[XFA] Tournament

[XFA] Tournament [Paid] 2.7.0

No permission to buy (€14.00)

XFA

XFA submitted a new resource:

[XFA] Tournament - Organize and manage tournaments (sports, games, ...) between your users all within XenForo !

Description
Ever wanted to create and manage tournaments in your community with a solution fully integrated to XenForo ? Then the Tournament add-on from Xen Factory is made for you !

With Tournament, you and/or your users can create and manage (invite users, kick users, ...) public or private tournaments with up to 64 contestants in just a few mouse clicks.

The look'n'feel of the tournaments brackets is similar to what you see for sports...

Read more about this resource...

Like the potential of this, the sytle needs some work though, grey on grey isnt nice. Some clued up users will be able to change that themselves, but ones who arent could do with a default more attractive style. Looking forward to the upgrades of this

Hi,

The rendering is due to our style but well yeah see the attached file rendering is still not clear enough with the default style.

Clément

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2015-10-14 à 23.19.42.webp
    Capture d’écran 2015-10-14 à 23.19.42.webp
    9.4 KB · Views: 41
Nice, I'm thinking to buy it but the design doesn't look great, it needs some work. :)
However, is there any user criteria, widget,.. ?

Live demo?

I am open to any suggestions regarding the design, don't hesitate to suggest :)

What do you mean by user criteria ? There no widget at the moment but there could be, which kind of widget do you suggest ?

Nope no demo atm, I'll setup one on our website tonight.

It support round robin?
For example first phase a round robin and then first 2 users of the round robin go to a 2nd phase with direct elimination.

It support "losers bracket" (double/triple elimination)?
For example:
Who lose in the round robin phase (or in the main bracket) will be inserted in the losers bracket.

It support round robin?
For example first phase a round robin and then first 2 users of the round robin go to a 2nd phase with direct elimination.

No it doesn't at the moment, it might be complicated to implement though but that could be envisioned.
Please post it as suggestion on our website in the dedicated area.

It support "losers bracket" (double/triple elimination)?
For example:
Who lose in the round robin phase (or in the main bracket) will be inserted in the losers bracket.

Implementing a simple looser bracket for the round robbin looser would be something feasible. You can suggest that as well on our website.
However handling, looser from further rounds would really be complicated. I might not consider implementing it.

I really like the idea having this as part of the forum experience, but $25 seems a bit ambitious, especially with Challonge out there being free. No Challonge isn't part of XF, but it's 'feature rich' and has the always welcomed drag n drop feature. IMHO, cut the price, add the drag n drop feature and i'm all in! ;)

I really like the idea having this as part of the forum experience, but $25 seems a bit ambitious, especially with Challonge out there being free. No Challonge isn't part of XF, but it's 'feature rich' and has the always welcomed drag n drop feature. IMHO, cut the price, add the drag n drop feature and i'm all in! ;)

Challonge is indeed free but as you said it is not integrated to xF. I considered using challonge at the start and perfom its integration but the user I developed that add-on for didn't want to rely on an external service.

What price would you suggest ? I might not decrease it in a drastic way as the requested feature suggested here above are going to be quite a lot of work.

Regarding the drag-n-drop, do you mean for the users bracket manual selection ? (which I did with dropdown, in addition to the automatic generation as well).

Check out binary beast for some ideas as well. I think 25 is an acceptable price considering the Nature of the plugin. Being able to create and hosting your own tournaments on your own site is well worth $25.

I'll probably be picking this up this weekend to play around with and post some suggestions.

Challonge is indeed free but as you said it is not integrated to XF. I considered using challonge at the start and perfom its integration but the user I developed that add-on for didn't want to rely on an external service.

What price would you suggest ? I might not decrease it in a drastic way as the requested feature suggested here above are going to be quite a lot of work.

Regarding the drag-n-drop, do you mean for the users bracket manual selection ? (which I did with dropdown, in addition to the automatic generation as well).

With respect to Challonge, you can embed it straight into a page. Done. I do understand though, it may not be for everyone. As for the drag n drop, it Is within the brackets I'm speaking of. IMHO, I believe in this case, a drop-down method is a bit outdated ... Which honestly is why I'm surprised XF doesn't have this feature as a staple with the nodes list in the ACP. As for a Price, honestly, I wouldn't charge more than 10 .. if you're going to charge at all. Again, Challonge is feature rich and all for free. We have been using them for years embedding them seamlessly to the forum. Using something that is integrated to the forum would have to have something that is above and beyond worth using over Challonge for us, but the price has simply left me scratching my head.

Couple of adjustments and it's definitely on point.

Last edited:
Deisgn wise, i suppose to keep it simple, allow a hex chart to change the colours of the respective sections, brackets, lines, background, font etc.
So a settings page that would give a tab for colour sections to add the hex number or such

I would probably buy this if it was possible, and to add widgets on the side bar wouyld be great too.

I guess you have potential here to make it almost like a season long league too.

Check out binary beast for some ideas as well. I think 25 is an acceptable price considering the Nature of the plugin. Being able to create and hosting your own tournaments on your own site is well worth $25.

I'll probably be picking this up this weekend to play around with and post some suggestions.

Sorry, but I respectfully disagree. You're basically paying 25 bucks to have it integrated into the forum with less features than that of Challonge? Nah. Not even close to being a good deal. Implement some of the suggestions in this thread then maybe you could square that purchase off as being worth it. Challonge's version is solid to say the least. Over the years they made the necessary changes making it that much better every time ... and it's free! With this addon, he's coming out of the gate running with less features and asking 25 bucks a pop? Feels like it's more about the benjamins vs the quality of the addon itself.

Just my 2-

Sorry, but I respectfully disagree. You're basically paying 25 bucks to have it integrated into the forum with less features than that of Challonge? Nah. Not even close to being a good deal. Implement some of the suggestions in this thread then maybe you could square that purchase off as being worth it. Challonge's version is solid to say the least. Over the years they made the necessary changes making it that much better every time ... and it's free! With this addon, he's coming out of the gate running with less features and asking 25 bucks a pop? Feels like it's more about the benjamins vs the quality of the addon itself.

Just my 2-

I understand where you're coming from, have you seen: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/8wayrun-com-xentorneo-rankings-pro.785/ it runs for $200 and allows you to use Challonge.

Keeping users on your site, sending alerts via upcoming tournaments, notifying people of winning on the site which keeps people coming back to your site rather than linking off site is a HUGE selling point.

With that being said I don't think $25 is a huge investment if you want to host tournaments on your website. A custom script to achieve the same result or something like Challonge would cost you a ton more than $25. I don't think people realize how much time it takes to put into a plugin and the end outcome of the sales. This isn't wordpress where you can have 50,000+ people buying your theme on themeforest.

In the end I'd rather pay a a price of $25 and see premium support and nice features added based upon our suggestions as opposed to them dropping the price to $10 or $15 with limited funds to add new features and give us support.

I should note too*** I haven't dug into the add-on at all yet just looking at the overview and the images but I do plan to give a little more feedback on the features themselves.

I think the difference between these addons is that Mtor's Tournament addon is created for easy-to-use esp. user to user Tournaments.
The xentorneo addon is much different - much more complex. I think you can't compare these both directly.

I mean, I get what's being said here .. but all I'm really saying is .. integration isn't worth 25. Bang for the buck, Challonge seems like the more logical way to go. Having said that, this addon being created is a good start, but what I'm seeing ... not for 25. That 200 dollar one is like comparing apples to oranges. Comparing Challonge to this is a little more on point, IMHO. As I eluded to earlier, clearing the slate on this addon and coming back with some features that are at the very least equal to Challonge .. then, considering a reasonable charge might be in order. Just feels like it was rushed .. let alone the price. That being said, the creator can charge whatever he wants ... as it's his addon. I'm sure there will be those who will consider the purchase. Afterall, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. ;)

Deisgn wise, i suppose to keep it simple, allow a hex chart to change the colours of the respective sections, brackets, lines, background, font etc.
So a settings page that would give a tab for colour sections to add the hex number or such

I would probably buy this if it was possible, and to add widgets on the side bar wouyld be great too.

I guess you have potential here to make it almost like a season long league too.

What would you see in the sidebar ?

Just my 2-

I understand where you're coming from, have you seen: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/8wayrun-com-xentorneo-rankings-pro.785/ it runs for $200 and allows you to use Challonge.

Keeping users on your site, sending alerts via upcoming tournaments, notifying people of winning on the site which keeps people coming back to your site rather than linking off site is a HUGE selling point.

With that being said I don't think $25 is a huge investment if you want to host tournaments on your website. A custom script to achieve the same result or something like Challonge would cost you a ton more than $25. I don't think people realize how much time it takes to put into a plugin and the end outcome of the sales. This isn't wordpress where you can have 50,000+ people buying your theme on themeforest.

In the end I'd rather pay a a price of $25 and see premium support and nice features added based upon our suggestions as opposed to them dropping the price to $10 or $15 with limited funds to add new features and give us support.

I should note too*** I haven't dug into the add-on at all yet just looking at the overview and the images but I do plan to give a little more feedback on the features themselves.

I mean, I get what's being said here .. but all I'm really saying is .. integration isn't worth 25. Bang for the buck, Challonge seems like the more logical way to go. Having said that, this addon being created is a good start, but what I'm seeing ... not for 25. That 200 dollar one is like comparing apples to oranges. Comparing Challonge to this is a little more on point, IMHO. As I eluded to earlier, clearing the slate on this addon and coming back with some features that are at the very least equal to Challonge .. then, considering a reasonable charge might be in order. Just feels like it was rushed .. let alone the price. That being said, the creator can charge whatever he wants ... as it's his addon. I'm sure there will be those who will consider the purchase. Afterall, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. ;)

Guys you are going to far in the debate :)
I have set the price a bit high because new features are going to come.

I see both your points. The add-on was release with this set of feature as this was funded by one of our customer so the feature are as he asked them to be.
Of course we are going to provide new functionnalities as time comes.

Top Bottom