[xFS] User Smilies [Paid] [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
If a user does add :smalltroll: to their posts and it becomes popular enough that the admin adds it to XF, which one takes precedence, the XF defintion or the user definition?

Ok. This is the behaviour.

If a user adds :thumbsup: with one image, e.g.
poop.png

Then the admin adds :thumbsup: with another image
thumbsup.png

There's no error when this occurs.

All posts by that original user containing :thumbsup: will display:
poop.png

All posts by any other user containing :thumbsup: will display:
thumbsup.png

So, in some ways, this is quite an elegant way of handling it. No error. But it does cause a bit of an inconsistency which isn't ideal. I cannot decide the best way of dealing with it.

I would suggest, removal of user smiley and they be sent a notification that it has been replaced by a global smiley.

How about admins can see a list of all user smileys in ACP and click a button next any smiley to make it global, they then get rerouted to the smiley add/edit page

Somewhat, that is a log, and not exactly a list of all the smilies. Button would so on a similar list.

My only other option is Google Checkout/Wallet.

PayPal and Google will let you pay (usually) in any currency.

Are you considering integrating this with for instance [bd] banking? I can imagine an instance where a user creates a smiley. Say, :gasngnamstyle: or whatever.

If other users like it, they could "buy" the priviledge to use the icon by paying the original creator some of their credits.(Prices should be equal for all icons, so users will not end up undercutting one another for identical icons but with different replacements).

Combine it with restrictions on the amount of smileys a usergroup can create (i.e. registered members can add 10 icons, premium members 20, and lifetime members up to 25), and you suddenly have a very interesting mod.

I am not considering integrating any payment/bank/credit systems, at this time, sorry.

That's too bad, Chris. I'm always looking for ways to add to the offering for Premium Members, and this seemed like a great way to do so.

Do the users custom entries show up for them in the smiley drop-down box and other places or is it a matter of them remembering the shortcuts they chose?

(I'll be finding out shortly enough when I get time to install it this weekend :whistle: but figured I should ask to know what to expect.)

Do the users custom entries show up for them in the smiley drop-down box and other places or is it a matter of them remembering the shortcuts they chose?

(I'll be finding out shortly enough when I get time to install it this weekend :whistle: but figured I should ask to know what to expect.)
Not currently but that's definitely logical progression :)

(Thank you)

Hi Chris

Can admins specify a file type? I'd hate for people to start uploading animated gifs as smileys.

Great idea this add-on, will be popular on our board. Purchased :)

Hi Chris

Can admins specify a file type? I'd hate for people to start uploading animated gifs as smileys.

Great idea this add-on, will be popular on our board. Purchased :)
There are currently no file-type restrictions. I will add that to the list :)

Just checking something else...

If a user wants to use a custom smiley that another user has already created, do they have to upload the image again? Or will there be an option to choose an existing custom smiley to add to their profile?

Off topic: Your order confirmation email has a typo "This link may be used up to 3 times before it expires on forever." :)

Just checking something else...

If a user wants to use a custom smiley that another user has already created, do they have to upload the image again? Or will there be an option to choose an existing custom smiley to add to their profile?

Off topic: Your order confirmation email has a typo "This link may be used up to 3 times before it expires on forever." :)
Thanks for the info on the typo. I think that might be a default FetchApp template - but I think it's editable. I will check that out :)

Each user has to upload their own images. Right now they can't reuse images that are already there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom