[xFS] User Smilies [Paid] [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris, for the To Do list, can you check into getting the custom smiley working in the 'Preview' screen rather than after the post is saved? :coffee:

Me too. Stew removed throw eggs yesterday from this account and moved it to his, hopefully Chris is just doing the same.
Yeah, I'm expecting this. I hoping for this lol! I really just wanted the permissions thing for it, so I could make it available to specific usergroups.

xfrocks improved upon this and made it so that you can also add smilies from external url but I'm not sure if he'll sell it for public release. I want it so bad.

xfrocks improved upon this and made it so that you can also add smilies from external url but I'm not sure if he'll sell it for public release. I want it so bad.

Care to elaborate on that? Is this some kind of batch uploading add-on for smilies via xml (like IPB)

Care to elaborate on that? Is this some kind of batch uploading add-on for smilies via xml (like IPB)
xFS User Smilies was created either by xfrocks I believe and sold to Smiggy who then sold it to other people like stewart and waindigo. I know of xfrocks extension to the addon because it's on another xenforo forum I post on that Smiggy first sold it to but I don't think the admin there will sell it. I asked once and he didn't reply. My memories getting fuzzy here.

xFS User Smilies was created either by xfrocks I believe and sold to Smiggy who then sold it to other people like stewart and waindigo. I know of xfrocks extension to the addon because it's on another xenforo forum I post on that Smiggy first sold it to but I don't think the admin there will sell it. I asked once and he didn't reply. My memories getting fuzzy here.

Ah thanks for the info. I can't really understand why an admin would not help the community out with a mass easy uploading of smilies feature. I don't feel so bad not having submitting the sql file for the extended pack. Thanks again for the info DRE.

So does anybody know what the status is? Is this now a dead add-on or is it being hosted elsewhere now?

Assuming dead since myself and others have asked about it since April 22nd and though been online, Sheldon has completely ignored the thread. Sad really he doesn't have the decency to even update those of us that purchased this on it's status.

You would really have to ask the Xenforo user Smiggy who originally paid for it's development on his now defunct site. He sold it to Sheldon and I believe he also sold it to the Xenforo user ineedhelp who also has this addon on his forum.

You would really have to ask the Xenforo user Smiggy

That makes no sense.. We purchased this from Sheldon. We shouldn't have to track down some random person. The person that sold it to us should be the one updating it's current and future status.

That makes no sense.. We purchased this from Sheldon. We shouldn't have to track down some random person. The person that sold it to us should be the one updating it's current and future status.
How can he update it if he doesn't know the full details of how it was developed and so forth? I've known the dude who originally paid for it's development since before I even knew who Kier was or even what shared hosting was. The guy who paid for this to be made was very secretive about his addons and almost always paid for his addons to be exclusive and not released to anyone else. Nor was he always forthcoming on who created what for him.

and while we're on the subject, he sold some of his addons and granted them an exclusive license to them... to several people. Like Waindigo for instance lol Waindigo might have this addon too.

You don't have to track anyone down.

I purchased the modification, source code and all. There is an agreement in place with a developer, should he continue developing it, that is his call. If he chooses not to develop it further, due to other work he is doing, then development would technically be over, and the modification will stay the same as it is.

At that point, other options will be considered.

Waidigo did have this add-on, because it was given in a batch to him as well. I have every single one of the add-ons Jon had, that was why I knew about the tab forum thing. I didn't post them, nor give them out, because Jon had purchased them.

This has already been documented.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom