XF 2 Showcase Add-On (big job)

IMCD

I'm looking for a developer to work on a complete "showcase" type add-on for XF2.

I am aware of the xenaddons version of Showcase but think that a custom add-on might be the best way to go since we need a number of features that are not incorporated into any existing add-on.

Details of add-on request:

Overview: This showcase add-on will be an integrated content display and review system that enables the forum administrator to create a database of products and link existing threads to this database. Further, users will interact with the showcase by creating their own personal owner pages for items that are in the showcase, which will populate showcase content like reviews and photos.

Primary functions:

1. Showcase landing page / index of products

- Grid layout of all products, listed by manufacturer with item counts

2. Individual product pages - tabbed content display

Tab 1: Main product page / overview

A single page in a wiki-type format that displays content under the following headings:

Heading 1: Product Information

Allow admin to create/edit custom fields that can display on this page in specified display order. For example:

Default fields:
  • Manufacturer
  • Model
  • Description

Custom fields in data table: (examples for demonstration only)
  • MSRP
  • Size
  • Power
  • Color

Admin can create, delete, enable, and disable these custom fields. Custom fields will have basic text field format.

Heading 2: Photos (with upload prompt to add)

• Thumbnail display of photos that have been uploaded for this product.
  • Also includes thumbnails of photos attached to reviews or owner pages (see below)

Heading 3: Reviews (with prompt to add review)

• Text based review with rating categories set by admin.
  • Fields for review title, pros, and cons
  • Photo uploads to attach images to review (these images will also populate section 2: photos)
Display:
  • Display summary ratings above all reviews
  • Review sort field
  • Pagination for reviews with admin setting for reviews per page

Tab 2: Related Threads

A tab to display threads that have been tagged as about this product.

On the forum side, functionality needs to be added to assign a thread to a product (or multiple products).

• Permissions to allow tagging threads (by usergroup)
  • Link at bottom of thread to tag thread which loads a prompt to search by manufacturer / product to tag thread with product
  • Moderator function to tag thread based on selection checkboxes

Function should exist for either user or moderator to tag threads.

Display of related threads will look just like forum display template and have pagination and filters.

Tab 3: Owners

Paginated grid layout of links to owner pages. The grid layout will have:

• Thumbnail + username link
  • Link to "add owner page"

Owner Page Details:

Individual owner pages will include these fields:

• Date purchased (date field)
  • Description (text area message style field with markup)
  • Dealer purchased from (text field)
  • Photos (will populate in Heading 2 above)
  • Threads about my (product name) - Links to threads user has started that are tagged with this product.
  • My other items (same thumbnail display from tab 3 display)

Owner Page Functionality: New tab on forum profile for "my showcase" will display links by thumbnail+product name to each owner page that user has added.

Admin / mod / settings / options

• Edit/delete function for mod on all user uploaded content
  • Add / edit / delete product database
  • Bulk upload manufacturer list
  • Bulk upload product list csv (can include model, description, and custom fields)
  • Default sort order settings for reviews
  • Sort order for Tab 1 fields and headings

--------------------------

I will provide mockups for all layouts so we are on the same page regarding functionality and features, but I have done my best to describe this in detail here to get the ball rolling on discussing the project.

I understand that this is a big add-on and will take some time to complete. I have worked with many programmers over the past 15 years including some here on XF and many on VB and custom scripts. Based on your estimate of time, we can discuss the budget.

If you want to tag a developer who would be a good fit for this project please let me know.

Thanks in advance!

I'm looking for a developer to work on a complete "showcase" type add-on for XF2.

I am aware of the xenaddons version of Showcase but think that a custom add-on might be the best way to go since we need a number of features that are not incorporated into any existing add-on.

Details of add-on request:

Overview: This showcase add-on will be an integrated content display and review system that enables the forum administrator to create a database of products and link existing threads to this database. Further, users will interact with the showcase by creating their own personal owner pages for items that are in the showcase, which will populate showcase content like reviews and photos.

Primary functions:

1. Showcase landing page / index of products

- Grid layout of all products, listed by manufacturer with item counts

2. Individual product pages - tabbed content display

Tab 1: Main product page / overview

A single page in a wiki-type format that displays content under the following headings:

Heading 1: Product Information

Allow admin to create/edit custom fields that can display on this page in specified display order. For example:

Default fields:
  • Manufacturer
  • Model
  • Description

Custom fields in data table: (examples for demonstration only)
  • MSRP
  • Size
  • Power
  • Color

Admin can create, delete, enable, and disable these custom fields. Custom fields will have basic text field format.

Heading 2: Photos (with upload prompt to add)

• Thumbnail display of photos that have been uploaded for this product.
  • Also includes thumbnails of photos attached to reviews or owner pages (see below)

Heading 3: Reviews (with prompt to add review)

• Text based review with rating categories set by admin.
  • Fields for review title, pros, and cons
  • Photo uploads to attach images to review (these images will also populate section 2: photos)
Display:
  • Display summary ratings above all reviews
  • Review sort field
  • Pagination for reviews with admin setting for reviews per page

Tab 2: Related Threads

A tab to display threads that have been tagged as about this product.

On the forum side, functionality needs to be added to assign a thread to a product (or multiple products).

• Permissions to allow tagging threads (by usergroup)
  • Link at bottom of thread to tag thread which loads a prompt to search by manufacturer / product to tag thread with product
  • Moderator function to tag thread based on selection checkboxes

Function should exist for either user or moderator to tag threads.

Display of related threads will look just like forum display template and have pagination and filters.

Tab 3: Owners

Paginated grid layout of links to owner pages. The grid layout will have:

• Thumbnail + username link
  • Link to "add owner page"

Owner Page Details:

Individual owner pages will include these fields:

• Date purchased (date field)
  • Description (text area message style field with markup)
  • Dealer purchased from (text field)
  • Photos (will populate in Heading 2 above)
  • Threads about my (product name) - Links to threads user has started that are tagged with this product.
  • My other items (same thumbnail display from tab 3 display)

Owner Page Functionality: New tab on forum profile for "my showcase" will display links by thumbnail+product name to each owner page that user has added.

Admin / mod / settings / options

• Edit/delete function for mod on all user uploaded content
  • Add / edit / delete product database
  • Bulk upload manufacturer list
  • Bulk upload product list csv (can include model, description, and custom fields)
  • Default sort order settings for reviews
  • Sort order for Tab 1 fields and headings

--------------------------

I will provide mockups for all layouts so we are on the same page regarding functionality and features, but I have done my best to describe this in detail here to get the ball rolling on discussing the project.

I understand that this is a big add-on and will take some time to complete. I have worked with many programmers over the past 15 years including some here on XF and many on VB and custom scripts. Based on your estimate of time, we can discuss the budget.

If you want to tag a developer who would be a good fit for this project please let me know.

Thanks in advance!
All of your listed requirements are making complete sense. I have already engaged our technical team for the time and cost analysis which will be shared with you through private conversation shortly. I wish you a good day!

Perhaps contact @Bob
He contacted me last week :) Sounds like a fun project, I just don't have the time unfortunately.

he has a private add-on that might do what you need.
If you are referring to Review Management System, RMS would have pretty much the same customization needs as Showcase based on the features that he wants, so I didn't bring it up when we talked (altho, if he ends up where its cheaper to extend an existing addon (like XFRM, Showcase etc) than it would be to have an entire bespoke add-on developed from scratch, and he wanted to go with Showcase, I'd recommend that he go with RMS instead).

@IMCD good luck with your project, can't wait to see the finished product :) Hit me up in our conversation anytime.

-B

Top Bottom