• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

xPortal

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is expected, uninstall xportal through the admin area, if that fails you'll have to drop all tables through your MySQL that start with xportal_ then reinstall.

That's what I thought, but did not check the database before hand. It installed fine after I deleted the xportal database entries, but make my forum return a blank page Steve. When I disable it, my forum shows up fine. No errors give with debug mode off!

Deleted 3 xportal mysql entries.

Installed ok.

Cant access forum.

Fatal error: Class 'GeekPoint_CustomIndex_Helper' not found in C:\Users\Seb\Desktop\Dev\htdocs\community\library\xPortal\Listeners.php on line 17

yep same error here unless you delete that line than it works but it doesn't go to portal automatic of course I've never been able to do that.

listeners-error.webp

Deleted 3 xportal mysql entries.

Installed ok.

Cant access forum.

Fatal error: Class 'GeekPoint_CustomIndex_Helper' not found inC:\Users\Seb\Desktop\Dev\htdocs\community\library\xPortal\Listeners.phpon line17
I got the same error.

I found the problem, I forgot to build my own custom index files so I'm working on that and should have it all done within the hour.

Alright I have updated the package on the first post. Please re-download and upload all files overwriting all files.

Alright I have updated the package on the first post. Please re-download and upload all files overwriting all files.

Installed fine now. But I have a few questions.. How can you edit the navigation and news block? Currently there is no option for that in the xPortal admin tab. The news block is pulling information from I don't know where and when you click on read more i directs me to a place that does not exist. All I can currently do with the blocks is rename and move it along with setting the template.

Thanks!

Installed fine now. But I have a few questions.. How can you edit the navigation and news block? Currently there is no option for that in the xPortal admin tab. The news block is pulling information from I don't know where and when you click on read more i directs me to a place that does not exist. All I can currently do with the blocks is rename and move it along with setting the template.

Thanks!
Navigation links are currently in the template 'xportal_nav' but in RC 1.1 navigation will be held in the database. News block you have to choose a forum from the xPortal options for your current news and archive forum. Right now I have no intentions of changing that unless someone has a better idea for it then I will possibly implement the idea.

Also the renaming is done through each template as I ran into problems getting the name being pulled from the database so RC 1.1 will feature block titles being pulled from the database instead of being in the template.

Navigation links are currently in the template 'xportal_nav' but in RC 1.1 navigation will be held in the database. News block you have to choose a forum from the xPortal options for your current news and archive forum. Right now I have no intentions of changing that unless someone has a better idea for it then I will possibly implement the idea.

Also the renaming is done through each template as I ran into problems getting the name being pulled from the database so RC 1.1 will feature block titles being pulled from the database instead of being in the template.

I've seen that, but in the option it only has a field to select the news archive forum, so I'm assuming it's suppose to be for the news block as well.

The options:
xportal.webp

News Block(I'm not sure where it's pulling that information from, since that is not the lastest thread in the forum I set for news):
news-block.webp

When I click on the "View More"link I get:
error.webp

I also forgot to say that when I tick the turn of/disable xportal in the xportal options it doesn't disable it. What about that welcome template, Is it working yet? Cause It does not appear.

Thanks!

You know what, knew I forgot something. If the forum isn't selected then it will give that Latest News block empty and clicking will always give an error because you have no forum selected but looking at your xPortal options, can't see why you don't have the forum option.

Did you completely uninstall or at least install the xportal-addon.xml file overwrite enabled?

UPDATE: I'm working on 2 new things for RC 2.0, first is a calendar add-on that will be a block, events block with only admin able to add/delete/edit events.

UPDATE 2: Calendar block is just a basic java calendar that will get spiffy as releases come along. The events block is up and working. I am now adding the new pages to the admin area as well as the page feature.

UPDATE 2: Calendar block is just a basic java calendar that will get spiffy as releases come along. The events block is up and working. I am now adding the new pages to the admin area as well as the page feature.
I hope you mean javascript...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom