Add-on A complete store front add-on - GFNStoreFront

yes having the description of product on the RM would be good
- then link to this addon to handle payment or subscription.

That would mean having FAQ or extra Help stuff in another category of the RM about the items sold, so all in same place.

I was caught in another project that was due... my final target date is 21st March (+/- 2 days)
Is this your target for a Beta/RC release or the stable version? Also, have you determined pricing (branding free in particular) and will you have any importers for things like IP.Nexus?

He's already said this will first be a basic version with more features to follow. If you check this thread you'll see what has been in the works.

Would love to get my hands on that beta, is there a stable beta version yet? :p
Also I know I asked in another thread, just wanna confirm from the author since the description of the plugin really doesn't state it:
Can you customize items so upon purchase it will execute a mysql query that I can define, so I can send info to multiple databases?

No offense to the developer, but for something as critical as this add-on will be to those of us considering it, I'm not sure I'm comfortable relying on them. The promised target dates have been missed multiple times so far and communication is poor. Prove me wrong and I'll give this another hard look. :)

Any idea's what going on with this ? the dev still even alive ? is there a reason all the dev's / OP accounts have the "Start Conversation" disabled ?? anyone getting any form of response ??

Won't beat around the bush... I want to sell premium designs.. I need a cart solution.. all current xf ones lack any features.. lack support for 3rd party integration such as affiliate programs etc etc..

please at least let us know what is going on.. if your not releasing it for another 2 months... than tell us.. if it is actually coming in a weeks time tell us.. When you post a thread regarding a feature that is well sort after and has thins much interest you really need to keep "Potential" Customers in the loop.. it's called being professional.

Regards, Darren

PS.. If you are still alive could you please reply to my PM's / Emails i have sent you. Thank you.

Any idea's what going on with this ? the dev still even alive ? is there a reason all the dev's / OP accounts have the "Start Conversation" disabled ?? anyone getting any form of response ??
Won't beat around the bush... I want to sell premium designs.. I need a cart solution.. all current xf ones lack any features.. lack support for 3rd party integration such as affiliate programs etc etc..
please at least let us know what is going on.. if your not releasing it for another 2 months... than tell us.. if it is actually coming in a weeks time tell us.. When you post a thread regarding a feature that is well sort after and has thins much interest you really need to keep "Potential" Customers in the loop.. it's called being professional.
Regards, Darren
PS.. If you are still alive could you please reply to my PM's / Emails i have sent you. Thank you.

If I were a developer I wouldn't answer that.
It has been known for dvelopers to collapse under the strain of many people pressuring them to work faster an do more more more. Seriously there have been several cases of devs health breaking down, on XF alone as well as elsewhere.

Secondly there is no lack of professionalism. A professional relationship rests on contract. This dev has no contract with any of us yet. We have not bought his addon, nor donated to it. None has signed an agreement or exchanged one by email or other means.
All that has happened is that the dev has announced he is making this addon and we have shown interest in it. He has responded by giving us reports at intervals.

We have no rights to it, nor any right to make demands.
If we do make demands the person coming under that pressure is more likely to back off and discontinue because it stops being fun.

Also remember the more time a dev spends answering messages the less time he is coding. Would you rather he answered a stack of 50 messages - that he codes?That's why devs switch off on PCs.

Fair enough we are enthusiastic and impatient. That is fine if we stick to showing how much we value his work. Strong feelings are understandable because we have projects we are dedicated to, or make our essential money from, or both. But pressure and demands add up to harassment. It doesnt take much of that to do damage.

Accept it. The addon will come when it comes.
A "please" style request for an update is allowable but not demands.

It looks like Mr. Goodie2Shoes hasn't been there for a long. I hope everything is fine for him. If he can't provide this addon, this is not that important. And about money, I guess not many people contribute to this project so it would not be a problem to refund the few of them.

Advertising is for many forum admins an important factor on dealing with forum costs. Therefore it would be great if your plugin would support purchasing forum ad spots.

The forum admin should be able...
- to create unlimited adzones / banner sizes and ad packages
- have the possibility of creating unlimited campaigns
- to easily add ad placements with short codes
- to sell ad packages using *bitcoins.

The ad spot purchaser should be able…
- to see detailed campaign stats

* some gateways (walletbit, bitpay, bips)

It's disappointing once again to see the good nature of many members here to be exploited.

I'm sure Mr.Goodie2Shoes has his reasons for abandoning his projects, and those reasons may be very good. But there's absolutely no justification for taking people's money and then not delivering a product.

Those who have contributed to this project should try to seek a charge back from PayPal. (This isn't true of products of his you have bought, this is only true of this project where a product hasn't been delivered).

I would urge any fellow developers reading this to very carefully re-consider before trying to raise funds prior to delivering a product.

I developed from scratch and released (not even a beta version) my Gallery add-on in the space of three weeks. I did this without any funding whatsoever. I don't see why other developers can't do the same.

Top Bottom