Add-on Install & Upgrade

Add-on Install & Upgrade 1.4.3

No permission to download
Permissions error. This is likely to be a server configuration issue. Basically the permissions on the file system aren't allowing the files to be copied.

Check with your hosts.

Hmmm, I run my own dedicated server and everything works.....uploading pics, etc.....it always accepts the XML files...

So is it likely the directory permissions on the library directory? The particular user?

I don't know to be honest. I'm not great with Linux.

All I know is this works fine for most people and for you it's saying stuff about permissions so it seems your server may be slightly more secure than most out there.

What is the permissions on the library directory? I believe most have it set to 755 by default. I'm not suggesting you should change it to that, more just curious if that's how yours differs.

Aside from that I have no idea :(

What is the permissions on the library directory? I believe most have it set to 755 by default. I'm not suggesting you should change it to that, more just curious if that's how yours differs.

Aside from that I have no idea :(

Most all permissions are 755 - I guess as "stock".....

Where my problem may be is in the user who has that permission. That is, my XF installation has a different owner and user than most of my web site.

So, when this (and other add-ons) write to the disk, who are they? All the logging features work in most of my add-ons, so I know it's OK as far as writing logs.

Make a folder called upload and put inside it the core folders eg library, styles etc

Put the XML file one level up from the upload folder (so you'd have your upload folder icon next to the XML icon).

Then make a zip by highlighting the upload folder and XML. That should do it of my instructions make sense after 3 hours sleep :(

I'm on a Mac now. I keep getting this error:

Admin Control Panel - 8thos
Server Error

implode() [function.implode]: Invalid arguments passed
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in AddOnInstaller/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 156
  2. AddOnInstaller_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionAutoUpgrade() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  3. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  4. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/thethleg/user/admin.php at line 13

Hi Chris, I finally got around to use your addon. Tried an upgrade but this error occur:

Fatal error: Class 'ZipArchive' not found in /home/user/public_html/library/AddOnInstaller/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php on line 105

(QouteME 1.4)

Your PHP installation doesn't have the ZipArchive class included.

It's a pretty standard thing to be included in PHP, but unfortunately some hosts and setups exclude it.

You would need to have the ZipArchive class installed or my add-on won't work.

Hi,
i've this error, can someone giv me a tip to fix this?

Code:
ZipArchive::extractTo(): Permission denied

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
ZipArchive->extractTo() in AddOnInstaller/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 21
AddOnInstaller_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionAutoInstall() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /***admin.php at line 13

Just as it says, really.

Permission denied. The Zip process is trying to extract files to the addon-prestage folder. This is in the root of your XenForo install.

Maybe consult your host or look to set permissions on that folder. I do not know the best permissions combination, but whatever you do just make sure it keeps the rest of your XenForo installation secure.

Just as it says, really.

Permission denied. The Zip process is trying to extract files to the addon-prestage folder. This is in the root of your XenForo install.

Maybe consult your host or look to set permissions on that folder. I do not know the best permissions combination, but whatever you do just make sure it keeps the rest of your XenForo installation secure.

Thanks for your answer, i've a permission problem, but i dont know how to fix.
My folder permissions are set to default, so....
i've fix the first problem, i've created addon-prestage folder, but now i've other errors, so i think i've execution problems.
Just to info, i've try to update AreYouAHuman and...
Code:
copy(./library/XenFacil/AreYouAHuman/Override.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
copy() in AddOnInstaller/Model/AddOn.php at line 21
AddOnInstaller_Model_AddOn->addOnInstallerCopyFiles() in AddOnInstaller/Model/AddOn.php at line 18
AddOnInstaller_Model_AddOn->addOnInstallerCopyFiles() in AddOnInstaller/Model/AddOn.php at line 18
AddOnInstaller_Model_AddOn->addOnInstallerCopyFiles() in AddOnInstaller/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 145
AddOnInstaller_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionAutoUpgrade() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /***/admin.php at line 13

Unfortunately I am limited in the support I can provide when it comes to server configuration issues.

All I can say is 95% of the people who install this have no problems and their server is already configured correctly. Unfortunately the other 5% would need to speak to their host or server expert.

Thanks for your answer, i've a permission problem, but i dont know how to fix.
My folder permissions are set to default, so....
Try with CHMOD 755 or 775 in public_html, js, library, and styles folders.
Prueba con CHMOD 755 o 775 en los directorios public_html, js, library y styles.
i've fix the first problem, i've created addon-prestage folder, but now i've other errors, so i think i've execution problems.
Do not create any directory superadded. If you've created, delete it.
No agregues ningún directorio. Si lo has creado, bórralo.
Just as it says, really.

El proceso Zip está tratando de extraer los archivos al directorio en el que opera el complemento. Este está en la raíz de tu instalación de XenForo.
Just to info, i've try to update AreYouAHuman and...
Code:
copy(./library/XenFacil/AreYouAHuman/Override.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied
bla, bla, bla...
Try again.
Inténtalo otra vez.

Salud2

lms
Thanks for the answer, my folder permissions was 755, i've changed to 775 to test
I've deleted addon-prestage folder in my root xenforo instalation
But 'ive same errors, installing or updating via Automatic Add-On Installer

The add-on can't open the file for permissions issue.
Code:
failed to open stream: Permission denied
Compare the zip permissions before uploading with the file permissions after upload.

Salud2

Well, if i copy a zip to my server, he gets 644, i've try to change permitions on server and then install, but i've not being success, my server always import the zip with 644.

For file permissions are must be 644. For folder - 755. For subfolders - 755. Check folders and subfolders permissions.

For file permissions are must be 644. For folder - 755. For subfolders - 755. Check folders and subfolders permissions.

My file permissions are default and js, library or style are 755,and subfolders 755.
If i change any of this folders to 644, my forum stops.

Right. Folder must be with 755. But file must be with 644. If you change folder permissions from 755 to 644 - this will not be working.

From http://forums.cpanel.net/f185/why-6...ctories-public-folders-136821.html#post588273:
644 means that files are readable and writeable by the owner of the file and readable by users in the group owner of that file and readable by everyone else.

755 is the same thing, it just has the execute bit set for everyone. The execute bit is needed to be able to change into the directory. This is why directories are commonly set to 755.

Top Bottom