[tl] User Smilies

[tl] User Smilies [Paid] 2.1.3

No permission to buy ($19.00)
It doesn't seem to be popping up anywhere in Xenforo 2.1, sadly. Whether in Siropu Chat, or just in general threads, I only see my main emoticon categories. I'm on a user that has been given full permissions across the board to use all custom emoticons.

hi @truonglv

awesome addon, works great! :)

i do have a question, though - would you consider adding webp or apng support to it? would be nice to have something a bit more modern than gifs for animated smilies :)

another question i have - would you also consider adding support for high DPI smilies? (for example - letting users upload a 100x100px file that would then be displayed at 50x50px)

Last edited:
another question i have - would you also consider adding support for high DPI smilies? (for example - letting users upload a 100x100px file that would then be displayed at 50x50px)
Support in next release.
i do have a question, though - would you consider adding webp or apng support to it? would be nice to have something a bit more modern than gifs for animated smilies :)
Let me me if that is work :D

Support in next release.

PERFECT ... thank you! :)

Let me me if that is work :D

fingers crossed! :D

oh, and would it be possible to somehow see other user's smilies in the smilie list? i know there is a permission that lets people use other people's smilies ... but they still don't appear in the smilies list so it can be a bit difficult to try to figure out the shortcodes for those

it doesn't even have to create a separate category for each user ... it could just be one big "other user's smilies" category or something

oh, and would it be possible to somehow see other user's smilies in the smilie list? i know there is a permission that lets people use other people's smilies ... but they still don't appear in the smilies list so it can be a bit difficult to try to figure out the shortcodes for those

it doesn't even have to create a separate category for each user ... it could just be one big "other user's smilies" category or something
Nice idea but if you have thousand users and each have 10 smilies (example) so the list very very large.

Nice idea but if you have thousand users and each have 10 smilies (example) so the list very very large.

yeah, but that would still beat having to memorize all those custom similies ... and it would work with autocomplete they added in 2.1

maybe it could at least be an option in the settings? for forums that don't necessarily have thousands of users with 10 smilies each? :) it could be disabled by default

Last edited:
If you do not have right permission so you cannot use smilie from others even with check permissions that could laggy when open smilies from editors.

yeah, i suppose

hmm ... how about letting users (with proper permissions) upload emoji to a shared pool?

like have one designated library everyone with a permission can upload to and use from

Top Bottom