XFtoWP - XenForo to WordPress integration

XFtoWP - XenForo to WordPress integration [Paid] 1.5.5

No permission to buy ($79.00)
xenforo logs me into WP, and WP logs me into XF, 100% seamless for the end user (how it should be).
For best user syncing results with this plugin I recommend doing these things from the WP side:
  1. Users login
  2. Users register
  3. Edit email address
  4. Edit password
If you use a WP membership or ecommerce plugin you most likely rely on these pages already. On the XF side a couple of small template edits (ex: changing the "Login" and "Register" links in the menu) and the Disable email and password addon and you can create a pretty tightly-synced user flow.

Luckily there's already a setting to login & redirect users to XF:

Screen Shot 2021-10-21 at 1.28.57 PM.webp

I'd like to get a "Login to WordPress" addon developed but that isn't what's coming in XFtoWP 1.3. :)

Hi, there is a possibility for WP and Xenforo to have only one register page? Can it be when people register on the Xenforo forum website, it is also automatically registered on WP?

Hi, there is a possibility for WP and Xenforo to have only one register page? Can it be when people register on the Xenforo forum website, it is also automatically registered on WP?
This plugins currently offers full user syncing if users register accounts from WordPress, so the other way around.

Mangini updated XFtoWP - XenForo to WordPress Integration with a new update entry:

XFtoWP 1.3 - Custom user fields, Autorefresh, Forum stats widget, and more!

Visit XFtoWP.com to see new screenshots and download XFtoWP 1.3 Release Candidate 1 from your customers area.
  • New: Sync Custom User Fields from WordPress users back to XenForo profiles
  • New: Enable or disable plugin integrations from the XFtoWP dashboard
  • New: Auto-refreshes forum data with set refresh time (defaults to 30 minutes)
  • New: Show forum stats and members online with the XF Content...

Read the rest of this update entry...

A look into syncing custom Custom user fields back to XenForo profiles...

XFtoWP 1.3 offers a simple connection point to map custom user fields you wish to send from a WordPress user during actions and other syncing events.

Simply add the user fields and match the Field ID (see below) with the Field ID back on the XenForo side to connect across sites.

Screen Shot 2021-10-24 at 6.58.47 PM.webp

You should note that the "Random number field" choice is not included as a stock option, but left in there to show you how to add your own custom logic to custom user fields.

(Heads up, you're about to get a high-dose piece of code)

From your theme's functions.php file, or other place you run custom functions, use these two XFtoWP filters to plug your own logic into custom fields, with full use of WP user data at the time of any action or user sync:

PHP:
/**
 * 1. Register field to XFtoWP + adds to Custom fields select box
 * Set 'random_number' and text label as your own key
 */

function add_xftowp_custom_user_fields( $custom_fields ) {
    $custom_fields['user']['random_number'] = array(
        'label' => 'Random number field'
    );
    return $custom_fields;
}

add_filter( 'xfwp_custom_fields', 'add_xftowp_custom_user_fields' );

/**
 * 2. Calculate logic to use as custom field
 * Key name(s) must match as set in step 1.
 * Insert your own logic into custom user fields at time of sync + other actions
 */

function xftowp_custom_user_fields_calculate( $custom_fields, $wp_user, $wp_usermeta, $post_id ) {
    $custom_fields['random_number'] = rand();
    return $custom_fields;
}

add_filter( 'xfwp_custom_user_fields_data', 'xftowp_custom_user_fields_calculate', 10, 4 );

When all is synced and done you can see the final results back at the XF user's profile:

Screen Shot 2021-10-24 at 6.56.31 PM.webp

You know how to setup Custom user fields in XenForo, right?

Screen Shot 2021-10-24 at 7.13.28 PM.webp

If you're the kind of person that knows what to do with this, let you creativity be unleashed. :cool:

Glad to see that this product is getting better, I would definitely like to use it one day. But before that a couple of important features that will be of great interest to me, and of course to others:

1. WordPress shortcodes should be able to be displayed anywhere in XenForo, not only in forum threads but also using XenForo template. This feature was previously introduced in XPress Add-on (shortcode support in threads only).

2. XenForo's Alerts, Inbox and User Account menu are displayed in the top right menus in XenForo and are also auto-refreshed, these things should be displayed in the top navigation menu in WordPress in the same way.

Thanks for the interest @Veer! Your first suggestion sounds a bit outside the scope of what this plugin is meant to do, but it may be possible within threads. I also don't use features in other products as a basis for what goes into XFtoWP.

I like suggestion #2 and it is possible with fairly minimal development, but this hasn't been on the immediate roadmap. Perhaps it will prove to be a popular suggestion at the XFtoWP forums.

Connecting current users not implemented with the new upgrade?
None outside of the manual user verify form. The new custom fields implementation is an important step towards bulk user syncing, though.

Last edited:
A very special Halloween update! 🎃
  • It's been 1 week since XFtoWP 1.3 RC1 release and apart from some minor admin panel cosmetics, XFtoWP 1.3 is working as intended. Full release looking good for as soon as tomorrow. Thank you for feedback @keenants, @El Porcharo, @Andro, and others that chimed in!
  • XFtoWP support is currently closed at the old MD Forums, which is currently being rebranded to Kolakube (more details coming soon).

Hi Alex

I have tried to get onto the new forums and my old account won't work. I created a new account and linked it to my license. I still can't login to the forums because I can't confirm my email as the link it sends out just sends you to the main blog page and never confirms.

I was trying to get to a PM you sent me a while back on my original account which I seem to be locked out of now on the new forums even though I had them linked to the license. Not sure what to do as I can't login to either account now.

Hi Alex

I have tried to get onto the new forums and my old account won't work. I created a new account and linked it to my license. I still can't login to the forums because I can't confirm my email as the link it sends out just sends you to the main blog page and never confirms.

I was trying to get to a PM you sent me a while back on my original account which I seem to be locked out of now on the new forums even though I had them linked to the license. Not sure what to do as I can't login to either account now.
Thanks for letting me know, should be sorted. I PMed you temporary credentials to your original account.

Great question!

XFtoWP custom fields let's you send dynamic or string text from WP back to any given XF user profile. The interface comes with pre-loaded data like First sync date, Last sync date, WP user ID, WP user role, and of course you can send your own text string back as your screenshot shows.

From the XFtoWP settings you can simply setup the fields you want to send back to XF. The Field ID part has to match the unique identifier you also set in XF admin > Users > Custom User Fields > Add field.

Screen Shot 2021-11-08 at 12.13.32 PM.webp

In the example below, wp_user_id is consistent on both sites so XFtoWP can properly map the fields during user sync:

Screen Shot 2021-11-08 at 12.15.21 PM.webp

kolakube updated XFtoWP - XenForo to WordPress Integration with a new update entry:

1.3 stable release

XFtoWP 1.3 is now marked stable and officially ready for all licensed customers to update! Read the first changelog entry here for a rundown of the new features and changes.

This stable release adds two minor changes found since the Release Candidate phase, so if you are using this version you should update to fully stable by downloading and updating the plugin files to your site.

The...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi

Could you please take a look at my account on your support forum please? It says

"To get official MD support and full posting privileges, please verify your forum username in the "Forum Users" section of your MD account area."

But when i try to login or reset password on Kolakube with my MDForum login/pass it says my account dont exist.

Also any chance you could help me out with this issue? Bridge suddenly stopped working and looks like my user lost his permission? There was no change on software on WP/XF. I also double checked and my XF user have all the permissions but when i check the bridge it is like below:

tempsnip.webp

Top Bottom