XFtoWP - XenForo to WordPress integration

XFtoWP - XenForo to WordPress integration [Paid] 1.5.5

No permission to buy ($79.00)

kolakube

Mangini submitted a new resource:

XFtoWP - Bring powerful forum features to your WordPress sites

xenforo-wordpress.webp
It's time to make your forum a valuable part of your website, not keep it an outsider. Connect your
XenForo forum to your WordPress sites with the XFtoWP plugin
!

INTRODUCTORY OFFER: Save $20​

XFtoWP comes with powerful functionality to ensure a reliable connection to your forum and increase user engagement across both websites. With fast setup and point-and-click features, XFtoWP will...

Read more about this resource...

Last edited:
I might be interested. How this will work ?
You can see a better example of the features (and some demos) on the XFtoWP.com website. Also keep in mind that this is a WordPress plugin and doesn't require you to install anything to XenForo. You only need an API key which you can setup from the XF admin. I suggest you read the plugin documentation if you want to see what the setup process looks like:

The question is, I will have set WordPress on one hand and XenForo on an other. And can I have as many plugins on WordPress as I want. And they will be still connected between both installation?

The question is, I will have set WordPress on one hand and XenForo on an other. And can I have as many plugins on WordPress as I want. And they will be still connected between both installation?
This plugin is designed to work with WP/XF whether they are in the same directory, separate directory, or even on separate web hosts. I should also clarify that this plugin can only be installed to self-hosted WordPress and not a WP.com blog. There are no limits to how many plugins you can install to WordPress, but just like here on XF you want to be careful not to install too many plugins that may cause technical headaches or site performance issues.

I think the best use case out of the box for XFtoWP is a simple blog with forum replies as comments, then build your site up from there.

This plugin is designed to work with WP/XF whether they are in the same directory, separate directory, or even on separate web hosts. I should also clarify that this plugin can only be installed to self-hosted WordPress and not a WP.com blog. There are no limits to how many plugins you can install to WordPress, but just like here on XF you want to be careful not to install too many plugins that may cause technical headaches or site performance issues.

I think the best use case out of the box for XFtoWP is a simple blog with forum replies as comments, then build your site up from there.

Thanks for clarification.

Great to see this reach fruition - I will be a customer once I finally get around to upgrading to XF2!

I have a great idea for you and your WP + XF = business.

Integrate SMS texting and phones with this !

3cx.com already has a Wordpress addon to integrate WP and 3cx.

I setup my own 3cx.com with texting as a demo ... for free in an hour. I do know the language of PBXs mind you. (Trunks, Ring group, Dial plan). Actually I had to add a "partner" to enable a 60 day SMS texting option. The partner said he could have setup the whole thing for free for me. And that if I stay with the product he'd get some commission I guess.

I set it up in the cloud, but you can install 3cx locally.

You can also convert easily between the options.

For the cloud option, you get your own 3cx instance on my3cx.com like xftowp.my3cx.com and you do the admin from there.

XF + WP + 3cx = and entire onlline business ... could be deployed in almost no time. It would be extremely professional. A one person enterprise.

They also use Xenforo as their support forum.

PM me if you want to get more information.

Integrate SMS texting and phones with this !
Thank you for the idea but I'm not sure I understand the value proposition here. My goal with XFtoWP is to help increase forum engagement and this seems to move the discussion elsewhere. Also if you are talking about ideas like sending a text notification when a post is liked or replied to, I'm not even sure why WordPress would need to be in the mix there.

I understand the value proposition here.
Does your business have a phone number ?

Will some of your XF + WP customers need a phone number ?

The idea is bringing an entire business communication needs under one roof.

Wordpress (product details).
Xenforo (Support, some communications).
3cx (telephones, SMS to clients, voicemail, direct calls to appropriate person).

The 3cx webchat enables SMS and Facebook messaging to people on your website. You can escalate a call to VOICE.

With 3cx you can answer calls ... in your browser, on the app, with a physical phone, in a Windows app.

Some features:
3cx.community.jpg

You can also self host on any cloud platform.

You could setup customers with a website (WP), a forum (xenforo) and a phone system in almost no time.

A whole business from scratch to fully up and running in almost no time.

Last edited:
To complete the package you could get them running on a CRM that ties into 3cx.

So in summary,

WP - business product info
XF - xenforo support and customer relations
3cx - phone, SMS texting, smartphone app for employees,
CRM - Salesforce (or one of the many other CRM apps)

That is literally a whole business.

Last edited:
That helps a lot, thank you for the extra details!

I wouldn't rule something like this out as I have seen the drastic impacts of using live chat/SMS marketing but I don't see it as the exact next steps for this plugin. I have been thinking more about @Blatchy's question about SSO/user sync and think that will be the next area I tackle, which would bring your ideas here closer to fruition.

For those of you interested in user syncing, how do your users register to your WordPress site?

Is it through the standard register form (wp-login.php) or through an eCommerce/membership plugin like WooCommerce, LearnDash, Easy Digital Downloads, etc.? This is important because different plugins register users in slightly different ways, but fortunately with XFtoWP's developer tools it will be very easy to standardize different actions required for user syncing and hook them into many different plugins.

Please let me know here, it will really help gauge which plugins to build direct support for in the next episode of XFtoWP!

Top Bottom