[xFS] User Smilies [Paid] [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
And to clear the confusion, the purchase of this modification was not made through ME.
http://www.8thos.com/threads/primes-retirement-thread.19201/

He came to you on some:

af35d9fb-219a-446a-83b0-08caa6401a50.jpg

And to clarify further, it is me who sold the add-on and received the payments for it.

I have not abandoned the project.

However, I am still slightly confused as to what is supposed to be going on with it. It was deleted from the Resource Manager without consulting me first, any prior warning, any discussion about any previous arrangement staying in place.

And to clarify further, it is me who sold the add-on and received the payments for it.

I have not abandoned the project.

However, I am still slightly confused as to what is supposed to be going on with it. It was deleted from the Resource Manager without consulting me first, any prior warning, any discussion about any previous arrangement staying in place.

Thanks Chris! Good to know it is in still good hands! Looking forward to it's future.

Highly interested in this. Any updates on it's status?
I am the person who currently has the rights to this project (purchased from Sheldon). There has not been any recent updates to it nor is it available at the moment (which means I also haven't tested it with XF 1.2 yet).

I'll be reaching out to Chris to see if he wants to continue the arrangement that was in place with the prior project owner or, at the least, to see if I can get a list of email address of people who placed a purchase so that I can at least make the last released version available to them.

I haven't got time in my immediate future to continue with this.

But it is worth noting that anyone who has ordered can still download the add on via the original email.

Of course that list is exportable so when development and selling resumes that can easily be imported into some other system.

xFS User Smilies was created either by xfrocks I believe and sold to Smiggy who then sold it to other people like stewart and waindigo. I know of xfrocks extension to the addon because it's on another xenforo forum I post on that Smiggy first sold it to but I don't think the admin there will sell it. I asked once and he didn't reply. My memories getting fuzzy here.
Oh, I can confirm that. The add-on was original developed by our group for @Smiggy but upon site closure he sold it (with a bunch of other add-ons we made for him) without asking us first. Kinda hope he contacted us so we could take over all of them...

Anyway, this add-on was a pretty decent project. Love the way it detect user and show user's smilies correctly </showoff> :p

I hope it get developed further. As @Chris Deeming said, there are many things to improve :D

Reactions: DRE
If you guys/gals want I can put up the last available version as a free download (with it remaining free until if/when I ever get a chance to work on stuff again) at one of my sites. I have not looked at the code at all since getting the rights to it so it'd be as-is of the last revision -- that'd be "1.0 BETA 1" unless somebody had a newer copy.

If you guys/gals want I can put up the last available version as a free download (with it remaining free until if/when I ever get a chance to work on stuff again) at one of my sites. I have not looked at the code at all since getting the rights to it so it'd be as-is of the last revision -- that'd be "1.0 BETA 1" unless somebody had a newer copy.

That would be great Kevin. I'd certainly give it a try since the admin group would be the only group using it eliminating others from uploading those hideous incorrectly matted smilies.

Which version are you using? I couldn't see a version number in that screeny.
This is a version that smiggy sold to ineedhelp which ineedhelp further developed then sold to me. You'd have to pm him for it cause I'm not allowed to give it out. This version in my opinion is the superior version because not only can you link smilies it also lets you upload smilies and set a size limit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom