[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) PRO

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) PRO [Paid] 1.2.2b

No permission to buy ($40.00)
My Home Button is linking to mydomain.com/index.php?articles. I have my settings like this
Screen Shot 2014-12-18 at 4.11.45 PM.webp

[edit} this is for making a new blank page Home1 as portal (home) page

You can edit the word "Home" by changing the phrase porta2_home. Consider changing it to "Articles"?
but i don't want the Articles tab... what i want to achieve is the HOME tab which links to mydomain.com just like in XenPorta 1.... the blank portal where we could just drop the widgets we like..

right now.. i changed the porta2_home phrase to Articles... and set the board index route and homepage URL like this
Screen Shot 2014-12-18 at 4.33.12 PM.webp

This gives me
  1. A home tab which links to mydomain.com/index.php (which is what i want)
  2. When clicked on this home tab it redirects me to mydomain.com/index.php?pages/Home1 (which is the portal page i set up but the URL structure is not nice)
  3. An Article tab (which i don't need)
Can't we have a default blank layout instead of tying this articles list, like it used to be in XenPorta1?

I have a lot's of error I don't have myself but people using the category chooser and tag feature get :

Code:
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Cannot break/continue 1 level - library/EWRporta2/Model/Features.php:160
Trace de la pile
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}
État de la demande
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(82) "http://www.team-legend.fr/threads/un-skin-mexicain-pour-braum.3480/promote-feature"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(3) {
    ["feature_date"] => array(5) {
      ["zone"] => string(16) "Europe/Amsterdam"
      ["date"] => string(10) "2014-12-18"
      ["hour"] => string(2) "03"
      ["mins"] => string(2) "45"
      ["meri"] => string(2) "PM"
    }
    ["feature_custom"] => string(1) "0"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
  }
}

When they reload the page, the error is gone so it's not breaking things but it's spamming my error log ^^'

but i don't want the Articles tab... what i want to achieve is the HOME tab which links to mydomain.com just like in XenPorta 1.... the blank portal where we could just drop the widgets we like..

right now.. i changed the porta2_home phrase to Articles... and set the board index route and homepage URL like this
View attachment 92170

This gives me
  1. A home tab which links to mydomain.com/index.php (which is what i want)
  2. When clicked on this home tab it redirects me to mydomain.com/index.php?pages/Home1 (which is the portal page i set up but the URL structure is not nice)
  3. An Article tab (which i don't need)
Can't we have a default blank layout instead of tying this articles list, like it used to be in XenPorta1?
Ah... add this to your EXTRA.css
Code:
.navTabs .articles .navLink { display none; }

If I create a new block for the Feature Widget, is the Relocate Slider option will still be availble or is it stuck to the vanilla slider?

New FAQ item...

What if I wanted to make my article list a double-column layout?

You can do this very easy with some simple CSS additions to EXTRA.css.
Code:
.articlesGrid { margin: 5px -5px -5px; }
.articlesGrid .articleItem { display: inline-block; width: 50%; }
.articlesGrid .articleItem .sectionMain { margin: 5px; }
.articlesGrid .articleItem .excerptOffset { height: 200px; overflow: hidden }

Take note of the "height" setting of the excerptOffset. Change this to how you wish, but if you dont have this, your grid wont align correctly. If you want more fluid heights to your article items, you need to implement some sort of masonry system such as Masonry or Salvattore (not included).​

Last edited:
I mean if I change the template to still have access to the promote to feature option. I'm thinking of creating something like this one : http://soluce.jeuxactu.com/ and I'm wondering if I'll be able to use the Relocate Slider option ^^
If you make a new block, you only need to add the code to the new block (and of course, a setting for your widget). Just add this to your widget template:
Code:
<xen:if is="{$wOptions.yourwidget_relocate}">
       $('#widget_{$wWidlink}').detach().insertBefore('{$wOptions.yourwidget_relocate}')
</xen:if>

Last edited:
with the dual article blocks, how can i make it so left side shows certain threads from a certain forum and the right side would show from another forum?

kinda like before itt was recentnews and recentnews1

with the dual article blocks, how can i make it so left side shows certain threads from a certain forum and the right side would show from another forum?

kinda like before itt was recentnews and recentnews1
You would have to set up another articles widget.

How does one replicate the article / comment layout similar to how you have on 8wayrun? Is that possible with this add-on or is it a custom thing?

Can I upgrade my original XP?

I am in the process of converting my wordpress articles over to the xenforo, then xenporta and have just finised those scripts so don't want to have to re-write them

Can I upgrade my original XP?

I am in the process of converting my wordpress articles over to the xenforo, then xenporta and have just finised those scripts so don't want to have to re-write them

Can people please read the overview/FAQ before asking the same questions over and over again. The original XP thread was a horrendous mess because the same questions were being asked again and again and this is already going the same way.

The overview page has a whole section on upgrading from XP1.

Top Bottom