to see if that directory exists first and if it doesn't then it would create the directory called SomeAddOn in the library directory. Then in there it would create other directories the add on needs.

It's failing at creating directories. Add ons usually create files in the js, library and styles directories.

Which add-on?

I was going to say all, but it would seem I've succeed to update some. Actually it's kind of unpredictable/unreliable. The first time I've installed this add-on, I've updated a lot at once, thinking all was good, and just after some times, the list would contains the same updates, then noticed after the cache rebuild, the add-on version were still the same. Not sure if really installed and version not changed, or updating failed, never seen errors. Since then I've installed manually. Though I've tried randomly few hours ago to update some addons and surprisely this time it was working. But few minutes ago, I've tried to update some add-ons and was not working. Just weird.

Anyway, there is no point to try to remember what I've done or such, so let's assume updating works, and I can give some failed one I've tried few minutes ago :

- Xentag 1.63 -> 1.63b (surprisely, 1.6.2 -> 1.63 has worked, but not 1.6.3 -> 1.6.3b)
- Widget Framework 2.1.1 -> 2.2
- Tag Me 1.7 -> 1.71

I could add more, but most of them have been updated manually.
For these ones, version_string are corrects, so don't understand why sometimes it works, sometimes not.

Tell me if you need more details.

You can only install one version of any add-on.

Can you post a link to the add-on from the other site so we can understand what you mean?

You can only install one version of any add-on.

Can you post a link to the add-on from the other site so we can understand what you mean?
iam not mean 2 version
same add-on but have the ability to download from 2 different RM

the other RM i use not in english =) so i just need it for the translate and some other stuff ^-^

thx =)

Chris, while installing this i get a message
An exception occurred: Mysqli prepare error: Illegal mix of collations (utf8_general_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_unicode_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation '=' in /home/cobs/public_html/example.com/forum/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 77
  1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in XenForo/Model.php at line 219
  5. XenForo_Model->fetchAllKeyed() in AddOnInstaller/Model/AddOn.php at line 280
  6. AddOnInstaller_Model_AddOn->getAllUpdateChecks() in AddOnInstaller/Listener.php at line 25
  7. AddOnInstaller_Listener::templatePostRender() in XenForo/CodeEvent.php at line 54
  8. XenForo_CodeEvent::fire() in XenForo/Template/Abstract.php at line 195
  9. XenForo_Template_Abstract->render() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlAdmin.php at line 127
  10. XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlAdmin->renderContainer() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 565
  11. XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 156
  12. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/cobs/public_html/example.com/forum/admin.php at line 13
The ACP is also on some kind of error and just refuses to do anything till i delete the addon installer files from the directories through ftp.
Thanks in advance.

Top Bottom