Compatible XF 2.x versions
  1. 2.0
  2. 2.1
  3. 2.2
Additional requirements
exec, mysqldump, and tar
Visible branding
No
Back by popular demand, is my backup system. I wasn't planning on releasing this one, but a lot of people asked me for it, since there weren't any other solutions for XF2. This addon will run a scheduled backup of your XenForo database.

Before you buy this addon however, you must be aware of a few requirements. This addon uses PHP's exec command to run MySQL's mysqldump command. If you're running off a shared hosting service, you may not have access to these powerful tools and be unable to use this addon.

Basic Features:
  • Automated XenForo database and file structure backup.
  • Ability to close forums during the backups process.
  • Define mysqldump and tar custom option flags.
  • Separate backups into multiple files or a single package.
  • Compress backups using Gzip, Bzip2 or Xz.
  • Upload backups directly to Amazon S3, BackBlaze or Dropbox.
  • Backup history and logs viewable from the Admin CP.
Installation:
Author
Jaxel
Views
First release
Last update

Ratings

4.08 star(s) 12 ratings

More resources from Jaxel

Latest updates

1. 2.1.0.8 - CHANGELOG

Dropbox: Updated integration to support their new OAuth refresh tokens. Dropbox is getting rid...
  2. 2.1.0.7 - CHANGELOG

FTP Backup now has an SSL option. Requires the ftp_ssl_connect function. Fixed missing phrases.
  3. 2.1.0.6 - CHANGELOG

Remote backup options have been redone so you can now upload to multiple different backup...

Latest reviews

Excellent add-on with backup to external cloud services. Jaxel is quick on support :) Many thanks...
Worth many times the price. Saves Xenforo files too. Options for compression and cloud storage work great.
Many thanks for this add-on, it saves me a lot of time with automated creations of backups and now I can be calmer.
I specifically purchased this add-on to create backups to Dropbox, which this plugin does not do. At least for Xenforo 2.0 (not sure about the 2.1 version of the plugin)

This was not stated anywhere in the listing. My only options are local, FTP, or Amazon S3.

Only workaround is to create them locally and then upload them to my Dropbox...not really what I was looking for but as a backup creation tool it does work. 2/5 because it does not do what it advertised and what I purchased it for.
Jaxel
Jaxel
Dropbox was added in 2.1.0.2... this is kind of an unfair review.
This is perfect! It not only backs up my entire SQL database but also my entire installation and structure. This is a must have for any community that needs to have a safe backup away from your server. I highly recommend it to everyone. A++
I am using this product since it came out a year ago. It works perfectly for my usecase and I rely on this everyday. Works great, I never had any issues with it. Thank you.
Thanks for providing excellent customer service. Had issues jaxal listened and worked with me right away. Top notch service!
very bad plugin not working how it have to be and there is no support at all , no one answer , it is SCAM stay away from it
Jaxel
Jaxel
This is one of those guys who purchases a product, and then immediately files as PayPal chargeback claiming lack of delivery. I can look at the logs and see how downloaded the product. These kinds of people literally cost me money to deal with... then he has the gall to ask for support.
This works fine.. we scheduled our backup every 2 in the morning.. easy to use and to configure. thanks..
1. It does not work as advertised.

2. The seller does not appear to provide support. In fact, he appears to have abandoned the add-on, although he's still taking money for it.

I cannot recommend this add-on or this coder to anyone.
Top Bottom