[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) PRO

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) PRO [Paid] 1.2.2b

No permission to buy ($40.00)
Attached is an upgraded widget... Just upload, then upgrade the existing widget from file:
Code:
library/EWRporta2/Widget/XML/MedioRecent.xml
Currently when viewing the block on the index page. It has a name of Recent Media. Is there anyway to change that name to something else per block?

Thanks,
Itworx4me

Currently when viewing the block on the index page. It has a name of Recent Media. Is there anyway to change that name to something else per block?

Thanks,
Itworx4me
You can edit the template for the widget and replace:
Code:
{xen:phrase recent_media}
with:
Code:
{$wTitle}
Then it will simply follow the widget title.

Update 1.1.0 why these errors still occur ?

ErrorException: Undefined index: message - library/EWRporta2/Model/Articles.php:299

Screen Shot 2015-04-12 at 8.42.38 AM.webp

Just adding my two cents of errors...

I just noticed within the last 6 hours I had two of these errors..

Both were generated 19 minutes ago...

Code:
ErrorException: Undefined index: message - library\EWRporta2\Model\Articles.php:299
Generated By: Unknown Account, 17 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 G:\xampp\htdocs\cozworld\library\EWRporta2\Model\Articles.php(299): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', 'G:\\xampp\\htdocs...', 299, Array)
#1 G:\xampp\htdocs\cozworld\library\EWRporta2\Model\Articles.php(478): EWRporta2_Model_Articles->parseArticleIcon(Array)
#2 G:\xampp\htdocs\cozworld\library\EWRporta2\Model\Post.php(7): EWRporta2_Model_Articles->getArticleByThreadIdOrAuto(42934)
#3 G:\xampp\htdocs\cozworld\library\XenForo\ControllerPublic\Thread.php(68): EWRporta2_Model_Post->getPostsInThread(42934, Array)
#4 G:\xampp\htdocs\cozworld\library\Waindigo\Trophies\Extend\XenForo\ControllerPublic\Thread.php(17): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionIndex()
#5 G:\xampp\htdocs\cozworld\library\EWRporta2\ControllerPublic\Thread.php(9): Waindigo_Trophies_Extend_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionIndex()
#6 G:\xampp\htdocs\cozworld\library\Andy\SimilarThreads\ControllerPublic\Thread.php(12): EWRporta2_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionIndex()
#7 G:\xampp\htdocs\cozworld\library\XenForo\FrontController.php(347): Andy_SimilarThreads_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionIndex()
#8 G:\xampp\htdocs\cozworld\library\XenForo\FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#9 G:\xampp\htdocs\cozworld\index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#10 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(84) "http://www.cozworld.com/threads/killing-floor-2-dev-diary-talks-weapons-perks.42934/"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }

The String to the thread was posted on Dec 28, 2014 at 12:16 PM which to me is odd to even been in the error... No one posted to it.

Last edited:
I've wrote a private message one month ago to @Jaxel one month ago and haven't received any reply since. :(

Dear @Jaxel, if you're reading this please answer to my PM (sent in Jan 11, 2015)....I bought Xenporta2 and never received any updates even though I did everything in my power to receive them...

Thanks in advance!

Can you PM me again? I cant find the PM.

Dear @Jaxel I've sent another PM (quoting my first one).

Thanks in advance!

Jaxel updated [8wayRun.Com] XenPorta 2 (Portal) PRO with a new update entry:

Version 1.1.0a HOTFIX

This is a HOTFIX; this means you don't need to run any "upgrade" procedures to upgrade from 1.1.0; just upload the files.

With this hotfix I have completely rewritten the methods for fetching Open Graph (Facebook) preview icons. The old method just caused too many issues related to auto-promotions and icon-searching. People would report bugs, and I would stamp it out, only for two more to appear.

So I've completely wiped out the changes I originally made for this purpose in 1.0.8 and came...

Read the rest of this update entry...

@Jaxel any chance of giving us the "Quotes" widget that you used to have in XP1? Not sure if you released it but there was one awesome block/widget that takes a .txt file from where it pulls up Quotes of the day..

I know you may not use it on your site but please consider if it was indeed you widget in XP1...

@Jaxel In xp1 you had a recentnews block. Is there anything like this in xp2 that pulls from a certain forum id?

Thanks,
Itworx4me
No, the article system sorts by categories, not the source forums.

@Jaxel any chance of giving us the "Quotes" widget that you used to have in XP1? Not sure if you released it but there was one awesome block/widget that takes a .txt file from where it pulls up Quotes of the day..

I know you may not use it on your site but please consider if it was indeed you widget in XP1...
Umm... I didn't make the "Quotes" widget in XP1... But... I MADE IT FOR YOU!

You can see it working here: http://8wayrun.com/test/

Some interest things I made with this widget:
  • The list of quotes is controlled by the widget options (not an external txt file). So you can use multiple option sets to have multiple sources for random quotes.
  • This widget is cacheable! Why would you want to do this? Well if you don't cache it, it will show a different quote on every page load. If you do cache it however, it will store a single quote for the length of the cache. This means, you can set the cache time to be 24 hours (1 day), and then you have a convenient "Quote of the Day" widget!

Attachments

Hi @Jaxel this has been a very good mod in the end. Just wanted to say thanks.

You might consider a different "custom article view" in future versions. The additional page and ability to link directly is great and is hugely powerful. It works well if you have an exclusive forum for articles. But many of my users find the unexpected variation in layout jarring as they browse a regular forum.

A consideration could be one or more of the following:

-You could allow the ability to flag promoted posts some in the forum. Users could easily identify frontpage (ie quality) content in the forum grid and would expect the alternative thread layout when they click.

-The article landing page could be an intermediary before the forum. This would show the article, show the first of the local comments on the article landing page and allow continued local conversation to take place in the forum under the usual discussion format, driving traffic into the forum thread.

Just some thoughts. Right now the mod creates two 'types' of content and mixed them into a forum grid without identification when looking at the forum index. Just trying to smooth out that experience. This remains a great portal mod :)

installed latest xenforo forum upgrade, purchased and installed the latest xenportal 2. I do not get an option to promote articles under thread options. Any idea what could be wrong? I uploaded xenportal 2 a few times in case I missed a file on the upload

thank you very much

Top Bottom