[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) PRO

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) PRO [Paid] 1.2.2b

No permission to buy ($40.00)
Then make a layout for the forum list...
I watched all your videos and browsed half this thread looking for the answer and then you go and state the obvious :confused: (face meet palm)

CSS FOR RAWHTML WIDGET - I am trying to create a Raw HTML widget option set containing both HTML and CSS. You could do this Xenporta (as per screen shot below), but Xenporta 2 seems to only have the first dialog box to enter the HTML only, it doesn't have a second dialog box for the CSS code? Am I missing something here or has the way you add CSS to HTML widgets changed in Xenporta 2? Thanks in advance.
View attachment 137643
View attachment 137643

adding the CSS to extra.css should work....

I watched all your videos and browsed half this thread looking for the answer and then you go and state the obvious :confused: (face meet palm)

adding the CSS to extra.css should work....
Was this changed from the original Xenforo, seems like an odd thing to change as was convenient have the dialog boxes for HTML and CSS together rather than having to edit a separate file manually?

CSS FOR RAWHTML WIDGET - I am trying to create a Raw HTML widget option set containing both HTML and CSS. You could do this Xenporta (as per screen shot below), but Xenporta 2 seems to only have the first dialog box to enter the HTML only, it doesn't have a second dialog box for the CSS code? Am I missing something here or has the way you add CSS to HTML widgets changed in Xenporta 2? Thanks in advance.
View attachment 137643
View attachment 137643
I have since discovered that you can only use EXTRA.css for overriding 'existing' templates and there are no longer .css files created for RawHTML widgets in Xenforo 2 liked there was in Xenforo 1? HOw can I add css to RawHTML widget then @Jaxel? TIA

With all due respect that's false. You can use it to over-ride existing CSS with in templates but also create new CSS as well.
No problem, happy to be corrected if I am wrong, maybe I misunderstood a post by Brogan about this. To clarify I am confused with how Xenporta 2 handles raw HTML as it uses a RawHTML widget now as opposed to Xenporta which used simple blocks and adding HTML and CSS directly into the block. Now when I create an option set for a RawHTML widget in Xenporta 2, there is no provision in the content box for the CSS code like in the former version Xenporta 1 so I am trying to add CSS styling to the content of the RawHTML option set. Am I being a numpty and missing something obvious here?

No problem, happy to be corrected if I am wrong, maybe I misunderstood a post by Brogan about this. To clarify I am confused with how Xenporta 2 handles raw HTML as it uses a RawHTML widget now as opposed to Xenporta which used simple blocks and adding HTML and CSS directly into the block. Now when I create an option set for a RawHTML widget in Xenporta 2, there is no provision in the content box for the CSS code like in the former version Xenporta 1 so I am trying to add CSS styling to the content of the RawHTML option set. Am I being a numpty and missing something obvious here?
If you want to use CSS in the RawHTML block, you can edit extra.css as explained previously... OR, you can just add a <style></style> tag to your html and put your CSS in there.

@Jaxel How would I fully remove article view from my installation?

What I am looking at doing is having all articles on the homepage and remove all of the header links to the "full" page for the article.

Can anybody tell me how I can stop the RawHTML widget title and title bar being displayed in a RawHTML option set. The title is displayed by default independent of the HTML content (see below)

Can anybody tell me how I can stop the RawHTML widget title and title bar being displayed in a RawHTML option set. The title is displayed by default independent of the HTML content (see below)

I figured it out. I just needed to disable 'wrapper'. There are a lot if differences to the way Xenporta and Xenporta 2 work which confuses a non-programmer but I am getting there!

Anyone know how to remove the blue navigation bar at the top of the articles list layout page? I believe there was a check box in Xenporta previously to do this is options but cant fing how to remove it in Xenporta2? TIA

Three questions.

#1 :

I have a special category called Sponsors, those articles I have displayed in its own smaller box near the bottom, that is easy only that category.
But I want to take the main default articles list for the front page, and have it display ALL but that ONE special 'sponsors' category.
But I see no way to edit the options for Article List its already there in place for layout, can't move it or change it, just everything else around it.
How can I change it to display all found articles, except for that category. -- BTW, I am not allowing users to filter their categories either, this is total control over everyone.

#2:

How to fix the Facebook widget to get to fixed width, I know its broken, I searched this thread but can't find the answer to fix it.

#3:

Seems the Twitter widget is broken now also, I have no previously created widgets, and now when you login to twitter to create a new widget, it just gives you options and outputs raw html javascript code like this:

Code:
<a class="twitter-timeline" data-width="500" data-height="350" href="https://twitter.com/MaxConsoleTweet">Tweets by MaxConsoleTweet</a> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

There is no SAVE, and no ID anyplace, and the URL is always publish.twitter.com/# it hides if there is any ID, seems Twitter has dropped that system.

Any help with these three issues would be most welcome!

Thanks

-=(G)=-

Jaxel updated [8wayRun.Com] XenPorta 2 (Portal) PRO with a new update entry:

Version 1.2.0 CHANGELOG

• Widgets that have their own callback listeners can now use the XenForo "hint" system.
  • Certain included pre-packaged widgets now use the XenForo hint system, which should improve resource consumption.
  • Small changes to the header tags on article pages that should make articles show up better in Facebook.
  • NEW: Added a "Featured Events" widget for the newest version of...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Three questions.

#1 :

I have a special category called Sponsors, those articles I have displayed in its own smaller box near the bottom, that is easy only that category.
But I want to take the main default articles list for the front page, and have it display ALL but that ONE special 'sponsors' category.
But I see no way to edit the options for Article List its already there in place for layout, can't move it or change it, just everything else around it.
How can I change it to display all found articles, except for that category. -- BTW, I am not allowing users to filter their categories either, this is total control over everyone.

#2:

How to fix the Facebook widget to get to fixed width, I know its broken, I searched this thread but can't find the answer to fix it.

#3:

Seems the Twitter widget is broken now also, I have no previously created widgets, and now when you login to twitter to create a new widget, it just gives you options and outputs raw html javascript code like this:

Code:
<a class="twitter-timeline" data-width="500" data-height="350" href="https://twitter.com/MaxConsoleTweet">Tweets by MaxConsoleTweet</a> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

There is no SAVE, and no ID anyplace, and the URL is always publish.twitter.com/# it hides if there is any ID, seems Twitter has dropped that system.

Any help with these three issues would be most welcome!

Thanks

-=(G)=-

The default articles list is designed to be a portal page that MOST people will want to use. If you want a different portal page, then all you have to do is make one. Make another widget block for all other articles and put that on it's own page. Then make that page your portal.

You can edit the template for the facebook widget and change the width to a fixed value.

Every twitter widget has it's own ID... that ID is in the address bar.

Every twitter widget has it's own ID... that ID is in the address bar.

Twitter seems to have changed, if you previously CREATED and SAVED a Widget, no problem.

If you have NO Widgets on your Twitter, and you click CREATE, it takes you to this new site:

https://publish.twitter.com/#

The address bar always stays at that, and only gives you back RAW HTML code like this:

Code:
<a class="twitter-timeline" data-width="270" data-height="800" href="https://twitter.com/MaxConsoleTweet">Tweets by MaxConsoleTweet</a> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

If I make myself a RAW HTML Widget in Xenporta2 and set the option set it, of course it works.

But it would be nice to use the official Twitter widget itself from you.

Thanks.

Top Bottom