[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) PRO

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) PRO [Paid] 1.2.2b

No permission to buy ($40.00)
@Jaxel, I just purchased this add-on and so far i'm enjoying it. I however, have a few questions.....,

How do I get my articles/portal to live at http://www.gamerdevils.com and not http://www.gamerdevils.com/articles?

Also, Can I and how do I move the copyright for the XenPorta 2 into where the regular Xenforo copyright is? I'm not looking to remove it, just put it somewhere better placed for my website. :)

Any other starter tips would be helpful! :)

@Jaxel, I just purchased this add-on and so far i'm enjoying it. I however, have a few questions.....,

How do I get my articles/portal to live at http://www.gamerdevils.com and not http://www.gamerdevils.com/articles?

Also, Can I and how do I move the copyright for the XenPorta 2 into where the regular Xenforo copyright is? I'm not looking to remove it, just put it somewhere better placed for my website. :)

Any other starter tips would be helpful! :)
Check the FAQ pls. You can put the copyright wherever you want; just cut it from the Footer template.

Check the FAQ pls. You can put the copyright wherever you want; just cut it from the Footer template.
Thanks a bunch! Where in the Footer template is the text? is it hooked into the default Xenforo Footer template? Also, how do I add my own icons/images to article posts instead of using my default avatar? and can they be resized?

Lastly, is there a widget for showing users online in the last 24 hours? :)

Last edited:
Thanks a bunch! Where in the Footer template is the text? is it hooked into the default Xenforo Footer template? Also, how do I add my own icons/images to article posts instead of using my default avatar? and can they be resized?

Type "footer into the search bar for templates.

When you promote an article, there are options for the article image. They can be resized with CSS.

There is no default widget for users online in the last 24 hours, someone would have to make it.

Type "footer into the search bar for templates.

When you promote an article, there are options for the article image. They can be resized with CSS.

There is no default widget for users online in the last 24 hours, someone would have to make it.
Ah, okay. :) @Jaxel, i have installed Icewind's Staff list add-on, and I don't know what I changed, but the link is no longer appearing in the navbar, I feel this may be a conflict with XenPorta, but I'm not too certain, any insight?

I have added this into extra.css to limit the image size on my forum.

Code:
.message .messageContent .messageText img {
max-width: 400px;
max-height: 400px;
}

Is their a way for me to limit image size for promoted Articles? I would like to keep all images the same size of possible.

thanks

Im still interested in limiting the size of linked images in my articles If anyone has any pointers.

Have you seen this? https://xenforo.com/community/threads/how-to-set-the-default-time-for-users-to-stay-logged-in.20019/

That code should work. If not, hit CTRL+SHIFT+J to bring up your inspector and look up the css selectors.

Found it. Adding the following code into extra.css will resize all images inserted into articles to the height specified.

.articleItem .excerptContent img { height: 125px; }

Thanks for the help:)

Last edited:
@Jaxel Question, how does the add-on populate {$article.article_icon.data.thumbnailUrl} in EWRporta2_ArticleView template? In this thread it was populated with a relative link to the first attached image but it was also being used as an Open Graph image and Facebook doesn't like relative URL for og:image tag.

hey @Jaxel

in evry styl the Facebook comments will not show .

i see only the button
@Jaxel Question, how does the add-on populate {$article.article_icon.data.thumbnailUrl} in EWRporta2_ArticleView template? In this thread it was populated with a relative link to the first attached image but it was also being used as an Open Graph image and Facebook doesn't like relative URL for og:image tag.
agree this !

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2017-01-22 um 07.44.57.webp
    Bildschirmfoto 2017-01-22 um 07.44.57.webp
    19.1 KB · Views: 11
hey @Jaxel

in evry styl the Facebook comments will not show .

i see only the button

agree this !
this ist agian working after i reupload the last fiels and xml file ...

about this:

can i delete without problems this complete in the Ewrporta2_articleView or only the
Code:
<xen:container var="$head.openGraph">
    <xen:if is="{$article.article_icon.type} == 'attach'">
        <meta property="og:image" content="{$article.article_icon.data.thumbnailUrl}" />
    <xen:elseif is="{$article.article_icon.type} == 'image'" />
        <meta property="og:image" content="{$article.article_icon.data.url}" />
    <xen:elseif is="{$article.article_icon.type} == 'medio'" />
        <meta property="og:image" content="{xen:helper medio, $article.article_icon.data}" />
    </xen:if>

<xen:include template="open_graph_meta">
        <xen:set var="$url">{xen:link 'canonical:threads', $thread}</xen:set>
        <xen:set var="$title">{xen:helper threadPrefix, $thread, escaped}{$thread.title}</xen:set>
        <xen:set var="$description">{xen:helper snippet, $firstPost.message, 155}</xen:set>
        <xen:set var="$avatar">{xen:helper avatar, $thread, m, 0, 1}</xen:set>
    </xen:include></xen:container>

ot this ?
Code:
<meta property="og:image" content="{$article.article_icon.data.thumbnailUrl}" />

I never noticed this issue. It has an easy fix though. This is because the default $externalDataUrl value in the XenForo config.php is 'data'. This naturally, is a relative URL. You can make this an absolute URL simply by adding the following line somewhere in your forum's config.php:
Code:
$config['externalDataUrl'] = 'https://your-forum-url.com/data';
If you use a CDN, you don't have this issue... up until recently I've used a CDN, so I never noticed this.

its enable
Its working for you now?

If you use a CDN, you don't have this issue... up until recently I've used a CDN, so I never noticed this.
witch CDN you use . I don't have CDN
this error i become always when i will share my threads to FB

Its working for you now?
it is working .

After reupload and xml i see the fb comments ...

Top Bottom