• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

xPortal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats a lot of modification, It has gotten very late here, maybe I try early in the day. I'll keep watching this thread.

Its a good mod.
For latest post, latest thread, if it can include multiple forums is better.
For article forum, if there is an article template for the article forum, so the article looks like article.
Thanks.

I don't blame you

Awesome stuff mate, now that I've sobered up I did the template edits and it's working very nicely indeedy. The only problem remaining atm is the xPortal link in the AdminCP still isn't working, am still getting the page requested cannot be found error.

Also I've noticed the latest posts box isn't parsing bbcode, although that may be because we can't set the option??

Thats a lot of modification, It has gotten very late here, maybe I try early in the day. I'll keep watching this thread.
It is but I am working on the next beta release which I am hoping to be released by the end of next week. It will eliminate the need to modify any files.

The URL in the Tab is /xportal.
Mine only works with http://xxxx.com/index.php?xportal/
Yeah that is a touchy thing. Not sure why it works both ways for me and not for you.

Steve M,

THANKS and GREAT job man works PERFECTLY!! Keep up the good work man!
Thanks

Its a good mod.
For latest post, latest thread, if it can include multiple forums is better.
For article forum, if there is an article template for the article forum, so the article looks like article.
Thanks.
Multiple forums is being worked on as we speak. The article forum idea is not bad, the only problem is it will require a few changes to templates to make it work but nothing major. Look for it in the next release.

Is it normal that I have this error when I click on the tab XPortal in acp
View attachment 6851
Yep, in my initial post I stated that the xPortal acp won't work right now as it exists but no features have been programmed into it.

Awesome stuff mate, now that I've sobered up I did the template edits and it's working very nicely indeedy. The only problem remaining atm is the xPortal link in the AdminCP still isn't working, am still getting the page requested cannot be found error.
Awesome, as mentioned above the error is just there as I have created no pages for it. I will be doing that for the next release.

Also I've noticed the latest posts box isn't parsing bbcode, although that may be because we can't set the option??
I have not included bbcode into it, I will see about doing that for the next release.

I wish to thank everyone for their suggestions and feedback. You are making me very happy with the results and very pleased to be releasing add-ons for XenForo. If anyone wishes, they can find a donation link in my initial release post.

Steve it's us that should be thanking you man, your mod is exactly what I was looking for, and looking forward to your future releases of this mod.

On another note if you'd like an 'alternative' site to test your mod on I can give you admin to our dev site, it's nothing flash but if you would like to let me know :).

Your latestposts box ignores the user permissions and grabs the posts from every forumcategory :(
PHP:
       $lPosts = $this->limitQueryResults('
            SELECT post.*, thread.*
            FROM xf_post AS post
            LEFT JOIN xf_thread AS thread ON (thread.thread_id = post.thread_id)
            WHERE message_state = "visible"
            ORDER BY post.post_date
        ', 5);

edit:
same problem with popularthreads

Steve it's us that should be thanking you man, your mod is exactly what I was looking for, and looking forward to your future releases of this mod.

On another note if you'd like an 'alternative' site to test your mod on I can give you admin to our dev site, it's nothing flash but if you would like to let me know :).
Thanks for the offer, I have a localhost dev site, my site, and a third site on a completely different host. Allows for testing across multiple platforms.

Your latestposts box ignores the user permissions and grabs the posts from every forumcategory :(
PHP:
       $lPosts = $this->limitQueryResults('
            SELECT post.*, thread.*
            FROM xf_post AS post
            LEFT JOIN xf_thread AS thread ON (thread.thread_id = post.thread_id)
            WHERE message_state = "visible"
            ORDER BY post.post_date
        ', 5);

edit:
same problem with popularthreads

Yeah I figured I missed that. I'll have in the next release. Sorry about that Ragtek, look for it in the next release, I swear this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom