[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) PRO

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) PRO [Paid] 1.2.2b

No permission to buy ($40.00)
@Jaxel

Is there a way to disable the Home tab for XenPorta? I want to use the Custom Tabs addon to create category specific tabs. The only problem is that whenever I am on an XP2 page the Home tab is always highlighted which leads to two tabs being highlighted at the same time as shown below...

XP2Hometab.webp

Is is possible to make a block that does this??? Pulls from a forum id?
At the moment, no.

You might consider a different "custom article view" in future versions.
The XenForo template system allows you to edit views so they look how you want.

I don't know what that grid is you are working on, but I sure hope a variation of it is put out in the future. Also very cool of you to make that widget
Its a pre-existing widget called "Articles Simple".

installed latest xenforo forum upgrade, purchased and installed the latest xenportal 2. I do not get an option to promote articles under thread options. Any idea what could be wrong? I uploaded xenportal 2 a few times in case I missed a file on the upload
Are your permissions setup correctly?

Is there a way to disable the Home tab for XenPorta?
You can disable the navtab for it in debug mode.

Attached is an upgraded widget... Just upload, then upgrade the existing widget from file:
Code:
library/EWRporta2/Widget/XML/MedioRecent.xml
This widget gets broken when you upgrade to 1.1.0a. FYI

Had re-upload to get things working again...

Thanks,
Itworx4me

The XenForo template system allows you to edit views so they look how you wan

You know, you very much missed the point of my post. Nothing about that would change the jarring change in layout you are currently providing....and would require the user to have a significant understanding beyond paying you. This latter part is something most devs are happy to find ways to keep the users doing.

You make it challenging for users to give you friendly feedback to improve your future releases.

Another nice addition for a future release would be a trophy integration. Count whose posts have been promoted and then allow trophies to be given out in response to certain quantities.

Anyone else have issues with timing on article promotion?
I'm still working on isolating when it happens, but I promote 6-8 articles each day. At least one will date wrong.
Today is April 16 at 1230pm? It will date as April 17 at 1230am by default.

This one day later and swap AM/PM is the consistent behavior. Very strange.

@Jaxel

I was just messing around with the Auto-Promote Forums Option. Selected 4 different forum and loaded the Article List. I have 6 stories being displayed in the Article Widget. Here are my results....lol

Load time before Auto-Promote Forums Option was turned on:
Timing: 0.2661 seconds

After Auto-Promote Forums Option was turned on:
Timing: 5.0048 seconds
Threads in Article List Widget (4334)

Wow what a performance killer.

Suggestion: Build some type of pruning system to delete articles from being displayed in the article widget after a certain time. Other wise when someone reaches large amount of thread in the widget there performance will kill there server.... JMO

Thanks,
Itworx4me

@Jaxel

I was just messing around with the Auto-Promote Forums Option. Selected 4 different forum and loaded the Article List. I have 6 stories being displayed in the Article Widget. Here are my results....lol

Load time before Auto-Promote Forums Option was turned on:
Timing: 0.2661 seconds

After Auto-Promote Forums Option was turned on:
Timing: 5.0048 seconds
Threads in Article List Widget (4334)

Wow what a performance killer.

Suggestion: Build some type of pruning system to delete articles from being displayed in the article widget after a certain time. Other wise when someone reaches large amount of thread in the widget there performance will kill there server.... JMO

Thanks,
Itworx4me
He actually talks about this in one of the youtube videos and suggest not using the auto promote if you don't have to. I also think he was on his to vacation soon

He actually talks about this in one of the youtube videos and suggest not using the auto promote if you don't have to. I also think he was on his to vacation soon
Yes I know he mentions it in the video. It's also something he wanted to take out but people got upset. I was just testing the settings to see what the results produced. At some point someone that does use it will experience this high sever load that I experienced on my server.

Top Bottom