• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

xPortal

Status
Not open for further replies.
UPDATE: new feature preview, content pages
test-page.webp

Another new addition is a splash page for xPortal, currently the graphics are not the best but once I receive my PenPad I ordered, images will improve.
xportal-admin.webp

I am working on getting the page links to appear with the Home tab so that they make sense to be placed there. I should have a new release tonight which will mark the last release before stable is determined and work on xPortal Pro begins.

What's the difference between the "normal" xenforo pages and the portal pages?

To manage xenforo pages you have to do it through the node list, while mine is done using a straight way through a content page back end. Another thing is that with xenforo pages they are not automatically added to any place such as under a tab or navigation area, instead you have to add that yourself where my portal adds the links to a navigation menu and I am working on having them added to the Home tab navigation bar. I may include a location option so admins can determine which links go to the home tab bar and which ones go to the navigation block.

As said before, xPortal is growing slowly, but in the long run the portal page feature will have more uses.

Steve, I did the same thing you do are doing...

I created my portal... then I started doing content pages... then I realized that it was just too confusing to consider the portal a "CMS"... So I ended up just forking the two... and the content pages are now XenCarta.

Jaxel, you took it a step further with XenCarta which is awesome, you did a Wiki, unfortunately I know crap about wiki so I may find a way to expand on my current content feature.

Hey Steve,
After installing xPortal i'm getting 2 Home Tabs on my forum.

here is the screenshot.
mjuvd3.jpg

Could you please tell me what to do?

thanks now its done....

i think there is problem with xPortal.
After uninstalling the Add-on, i tried to reinstall n got some error...
Kindly i don't remember.... Since i had just created my forum i deleted & recreated.

thanks now its done....

Kindly i don't remember.... Since i had just created my forum i deleted & recreated.
If you could uninstall and reinstall then give me the error that would be great and helpful.

thanks now its done....

The error is created when you uninstall and it doesn't remove the tables from the database. You will have to login to your phpMyAdmin to remove those tables then reinstall.

UPDATE: 2.0 RC will be released tomorrow afternoon. This will include the CMS, events, and default features of 1.0. I will begin releasing upgrade packages separate from the full version starting with 1.0 Lite allowing easier upgrading. No further updates will happen after 1.0 Lite until xPortal Pro has been released.

Thanks for testing that error...
I hope the new version won't be having any sort of those errors till then i'll wait for the new version & won't be installing current available version.

Thanks for testing that error...
I hope the new version won't be having any sort of those errors till then i'll wait for the new version & won't be installing current available version.
That is fine, I will have an upgrade package to go along with it so you can just run the upgrade package instead. Is 1.0 RC the current version your running?

You have some errors

1. xPortal/DW/Blocks is named as xPortal_DataWriter_Block (and it's not used anywhere)
2. xPortal_DataWriter_Blocks & xPortal_DataWriter_Block have an error

PHP:
    protected function _postDelete()
    {

$model = $this->getModelFromCache('xPortal_Model_Blocks');

$deletedId = $this->_existingData['xportal_block']['temp_id'];
        if ($model->hasData($deletedId))
        {
            $dw->delete();
        }
    }

why $dw ??? ;)

Yes i used 1.0 RC for 1st when i installed but after that error i haven't installed.

so 2.0 RC has released or not?
After visiting your xenDirectory it seems you are going to make it Paid Mod.

2.0 RC should be released end of this week.

Erosenn, xPortal Free 1.0 will be the free version that doesn't have certain features that xPortal Pro 1.0 will have. The reason for Free and Pro versions is that I'm putting a lot of work into xPortal Pro that I just can't release the addon for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom