[XFA] Thread Tabs - XF2

[XFA] Thread Tabs - XF2 [Paid] 2.4.1

No permission to buy (€10.00)
Would it be possible to make the attachments and URL link permissions based? We don't have attachments enabled for any user group but the Thread Tabs addon doesn't seem to follow through with this.

Is it possible to keep the thread/replies under the Tabs content as users move from tab to tab so they don't have to go back to Thread tab to reply?

Thanks.

Last edited:
As @MrDevildog says, It would be beneficial if one could carousel through the Initial post tabs, but still, see/access the discussion posts beneath, especially if there were several tabs.

Would it be possible to make the attachments and URL link permissions based? We don't have attachments enabled for any user group but the Thread Tabs addon doesn't seem to follow through with this.
Can you please be more specific ? I am not sure I understood.

Is it possible to keep the thread/replies under the Tabs content as users move from tab to tab so they don't have to go back to Thread tab to reply?
I am not 100% sure to understand the need here.
Tabs are aimed at providing additional data to the thread, i.e. the thread is a tab and then you have additional data.

As @MrDevildog says, It would be beneficial if one could carousel through the Initial post tabs, but still, see/access the discussion posts beneath, especially if there were several tabs.
As stated above I don't really understand the use case.

As stated above I don't really understand the use case.

Ok, I run up a small but growing gaming forum and when new games are released we make Official discussion threads for them. Which are usually broken down into sections within. Here are some examples: -

These can get a bit lengthy in terms of the original post, so the idea of putting the information into Tabs (Introduction, Story, Reviews etc, etc) as a form of a digestible information carousel using your add-on is quite appealing. However, it would be beneficial for our members to be able to see the rest of the Thread posts below regardless of what tab you happened to be on, versus having to go back to the beginning in order to add a post.

I hope that clarifies.

Last edited:
Can you please be more specific ? I am not sure I understood.

When adding a new tab or modifying an existing one, there is a button just below the "Input Tab Content…" editor field labelled "Attach Files" that when clicked opens the select file dialogue and a field called "...Or Input an URL" to provide a link on the tab.

Our XenForo group permissions are set such that users cannot attach files to their threads and posts, so it would stand to reason that the tab creation / editor page should adhere to these permissions.

Instead a user can create a post, then add a tab to it and start attaching files.

The button can be hidden manually via template modification, but this won't remove the underlying functionality that may be exploited by a malicious user with knowledge of how the code works.

Simply being the creator of a thread that allows tabs gives a user to ability upload files and bypass any group permissions assigned blocking attachments.

Attachments

• tabAttachments.webp
    tabAttachments.webp
    4.8 KB · Views: 2
@XFA

I can't find the place to delete a link tab. Can you please give me a screenshot?

Update:

1) This is probably a bug. Only when there's content will the "delete" button shows up. It won't appear under the link tab (url link).

2) I've removed the "target="_blank"" code from the template. I don't think it's appropriate to make it a default setting to open a link in a new window.

Last edited:
@XFA this resource has been reported for new tables being prefixed xfa_ .

If that is true, it is in breach of 11.1 of the Resource standards: https://xenforo.com/community/help/resource-standards/

11. The following should be adhered to with respect to schema changes:
  1. New tables must be prefixed with xf_ and additionally an identifier for the add-on e.g. xf_mg_ .

Please ensure you make the relevant changes to comply with the standards.

• Sad
Reactions: XFA
Top Bottom