[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) PRO

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) PRO [Paid] 1.2.2b

No permission to buy ($40.00)
So far I am loving Xenporta 2, i got it doing everything I want, except for one thing.

On a article view, if there is NO tags (sub-categories) set for that article, I would like that 'block' to not appear at all, instead of saying 'there is no sub-categories' for this item.

What type of 'IF' statement would i need to add to the template to skip over the block when there is no set subs (tags) for that article, your help in this matter would be most welcome.

Under then that, everything else is perfect, and simple to figure out and edit/style it the way I like, and been working great and one of best paid addons I have used, and wonderful upgrade from v1 which I used for a while also in the past.

I've seen several people request help on changing the meta description for the home page. Jaxel's only response has been to use the template modification system. Has anyone done this? Any additional help would be appreciated.
The TMS is very easy to use, set the template, find the text you want to replace, put in new text.

Which template is responsible for the conclusion of metadata home page?

Any plan to add a Popular articles feature?

Also, would it be possible to modify the random articles widget to display more than 1 articles, and to include a time limit to catch the articles? For example being able to display 4 random articles released from October 2015 to now

Jaxel updated [8wayRun.Com] XenPorta 2 (Portal) PRO with a new update entry:

Version 1.1.6 CHANGELOG

• Since people don't quite understand how EASY it is to use the Template Modification System built into XenForo; I've added a new option to change the Meta Description tag on the portal. If left blank, the meta description will default to your XenForo board meta description. This option is completely pointless, as having duplicate meta descriptions does not harm your search ranking at all; even Google outright admits that it doesn't matter... but because Google Webmaster Tools...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi, first, before I complain, lol, I want to say thanks for a great product and the active development!

Now this really isn't a complaint, more of a notification...

I received two different emails, one for each of my licenses, with notification of the new update. When I click on either of them I get the following:
------------------------
8WAYRUN.TV
Downloads for Order XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Trouble downloading?
Right click the link(s) below and 'Save File As...' or 'Save Target As...' or try a different browser like Firefox, Chrome, or Safari.

Save to Dropbox
  • [8wayRun.Com] XenPorta 2 (Portal) PRO v1.1.6

• File Missing
------------------------

Dropbox link doesn't work either.

One of the best add-ons for XenForo, thanks for sharing!

I have one request: could you add phrases to EWRporta2_infinite.js that I can translate via admincp? I always have to translate it manually after updating XenPorta.

Best regards

Wow neat, just a few posts back, I was asking how to edit the templates so that the sub-category block would NOT appear if there is NONE (no tags), and bang a few days later this new version appears with that as one of the included new features.

Talk about great support. Almost so good, you wish you could BUY it again, just to support the author more for his hard work. - I am going have to think up a cool new domain, grab another xenforo license, and buy this plugin again, and startup a new forum project, once i have some more free time, and this current project design is finished and stable.

Thanks again, and my hats off to you for another smooth new hazzle free upgrade to the latest and greatest.

I'm having a problem that Auto promoted and manually promoted articles do not lineup.. How can I solve this? Top left is a manually promoted, the rest are auto promoted.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-11-14 at 14.23.55.webp
    Screen Shot 2015-11-14 at 14.23.55.webp
    9.3 KB · Views: 10
Top Bottom