• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

XFStop Mobile Style

Russ,
The little icon on the top left is not very obvious. You have to tell me the last time when I was looking for the What's new link.

I may not be the only person to think that icon is the favicon or the forum logo.

I'm waiting on a friend of mine to design the logo for the menu actually, it's from the popular FamFamFam Icon pack so I won't be releasing it public with the style. You're more than welcome to download it and replace the ones that actually end up on the style.

I'll make sure it comes out more dominantly, also, I'll be moving Members to the drop down menu and throwing What's New into the main nav as Members is definitely not needed primarily while browsing using a mobile device.

That actually makes more sense, Russ.
i see you have ClanRAD on the top and under main menu. The second one can go (I think it's the board description, right?).
Is there a link to switch back to the normal style from this mobile style?

Is there a link to switch back to the normal style from this mobile style?

That wouldn't work with my current mobile switcher, I think this should be left up to such an app also by adding the link dynamically using a template hook and not relying on the style!

I'm waiting on a friend of mine to design the logo for the menu actually, it's from the popular FamFamFam Icon pack so I won't be releasing it public with the style. You're more than welcome to download it and replace the ones that actually end up on the style.

I'll make sure it comes out more dominantly, also, I'll be moving Members to the drop down menu and throwing What's New into the main nav as Members is definitely not needed primarily while browsing using a mobile device.
Any updates, Russ?

Any updates, Russ?

Somewhat :), I updated the style for 1.1 B3, it's up and running at http://www.adminextra.com/, however I'm not sure if the mobile auto chooser is enabled on there(my style is default to the mobile skin on my phone so I can't really tell).
Here's some SS of some small customizations I did for them:

device-2011-10-23-100731.webpdevice-2011-10-23-100756.webpdevice-2011-10-23-100846.webp

Right now I'm just going back in and updating some of the stuff I hard coded in, and we'll be good. Now be aware... I move out in 2 days into a new place, so I'm trying to get this zipped up in the next 2 days, however I won't be able to support it for about a week after I release it.

I chose to do it this way so over the week as I'm moving, if there are any issues that arise, I can come back and fix them accordingly. I opted against making you guys wait any longer and wait for me to move ;p.

This looks awesome but do you mind updating your first post and stuff so your demo links are up to date because when I click on them they don't seem to work?

Ran in a small trouble with my internet service, they transferred it quicker than I thought so I'm out of internet at my house for a bit. Sorry guys, give me just a bit.

I signed up on ADminExtra today just to test out the mobile style. I know the version you are working on has some new fixes/features which AE is not running but here is a few thoughts.
I have Android HTC Sensation and using the stock browser.
  • The search box at the bottom does not work. Any term entered will result in "Security error occurred. please press back, refresh the page, try again"
  • The search box location is at the bottom, right above the XF copyright link. I would expect many accidental clicks if you have fat thumbs ;)
  • The Search item on the drop down menu does not go to the search box
  • The thread display option at the bottom of thread views is overlapping with the page breadcrumb. This results in many accidental clicks. I mean to expand/close the display options and ended up click on the pagenavigation.
That's all for now. Look forward to getting to play with it.

Use school computer etc, borrow a friends computer, go to a library, buy a cheap laptop.

NO EXCUSES MR. RUSS!

jk lol

Top Bottom