[XFA] Multiple Countdowns - XF2

[XFA] Multiple Countdowns - XF2 [Paid] 3.1.2

No permission to buy (€10.00)

XFA

XFA submitted a new resource:

[XFA] Multiple Countdowns - Sidebar, header, dedicated page unlimited configurable countdowns right to your forum !

Description
This add-on lets you create an unlimited number of countdowns to be displayed either in your widgets, at the top of all pages in the header or on a dedicated page to your forum sidebar !

A page is dedicated to the complete management of the counters and accessible based on usergroup permission.

Features
  • Unlimited number of counters
  • Usergroup permission:
    • Manage countdown
    • View countdown page
  • Create/Edit/Delete counters...

Read more about this resource...

From the screenshots, the add-on seems great with many functions, but there is a requirement for installing an extra add-on: [XFA] Core 1.1.0+. Which make me still consider for purchasing or not. Why do i have to install an extra add-on while not using it? ...

From the screenshots, the add-on seems great with many functions, but there is a requirement for installing an extra add-on: [XFA] Core 1.1.0+. Which make me still consider for purchasing or not. Why do i have to install an extra add-on while not using it? ...

It's not a question of using it or not. As a matter of fact Countdown add-on uses it.

With the arrival of xF2, we have decided to rationalize a bit the code between our add-ons and factorize the code we use in different add-ons into a Core add-on which provides some default functions.

That add-on is free btw so that's almost 100% transparent for you.

Clément

I may buy in a few weeks when I have the cash.

If I'm reading this right, I can set multiple countdowns. Do they all show at once, or once one is done, it shows the next?

I also don't see a 'recur' or 'repeat' word in the description, will there be a way to have it repeat on a say... weekly basis? Like a countdown to my next livestream?

Reactions: XFA
If I'm reading this right, I can set multiple countdowns. Do they all show at once, or once one is done, it shows the next?

You can configure how much and when they show as you can see from options.

I also don't see a 'recur' or 'repeat' word in the description, will there be a way to have it repeat on a say... weekly basis? Like a countdown to my next livestream?

Not yet no. This will most certainly be added in the future.

You can configure how much and when they show as you can see from options.

Not yet no. This will most certainly be added in the future.
I may purchase once Recurring is in. That will make managing my content release dates easier to show when the next one is.

That's not going to come soon, we are in a porting process so once a release of an addon is stable we are more into porting the next one.

Hey, how the timezone support is working? Is it from the computer you are using or the timezone from your preferences set?

I am having problem while creating new countdown:-

XF\Db\Exception: MySQL statement prepare error [1054]: Unknown column 'active' in 'field list' in src/XF/Db/AbstractStatement.php at line 212
  1. XF\Db\AbstractStatement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 196
  2. XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 39
  3. XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->prepare() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 54
  4. XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->execute() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php at line 79
  5. XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->query() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php at line 160
  6. XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->insert() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 1389
  7. XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->_saveToSource() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 1121
  8. XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->save() in src/addons/XFA/MultipleCountdowns/Service/Countdown/Creator.phpat line 118
  9. XFA\MultipleCountdowns\Service\Countdown\Creator->_save() insrc/XF/Service/ValidateAndSavableTrait.php at line 40
  10. XFA\MultipleCountdowns\Service\Countdown\Creator->save() insrc/addons/XFA/MultipleCountdowns/Pub/Controller/Countdowns.php at line 80
  11. XFA\MultipleCountdowns\Pub\Controller\Countdowns->actionAdd() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 249
  12. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 88
  13. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 41
  14. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 1891
  15. XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 328
  16. XF::runApp() in index.php at line 13

You did a fresh install from xF2 ? or upgrade from xF1 ?

Do you have an 'active' column in the xfa_xcountdown table ?

I just tested and can't reproduce.

Please send a screenshot of the effective configuration you had put for that countdown.

Just created with same parameter, no problem on my side.

That's odd, could you try disabling other add-ons to see if Countdown alone produce that error ?

Top Bottom