• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

xPortal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cupara

xPortal is a full portal system for your XenForo install. This has a few good features to start but as this is beta and not a stable release some features may not work correctly or at all. In the process of fixing all bugs and adding new features this portal system is expected to become a big project.

Please report any and all bugs in this thread. My forum is not ready to handle bug reports and as this project will become big I have no plans to continue support in this thread. The support for this project will remain in this thread until 01/2010

NOTE: If upgrading please download the xPortal Upgrade 1.0 RC to Full 1.0 zip file and upload all files and use the upgrade feature instead.

Features:
  • Various pre-installed blocks
  • Ability to control what forums these blocks pull data from
  • Custom welcome message handled through a phrase that is just one line
  • No separate login form on the main portal page
  • Creation of new blocks
  • Deleting current blocks
  • Moving blocks
  • Admin control of blocks
Features there but not working
  • Fully Phrased
Live Demo: XenForo Demo Board (Username: Demo / Password: demo)
Installation: Installation Instructions

Full 1.0 (8/11)
  • Added Events
  • Added Calendar block
  • Create upgrade package
  • Added CMS
  • Dropped old pages table
  • Added new page table
RC 1.0 HF (7/11)
  • Included proper custom index files
  • Fixed install error
RC 1.0 (6/11)
  • Added custom block creation or addition
  • Removed external modification need
  • Added admin pages
Beta 0.1 (12/10)
  • Initial release

Attachments

The ControllerAdmin folder contains files for xenLetter. I assume this is not what you want? :p

Thank you, but replace a homepage ? (root server and no "../forum/portal/")

Edit error install:
call_user_func(xPortal_Db::installCode) [function.call-user-func]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback
  1. [*]XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
    [*]call_user_func() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 204
    [*]XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 159
    [*]XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 180
    [*]XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstall() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 303
    [*]XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
    [*]XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/xxxxxxxxxx/public_html/forum/admin.php at line 13

dont work for me
Server Error

call_user_func(xPortal_Db::installCode) [function.call-user-func]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback
[*]XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
[*]XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 159
[*]XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 180
[*]XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstall() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 303
[*]XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
[*]XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/xxxxxxxxxx/public_html/forum/admin.php at line 13

I tried installing and got the error: A server error occurred. Please try again later. I first I figured it was my server. Now I'm starting to think it's not, because I can install other add-ons just fine.

Looks like some naming was wrong in the XML file. To hopefully fix that installation error, open up addon_xportal.xml and replace both instances of "xPortal_Db" with "xPortal_Install"

The ControllerAdmin folder contains files for xenLetter. I assume this is not what you want? :p
Yeah I mixed my xenLetter in by accident. I'll fix that in a bit.

thanks good job
Thanks

Thank you, but replace a homepage ? (root server and no "../forum/portal/")

Edit error install:
Not feasible at this time due to how XenForo handles addons. Thanks for the error, think I know what the problem is.

thanks for making this
Your welcome

dont work for me
Server Error

[*]XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
Doesn't work for a lot but working on a fix.

Looks like some naming was wrong in the XML file. To hopefully fix that installation error, open up addon_xportal.xml and replace both instances of "xPortal_Db" with "xPortal_Install"
That shouldn't be the issue as I have everything proper, I think its an issue with using variables.

That shouldn't be the issue as I have everything proper, I think its an issue with using variables.
I missed a step in that post, the class in xPortal/Install.php also needs to be renamed to xPortal_Install. Either that, or the file needs to be renamed to Db.php. Classes and file names need to be equivalent.

I missed a step in that post, the class in xPortal/Install.php also needs to be renamed to xPortal_Install. Either that, or the file needs to be renamed to Db.php. Classes and file names need to be equivalent.

Yeah your right, I don't know what I was thinking when I did that file. Sorry about that.

Installed, all went fine. Filled out all the options under xPortal for the forums etc.

Tried to access the site, get error "An unexpected exception occurred." Went back to the ACP, tried selecting the xportal menu option along the top, get "Error. The requested page could not be found". Checked server logs and had the following message:

"Missing argument 3 for xPortal_NavTab::portTabs() library/xPortal/NavTab.php:4"

Uploaded the latest version of the Portal.

Hi,

Getting 500 internal server error. Disabled all other add-ons but still get the same error

After I installed, I got the "An Unexpected Error Occured" error. Unistalled and it disappeared.

Server Log:

Missing argument 3 for xPortal_NavTab::portTabs()

Code:
#0 /var/www/vhosts/domain.name/xf/library/xPortal/NavTab.php(4): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(Array, 'forums')
#1 [internal function]: xPortal_NavTab::portTabs(Array, Array)
#2 /var/www/vhosts/domain.name/xf/library/XenForo/CodeEvent.php(54): call_user_func_array('navigation_tabs', Array)
#3 /var/www/vhosts/domain.name/xf/library/XenForo/Dependencies/Public.php(400): XenForo_CodeEvent::fire('forums')
#4 /var/www/vhosts/domain.name/xf/library/XenForo/Dependencies/Public.php(274): XenForo_Dependencies_Public->_getNavigationContainerParams(Array, Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http))
#5 /var/www/vhosts/domain.name/xf/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(556): XenForo_Dependencies_Public->getEffectiveContainerParams(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic), Array)
#6 /var/www/vhosts/domain.name/xf/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(156): XenForo_FrontController->renderView()
#7 /var/www/vhosts/domain.name/xf/index.php(15): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#8 {main}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom