- Compatible XF 1.x versions
- Additional requirements
- OpenSSL (HTTPS), OpenXBL Application Key
- Visible branding
OpenXBL is a free to use Xbox Live API and includes friendly documentation, tutorial videos, and sample projects to get you started. What started as an example project to show the power of OpenXBL turned into a mature XenForo Add-on. With premium-like features and clean GitHub documentation anyone can get started regardless of programming knowledge.
This add-on will allow your users to associate an Xbox Live account to their profile and/or "Log in with Xbox Live."
Be A Community
With the Xbox Live Showcase and Hub your users can share game clips and screenshots directly from your website. No need for extra steps and no strings attached.
Users can view their friends list, send Xbox Live messages, and view profile information.
It's XenForo After All
- Reward users with a custom trophy
- Go to /admin.php?trophies > Award This Trophy If... > Privileges and Status
- Extensive User/Group Permissions
- Widget Framework (show the hub)
- TaigaChat (announce user sharing Xbox DVR)
Join me on Discord with this invite - https://discord.gg/x6kk8M2
What You'll Need
- OpenSSL or similar (need HTTPS)
- OpenXBL Application Key (free, requires an Xbox profile)
- Upload contents of 'upload' folder to XenForo root
- Go to your XBL.IO profile and set up the 'Xbox App' in your profile.
- Inside the XenForo settings for OpenXBL put your Application Key in.
- Home > Options > OpenXBL
This is just a beta and is an early release so it only supports single sign on for now. It is open source so you can start changing that if you'd like. If not, I will be working on rolling out future updates which include:
Is visible but you can remove it if you want (open source) so no I won't be offended.
I am the sole developer of this add-on and I also own OpenXBL. All resources are free to use and requires no payment information. You just simplify need an account so this add-on works properly. I do not work for and I am not endorsed by Microsoft, Xbox, or any of its subsidiaries. Everything is kept organized in the GitHub repository.
Please feel free to contribute, comment, or ask for help.