Add-on Install & Upgrade

Add-on Install & Upgrade 1.4.3

No permission to download
@zylstra you will need to manually upload Stick First Post 1.0.9 files. Then update the XML file.

This sometimes happens when you are updating an add-on with unexpected hooks into the system. In this case it is some cache rebuild task which is causing an error.

@Chris D

my update checker is showing a 1 next to it but in the entire list of add ones I don't see any upgrade buttons. is there a log that this add ones keeps? or somewhere in the mysql DB can look for via phpMyAdmin to locate what add-one the update checker is seeing an update for.

@Chris D

my update checker is showing a 1 next to it but in the entire list of add ones I don't see any upgrade buttons. is there a log that this add ones keeps? or somewhere in the mysql DB can look for via phpMyAdmin to locate what add-one the update checker is seeing an update for.
This should be fixed in the next version; v1.3.4.

Note; this version also implements (optional) semantic version comparison. So it should also stop offering older updates if you happen to have a new version locally.

Reactions: rdn
Dragging up an old post but it didnt look like anyone got back to him on this ?
The add-on stores a copy of uploaded files there, and it is critical to allow it to split the install process into multiple steps (upload/extract/deploy/install xml).

You need to ensure the user the website runs as has write access to that location.

I'm sure this has been asked / suggested before --- but ---

It would be great if addons on sites other then XF could be upgraded via this --- (assuming they are using RM)

Not sure if it's me but I am noticing trouble with getting the file upload prompt to come up when clicking "Choose Files." It works when I disable the addon and use XenForo's stock one.

Screen recording: https://speedysrv.tinytake.com/sf/MTIxNTM0N180NjQ5NTM0
There should be nothing special about this button - it should just work. It's a standard HTML5 multiple files button.

That said, which browser and OS are you using and do you get a different behaviour in a different browser?

thank you for that update, went from 10 to 4, lol.
I ended up implementing it because my development environment had 15-20 add-ons (out of ~100) which had a newer version than what I had publically released :P

My live site(s) only had about 5-10 add-ons with non-public versions :D

I can't take the credit for anything in the last few releases, apart from posting the update :)

Reactions: Xon
Not sure if it's me but I am noticing trouble with getting the file upload prompt to come up when clicking "Choose Files." It works when I disable the addon and use XenForo's stock one.

Screen recording: https://speedysrv.tinytake.com/sf/MTIxNTM0N180NjQ5NTM0
Without known the exact browser, patch level or security mode, it is hard to debug that. Are there any console errors or events?

Have you tried completely restarting your browser (killing it if it doesn't shutdown cleanly)? This fixes a surprising number of issues.

A site moved to a new server without ZendOpcache installed.
Now I can't disable "Fetch public templates as files" options on Performance section.
Fatal error: Call to undefined function opcache_reset() in /library/AddOnInstaller/XenForo/Model/AddOn.php on line 194

Installed and enabled Addon. Tried installing Post Ratings thereafter and get this error:

Zend OPcache API is restricted by "restrict_api" configuration directive

1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
  2. opcache_reset() in AddOnInstaller/XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 179
  3. AddOnInstaller_XenForo_Model_AddOn->InvalidateOpCache() in AddOnInstaller/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 477
  4. AddOnInstaller_XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionStepDeploy() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 351
  5. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  6. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /mnt/stor20-wc2-dfw1/435600/www.puritanboard.com/web/content/admin.php at line 13

This is down to a specific configuration you have enabled which prevents the OPcache API from being accessed outside of a certain path.

We could attempt to detect this in the future and act accordingly or even just suppress such a warning entirely, but right now all I can suggest is reviewing that configuration and adjusting it to an appropriate path or setting it to its default of "".

Reactions: Xon
Top Bottom