[8WR] XenCarta (Wiki) PRO

[8WR] XenCarta (Wiki) PRO [Paid] 1.4.8a

No permission to buy ($30.00)
Hmm yeah, I didn't look far enough into the server logs. I saw EWRCarta and thought it was because of the 1.4.4 update, but looking at the error log, its because of the Post Ratings addon. I removed it and now it works just fine, false alarm :D

I have a few problems.
1. I can not disable cross page linking. Everytime I type a word like Events, Special or Staff it starts linking. I want that disabled.
2. A page that was created called "Special" Can NOT be found, edited or deleted. So I tried to make a new page with same name and it says I can because it is a duplicate. So now I have this mystery page !@#$ing my site up.

Any Ideas?

If the pages were hard saved in a file I could FTP in but NOPE...

On a side note, I tried to force the edit of the page by going to a direct link for the page

http://forum.partyserver.us/index.php?wiki/special/edit

It says page doe snot exist, but its listed on page list... WTF is going on.... I am about to uninstall this software.

Last edited:
I have a few problems.
1. I can not disable cross page linking. Everytime I type a word like Events, Special or Staff it starts linking. I want that disabled.
2. A page that was created called "Special" Can NOT be found, edited or deleted. So I tried to make a new page with same name and it says I can because it is a duplicate. So now I have this mystery page !@#$ing my site up.

Any Ideas?

On a side note, I tried to force the edit of the page by going to a direct link for the page

It says page doe snot exist, but its listed on page list... WTF is going on.... I am about to uninstall this software.

I don't know how you could disable crosspage linking. I myself don't really mind, and if I want to avoid linking to something particular, I just adjust the page title so it won't start cross linking common generic words. As of the special page. That page already excists in the default installation. It is the page that has stuff like 'Longest page, Protected pages, Redirected Pages, ...'. and is actually always located on domain.com/wiki/special/. So you can't create a page called special. It also can't be edited. If you go to http://forum.partyserver.us/index.php?wiki/special/ and you have all the required permissions, it should show you the page.

I have a few problems.

Any Ideas?

1 - Cross-page linking is disabled in the admin CP. However, pages are HEAVILY cached. So you may not see any changes on your pages until caches expire.

2 - The word "special" is a reserved word. You can't create pages using reserved words; the system explicitly stops you from making pages called "special", "archive" or "template". The only way you could have done this is if you made edits to the datawriter. You can delete the page through your MySQL controls.

Hello, I am unable to edit the cross page linking in the Admin pannel. I have superadmin so I have access. I can not find how to edit this app in the panel. I have no options any where to turn that off.

Edit: I was able to enable the comments system.

I was sort of hoping for comments below the wiki information itself. I guess I'll have to use disqus or something like that to achieve what I was looking for.

Last edited:
Hello, I am unable to edit the cross page linking in the Admin pannel. I have superadmin so I have access. I can not find how to edit this app in the panel. I have no options any where to turn that off.
The option is for auto-linking.

Cam we have a way to hide the wiki link in the Menu? I don't want it showing whilst i am working on building the wiki.

There was instructions here in a few posts about adding some information to the Extra.css but this doesn't work. The menu disappears for about a second, then appears again.

Cam we have a way to hide the wiki link in the Menu? I don't want it showing whilst i am working on building the wiki.

There was instructions here in a few posts about adding some information to the Extra.css but this doesn't work. The menu disappears for about a second, then appears again.
Code:
.navTabs.wiki { display: none !important; }

A lot of people ask for this option. Unfortunately, there isn't a reliable way to remove navtabs in XenForo; because that also removes sub-navs... which I'm sure you definitely want to keep when you are on the wiki itself.

Thank you for the quick reply. I tried that code but it doesn't seem to want to work either.

I don't mind if it removes sub navs too, as i can just bookmark those links before removing it all.

I just want the whole menu gone, until i have finished building the wiki, otherwise members will be going there, or pestering me about it.

Once i have it started and setup as i want, i'll under the changes i made to remove the menu :)

@Jaxel

Very intertested in purchasing this add-on. One question though, will it allow me to easily create a wiki like this one? http://airportcity.wikia.com/wiki/Astronaut_Outfit

Basically where all items are linked together? Im guessing thats what the "Automatic cross page linking" is?

EG - If I create a page about an item called "Item Three" - If I then mention "Item Three" on another page, will it automatically link to it?

If that is the case, does it also work backwords?

So I create a page called "Collect" mentioning Item One and Item Two - however there isnt a page for those items yet. If I then create a page for each of Item One and Item Two - Will the page "Collect" automatically link to them?

Hope that makes sense!

Automatic Cross Page Linking is exactly what you stated... and it does work backwards.

However, this system is heavily cached, and when you create a new page, it will take until the existing cache expires before the backwards links will be created. Caches automatically expire after a set number of days (I have it set to 7 days on my forum); or immediately when the page is edited.

Automatic Cross Page Linking is exactly what you stated... and it does work backwards.

However, this system is heavily cached, and when you create a new page, it will take until the existing cache expires before the backwards links will be created. Caches automatically expire after a set number of days (I have it set to 7 days on my forum); or immediately when the page is edited.

Ah thats brilliant news, thank you!

Is there a cron or some other kind of way I would be able to clear the cache to see results sooner?

@Jaxel

One last question.

Do you envisage updating this and supporting in when XF2 is released? Or even creating a new wiki for XF2 which will have an option to import old data from the XF1 wiki?

I dont want to spend many hours creating the wiki only to find support dropped when XF2 comes out.

@Jaxel

One last question.

Do you envisage updating this and supporting in when XF2 is released? Or even creating a new wiki for XF2 which will have an option to import old data from the XF1 wiki?

I dont want to spend many hours creating the wiki only to find support dropped when XF2 comes out.
I cant really comment on that. As I dont know how different XF2 will be from XF1.

Last edited:
I saw a cool feature on a vBulletin forum elsewhere. Specific key words in posts are automatically linked to articles explaining the definitions of those words in their Wiki.
Is there an option in this addon to auto link specific words in posts to the Wiki?

I am on 1.4.3 and it does not allow me to do a PHP wiki page. Only options are BB and HTML. Do I need to upgrade to 1.4.4 to do PHP?

Top Bottom