XFtoWP - XenForo to WordPress integration

XFtoWP - XenForo to WordPress integration [Paid] 1.5.5

No permission to buy ($79.00)
Thanks for your interest @Rushster!

Right now I have a basic bridge which connects users between WP and Xenforo. I have the WP site setup to check against all the information in the Xenforo userdb. So for example, if login on the WP site, it checks the Xenforo userdb and if the user is not found in the WP DB, the user is added to the WP DB. That user can then login on both WP and Xenforo.
The "create user on login" function is part of the final XFtoWP 1.2 release which is very close to being out of beta. This will check for an XF account when someone logs in to WP and create it if it doesn't already exist.

As this has a lot more functionality, which we could do with, would it be possible to switch to your system? Right now we push everyone to register via the Xenfoto registration. In your system, can we keep it that way so users still register via Xenforo and then the account will add them to the WP DB? Or, do all new forum users need to register via WP first, or can they register/login via either system?
XFtoWP lives on the WordPress side so the bulk of its actions are fired from there. You'd need to have users register or login from the WP side to make the connection. One thing in our plans is to offer a custom fields mapping tool which will expand the information you can collect on the WP registration side to pass over to XF to make the WP register process as good as it is on XenForo.

Thanks for your interest @Rushster!

The "create user on login" function is part of the final XFtoWP 1.2 release which is very close to being out of beta. This will check for an XF account when someone logs in to WP and create it if it doesn't already exist.

XFtoWP lives on the WordPress side so the bulk of its actions are fired from there. You'd need to have users register or login from the WP side to make the connection. One thing in our plans is to offer a custom fields mapping tool which will expand the information you can collect on the WP registration side to pass over to XF to make the WP register process as good as it is on XenForo.
So in essence, it's a no-go for us until the next version is ready (XFtoWP 1.2) I guess. We don't want to change all the login/register stuff in the WP templates which currently push folk to Xenforo's register/login page. So as I understand it, once the "check for an XF account when someone logs in to WP" functionality is in we would be good to go?

So in essence, it's a no-go for us until the next version is ready (XFtoWP 1.2) I guess. We don't want to change all the login/register stuff in the WP templates which currently push folk to Xenforo's register/login page. So as I understand it, once the "check for an XF account when someone logs in to WP" functionality is in we would be good to go?
Correct on both accounts.

How does your WP site handle logins? Do you use the default /wp-login.php portal or a different solution?

We push all the WP login/register links to the Xenforo login/register pages.
If I understand you correctly, it sounds like no user data is being passed through WordPress itself which would make that user info unattainable by this plugin. If you can message me your sites, I should be able to confirm.

If I understand you correctly, it sounds like no user data is being passed through WordPress itself which would make that user info unattainable by this plugin. If you can message me your sites, I should be able to confirm.
The Username data and passwords are being passed through to WP. They are all in both DBs. Once you reg on Xenforo, the data is pushed to WP. It works so that when you make that initial login via WP (we have a login box on comments), it checks the Xen Db and copies the data over if your username has not been found in the WP DB.

NEW: The new User Syncing capabilities coming to XFtoWP 1.2 stand to turn your once isolated WordPress website and XenForo community into a match made in heaven!

Drastically cut down user management time, create automated group promotions tied to WordPress memberships and courses, and come up with new workflows that you have never thought possible without these two powerful pieces of software now working together.

All of this and more will be demonstrated in a series of short videos, starting with part one below:

(recommended at 1.25-1.5x speed):

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Timestamps:
0:00-5:00 - connecting WordPress and XenForo via the API
5:00-8:00 - mirroring XF usergroups to WordPress
8:00-15:00 - enabling user sync settings and creating the first synced user
15:23-17:50 - syncing frontend registrations
17:50-24:10 - connecting multiple XF users to a WP account, error validation, and group promotions
24:10-28:00 - syncing users from the frontend
28:00-end - that one last thing

You can expect to see XFtoWP 1.2 beta 3 (as featured in the video) to be released within 24 hours from, now just in time for the weekend. Enjoy!

I'm going to watch the video as this might be something I could need. My WP and Xenforo design are very much alike but having my users register twice is a bit annoying, I'll let you know if I have questions after. It's quite expensive for a single purpose plugin but if it does what I need I will definitely buy it!

Alrighty, watched the whole video, very interesting plugin. I wonder though, How about I make a registration link on my wp site that links to the XF registration form and once the person registrated on XF the user will be added to the WP user database? Is that possible?

Alrighty, watched the whole video, very interesting plugin. I wonder though, How about I make a registration link on my wp site that links to the XF registration form and once the person registrated on XF the user will be added to the WP user database? Is that possible?
Thanks for your interest!

User registration needs to happen from WordPress for syncing to work, but we have ideas in the future to make this more flexible.

Mangini updated XFtoWP - XenForo to WordPress Integration with a new update entry:

XFtoWP 1.2 Beta 3 - multi user sync, frontend user verification, and massive stability updates

The expected final beta release of XFtoWP 1.2 is now available and introduces a few massive new features including multi user syncing, frontend user verification, and a slew of stability improvements from the last version.

To update, simply download the new beta and re-upload the XFtoWP plugin on your site, overwriting the former version.

To see how XFtoWP 1.2 works, watch...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Mangini updated XFtoWP - XenForo to WordPress Integration with a new update entry:

Fixes "product purchase" and "product expired" group promotion, MemberPress integration Beta 3

• Important: Fixes issue that ignored Product purchase and Expired actions. Now resolved for future integrations
  • New: Update email on XF from MemberPress Account details page
  • New: Adds error validation when updating Account details page
  • Fixes warning messages if no forum is connected to WordPress

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi everybody, I wanted to extend a big "thank you" to those of you who took the plunge and tested the latest XFtoWP beta over the weekend! We had a lot of successes tested across different site environments, and today we are building upon the solid foundation laid over the weekend with yet another new release...

Today I am pleased to announce the first WooCommerce Integration (beta) which is now available for download from your customers area:

Screen Shot 2021-05-24 at 2.01.41 PM.png
Alongside the progress we've made on standardizing XFtoWP integrations with the MemberPress integration plugin, we will now be focusing on releasing more integrations throughout the week for WooCommerce, LearnDash, Easy Digital Downloads, and others.

The criteria for plugin integrations are the following:
  • Ensure users are registered to XenForo on each plugin's unique registration process
  • Ensure email and passwords are updated in XenForo from each plugins unique account details pages on the WP frontend
  • Ensure user accounts are validated on register and account update so the same usernames and emails are not added to either database
  • Connect User Actions (group changes, send alerts/conversations) to execute on product purchases and expiration respectively
All of this is built on top of XFtoWP's native handling of WordPress' user registration and account updating, so any avenues for the above mentioned details to be changed are being covered by XFtoWP.

If you have been a beta tester to any degree, you will be rewarded for your time once the final version of 1.2 and all integration plugins are available. Thank you for your trust in this ambitious project, we are getting extremely close to bringing stable user syncing across XenForo and WordPress. :)

Great to see the development of this addon continue so well!

I'm still on Version 1.1.3, it's been great. Please continue to prioritise stability over features - I had to disregard all the previous bridge add ons I used because they just weren't stable. Yours has been brilliant so far.

Thanks for your interest!

User registration needs to happen from WordPress for syncing to work, but we have ideas in the future to make this more flexible.

Interesting you decided to go Wordpress first.

I'd have thought the vast majority would have XenForo accounts first. XFtoWP 😁

I'm still on Version 1.1.3, it's been great. Please continue to prioritise stability over features - I had to disregard all the previous bridge add ons I used because they just weren't stable. Yours has been brilliant so far.
Thanks, that is always the #1 priority with all of my software and more important than ever with something as sensitive as user syncing. We’ve been in beta for a couple months and won’t go full release ‘til we are as certain as can be thanks to the help I’ve had testing so far. 💪 I think it’s been hurting sales but bugs hurt most of all...

I am looking forward to getting out of beta so I can start work on improving Thread comments, though.

Interesting you decided to go Wordpress first.

I'd have thought the vast majority would have XenForo accounts first. XFtoWP 😁
Well, you can’t do what we’ve done if your XenForo isn’t connected to WordPress. :p

I’m not an XF dev and don’t plan to be, so it has forced me to get creative on the WP side.

I would love to collaborate with whoever sees the opportunity to capture XF registrations and create them to WP, otherwise I have plans in the future to help customers create more robust register forms in WP so more options are available without going to XF.

Really glad to hear things are still going well with the plugin on your site!

Hello boss

Any chance you could update us on the things we talked before? The full content post / auto schedule etc? Do you still think you might add them in next version or future updates?

Many thanks 🍻
Hey @def, sorry I overlooked your message.

The auto post thread is definitely doable and coming shortly after XFtoWP 1.2.

From where I left off the full post content feature, I am not sure it is going to be possible as XenForo does not seem to have a way to parse HTML content (how WordPress post content is formatted) into bbCode on the forums. My tests would not allow any content with images in it to post over the API, and any markup was shown as plain text in the new thread.

I posted a suggestion about it, but it hasn't picked up much steam. So unfortunately I do not think it is possible unless 1) I am wrong 2) this feature changes in XenForo

Top Bottom