A branding removal license and instructions on how to remove the brands quick and easily can be purchased HERE for $50. Each branding removal license is good for ONE forum only! If you appreciate the work here, please DONATE.
- Updates Duration:
- Visible Branding:
- Yes, but removable with payment
XenPorta 2 is an article system with a widget framework; one that most people will probably use as a portal. Using XenPorta 2, you can more easily promote valued content on your forums, as well as manage fully modular widgets around your website.
It's taken me quite a bit to get this addon out; and for that, I sincerely apologize. I want to thank everybody who supported the crowd-fund; but most importantly, I want to thank the following people:
- Shane DeRidder
- Sunlab GmbH
- Paul Buonopane
- Ability to promote content from your forums into "articles".
- Ability to promote content from your forums into a feature slider.
- Articles can be promoted in the "future"; then will only appear when the time has passed.
- Auto-promote threads based on their parent forum.
- Promotions can have unique content from the thread itself.
- Promotions can have thumbnails sourced from various attachments.
- User alerts for when threads get promoted into articles.
- Articles index featuring paginated articles and features.
- Articles index supports Desandro's Masonry for multi-column layouts.
- Articles index supports Paul Irish's Infinite Scroll for endless pages.
- Articles index can have it's own forced skin.
- Articles index has it's own "Home" navigation menu.
- Special article view to look like news content, instead of a thread.
- Articles can be categorized and tagged with custom keywords.
- Author byline system with extended author information.
- Categories, Tags and Authors have their own articles list page.
- Users can "exclude" categories that may not interest them from the articles index.
- Each category and tag can have their own forced skin.
- Users can re-arrange the articles index with preset widgets to more personalize their portal.
- Support for local, Disqus and Facebook comments.
- Support for various social media icons through "Add-This".
- RSS feeds for the index, categories, tags and authors.
- Widget framework can be extended into ANY view within XenForo.
- Layout system has built in hierarchy based on priorities.
- Widget "duplication" is possible with custom option sets.
- Widgets are very easy to create using built in XenForo interfaces.
- Over 30 included widgets.
- Affiliate Links
- Articles (Main) - the article list
- Articles Random - a random article within the past X days
- Articles Simple - a simple inline article list
- Attachment Slider
- Author Related - displays the current linked author (article view and author view pages)
- Countdown Timer
- Facebook Like Box
- Features (Main) - the feature slider
- Forum Statistics
- Google Adsense
- Keywords (Categories) - a list of categories and the number of articles belonging to it
- Keywords (Tags) - a tag cloud
- League Rotation - displays the currently free champions in League of Legends
- Live Feed (by Milano) - Live Feed
- Poll Block
- Raw HTML - an empty block where you can use HTML
- Resources Featured - XenForo Resource Manager
- Resources Top - XenForo Resource Manager
- Share Page
- Status Updates - for XF1.4+
- Status Updates (Legacy) - for XF1.3
- Tag Cloud
- TaigaChat (by Luke Foreman) - TaigaChat Pro - Realtime chat/shoutbox
- TaigaOnline - shows members currently in chatroom
- TeamSpeak3 Server - displays a TS3 status widget
- Threads Recent
- Threads Tabbed
- Today's Birthdays
- Today's Top Posters
- Twitter Timeline
- Users Active today
- Users Online
- XenAtendo: Upcoming Events
- XenAtendo2: Upcoming Events
- XenCarta: Navigation
- XenMedio: Cloud
- XenMedio: Recent Media
- XenRio: Live Streams
- XenTorneo: Rankings
Upgrading from XenPorta 1:
- upload the contents of the attached zip to your XF root
- install from file on server: "library/EWRporta2/addon-EWRporta2.xml"
- set options for the portal in administration control panel
- set usergroup permissions for administration rights
- DO NOT uninstall XenPorta 1, if you do, you will lose all your manually promoted articles and categories. I recommend you simply disable XP1 instead.
- An importer has been included in order to import your XP1 database into XP2. This importer is available in the "Tools > Import External Data" menu of your admin control panel.
- Import XenPorta Categories
- Categories will be imported between major/minor into categories/tags.
- Import XenPorta Promotions
- This step will import all your MANUALLY promoted articles from XP1. It will import using the "Default Article Settings" option in XP2 options... so be sure to set these up to how you wish to use them before you run this import step.
- Import Auto-Promoted Threads
- This step will import all your AUTOMATIC promoted articles from XP1. Before you run the importer, you should go into your XP2 options and change the "Auto-Promote Forums" setting to match your auto-promote forums setting from XP1. Even if you don't plan on using the auto-promote feature anymore, you still need to do this so that the importer knows which forums to promote threads from. You can change the setting back once you are done with your imports.
- Import XenPorta Catlinks
- Links between categories and articles will be imported here.
- After all 4 steps, XenForo will ask you to "finalize import". I DO NOT recommend running this step as it is pointless. This step will rebuild all the caches on your forum, which could take an extremely long time; but this importer does not do anything that would affect those caches.
- Can Administrate Portal
- Required to change anything in the admin cp.
- Can manage author profiles.
- Can Moderate Portal
- Can manage an articles categories.
- Can manage an articles tags.
- Can Promote Articles
- Can manage promotions for an article/feature.
- Can Tag Articles
- Can add pre-existing tags to an article
- Can Create Tags
- Can create new tags if they don't already exist.
- Can Filter Categories
- Can filter out categories they are not interested in.
- Can Arrange Widgets
- Can re-arrange the widgets on the article index.
- Can hide the feature slider on the article index.
[8WR] XenPorta 2 (Portal) PRO 1.2.1
Article System and Widget Framework all-in-one!
I had just upgraded from vBulletin 4 to XenForo and needed something to replace the vBulletin 4 CMS. XenPorta2 was perfect for this. All I wanted was the ability to give XenForo a front page which could show some news / recent events on it, along with recent forum posts from various different categories.
I found this very easy to achieve with XenPorta, Jaxel was very helpful in providing answers to my newbie questions when making a few customisations.
I am using this addon Xenporta 2 already on 2 of my sites since 9 months. For 3 additional sites I was first hesitating because there is another addon out there which has just recently added the portal features to its abilities. But after comparing both addons with each other, I decided to get also for my other 3 sites Xenporta 2. Why?
1. Xenporta 2 offers widgets implementation. Important for me to stay flexible in the future (advertisement etc.)
2. Xenporta looks more elegant in layout, more polished. This is important if you want to replace Wordpress or Joomla with it.
3. It works with the addon "scheduled content". With this combination, you have a real replecement of Wordpress and Joomla. See here: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/schedule-content-original-scheduled-post.2216/
4. It is cheaper than the competition. Cheaper price in USD and no renewal fee. If you run more than one site and have more than one payed addon on each site, this is an important factor.
To sum it up, I think that Xenporta 2 is at the moment the only addon that is focussing exactly on my needs without unnecessary clutter. Not more, not less.
It replaces Wordpress and Joomla for me. This is the only thing I expect and want to have from it.
And it does this very easy, very nice looking and very reliable. I hope it keeps this focus and only adds features which go even deeper with the intention to be the best replacement of Wordpress and Joomla without loosing its core strenghts. So please do not get distracted! Keep Focus, Focus, Focus. Also for the next version of Xenforo 2.x
I purchased this add on to give my forum a portal like many others, as it seems the best Xenforo solution at the moment without resorting to bridges to other CMS software.
I am a user of the orignal Xenporta 1.0 as a free add on, and my first impressions are that this paid 2.0 version more than justifys the price tag.
The orignal add on worked fairly smoothly with Xf, but this version intergrates even better and feels to be much more polished and like I would imagine KAM would have made a portal for XF if they did one.
I was a little confused at first by some of the way some features are named and the way they worked didn't seem that intuative at first, but after a bit of trial and error, understanding dawned and I was able to work with it. (Perhaps I was just used to other CMS systems?)
I have seen a fair few other reviews saying that Jaxel's support is poor, but I can't confirm or deny that, as I was able to get the portal working exactily as I wanted it with a combanation of reading the FAQs on the prpduct, searching the resource discussion and googling stuff, so I never had to ask for any support directly.
Overall, it gets a thumbs up from me and 5 stars as it does just what I wanted and I have encountered no errors or stumbling blocks, and I think the asking price is justified.
While XenPorta does offer some much needed features, they are poorly executed. After just a few usability trials, we ran into multiple cosmetic and severe issues. We had to manually adjust, insert and cut out code to overcome most of these issues, but we continue to run our heads into the underlying code, which looks like it was designed by a toddler. For the price of $40, this product narrowly escapes a 1-star review.
A fantastic addition to my website and more importantly, the support is outstanding... If you cant get answers to your problems quickly, then whats the point.... The Dev stands by his product, has great tutorial videos and quick and concise in helping troubleshoot problems... Kudos!
One of the best add-ons of all times! Its gives that unique edge to my website, which differentiates it from loads of similar looking websites! Once you get the hang of thing, its incredibly flexible! Thank you for all the timely support and pains taken to maintain this Gem! Five starts all the way! Worth every penny! :) However, i do think, if it were priced around &25-$30, it will sell **** loads! All the best!