XF2 [8WR] Database Backup

XF2 [8WR] Database Backup 2.0.0.5

No permission to buy ($10.00)
Compatible XF 2.x versions
Additional requirements
exec, mysqldump, and tar
Back by popular demand, is my backup system. I wasn't planning on releasing this one, but a lot of people asked me for it, since there weren't any other solutions for XF2. This addon will run a scheduled backup of your XenForo database.

Before you buy this addon however, you must be aware of a few requirements. This addon uses PHP's exec command to run MySQL's mysqldump command. If you're running off a shared hosting service, you may not have access to these powerful tools and be unable to use this addon.

Basic Features:
  • Automated XenForo database and file structure backup.
  • Ability to close forums during the backups process.
  • Define mysqldump and tar custom option flags.
  • Separate backups into multiple files or a single package.
  • Compress backups using Gzip, Bzip2 or Xz.
  • Backup history and logs viewable from the Admin CP.
Installation:

1.png 2.png 3.png 4.png 5.png 6.png 7.png
Author
Jaxel
First release
Last update
Rating
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings

More resources from Jaxel

Latest updates

1. 2.0.0.5 - CHANGELOG

Public service announcement from XenForo...
  2. 2.0.0.4 - CHANGELOG

Added the ability to send remote backups directly to Amazon S3. All files are now backed up...
  3. 2.0.0.3 - CHANGELOG

Added an option to automatically delete older backups based on a numerical retention limit...

Latest reviews

I wish I would have found this add-on by Jaxel sooner. This is perfect! It not only backs up our entire SQL database but also our entire XF installation and structure. This is a mus have for any community that needs to have a safe backup and believe me just a few months ago I was stuck with an error and my hosts inability to restore our database - so this would have saved me a ton of stress. So happy Jaxel decided to share this add-on with the community and I highly recommend it to everyone. Not only can you save your backups to your host but you can also save copies to an outside FTP or Amazon cloud servers. A+
Many thanks for this great add on. It works great and very easy to configure. No need to worry about auto backup anymore.