XF2 [8WR] XenPorta 2 (Portal) PRO

XF2 [8WR] XenPorta 2 (Portal) PRO [Paid] 2.2.0.7

No permission to buy ($40.00)
Many thanks guys for your tips and availability but I think that this is a simple and basic feature that a plugin that have name of "Portal" must have. Is the principal category menu of the plugin, is not a strange function that I'm asking and as you know not all of us know coding or should have to hire a coder for a basic function like this that should just to be there. I think.
I know this seems really scary and overwhelming right now, but the suggestion is easy to implement and is part of the built-in tools available in XF. The author doesn't need to develop anything for, as you yourself say, a basic function like this. Most people wouldn't think twice about it.

Here are a couple of easy to follow guides to get you started:

Hi Matthew and thanks for your answer but furthermore I don't know a line of code so is not simple for me to create a widjet for this.
A widjet to show the list of the categories in the right order, I think that is the base for a plugin that manage a portal. Don't you think?

I'm receiving many of these errors:

Code:
Server error log

TypeError: Argument 1 passed to XF\Entity\User::canFollowUser() must be an instance of XF\Entity\User, null given src/XF/Entity/User.php:726

Generated by: Unknown account Jun 26, 2020 at 4:16 PM

Stack trace

#0 [internal function]: XF\Entity\User->canFollowUser(NULL)

#1 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(999): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)

#2 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l11/s3/public/member_macros.php(299): XF\Template\Templater->method(Object(XFMG\XF\Entity\User), 'canFollowUser', Array)

#3 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(701): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(xenMade\UASD\XF\Template\Templater), Array, Array)

#4 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l11/s3/public/EWRporta_author_macros.php(137): XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('member_macros', 'member_action_b...', Array, Array)

#5 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(701): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(xenMade\UASD\XF\Template\Templater), Array, Array)

#6 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l11/s3/public/EWRporta_article_view.php(243): XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('EWRporta_author...', 'author_block_th...', Array, Array)

#7 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1315): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(xenMade\UASD\XF\Template\Templater), Array)

#8 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1388): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('EWRporta_articl...', Array)

#9 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l11/s3/public/thread_view.php(266): XF\Template\Templater->includeTemplate('public:EWRporta...', Array)

#10 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1315): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(xenMade\UASD\XF\Template\Templater), Array)

#11 src/XF/Template/Template.php(24): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('thread_view', Array)

#12 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Html.php(48): XF\Template\Template->render()

#13 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(458): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html->renderView('XF:Thread\\View', 'public:thread_v...', Array)

#14 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(440): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderView(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))

#15 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(400): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderReply(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))

#16 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(58): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html')

#17 src/XF/App.php(2190): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()

#18 src/XF.php(391): XF\App->run()

#19 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')

#20 {main}

Request state

array(4) {

["url"] => string(61) "/threads/phenomenon-menelaus-clone-by-kindbright.31935/page-2"

["referrer"] => bool(false)

["_GET"] => array(0) {

}

["_POST"] => array(0) {

}

what to do?

Last edited:
I ran into some trouble with a new widget I created today.

I'm running 2.1.0.5, but I don't use the Feature Slider, so I don't think that had anything to do with my issue....

I created a new catergory, to go with one of our popular forums. Then I added a "Featured Post" widget to the portal, set it to show 1 article, and only show articles that were from the new catergory.

Then I promoted an article, checked off "Exclude from Article Index" because I didn't want these mixed in with our typical daily articles at the top of the portal list. I also checked off the new catergory I created, and everything looked good on the portal!

So for the next 24 hours everything worked as expected, I didn't do any further promotions in that forum or catergory.

But tonight I was given a list of articles for the weekend and next week, so I had attempted to schedule promotions of 3 articles at 3am for Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. When I visited the portal, the article I was seeing is the one for Monday!

I reviewed everything and I don't know why it's acting that way. It doesn't do that with our normal promotions for uncategorized articles that we schedule in advance at the top of the homepage.

Anyone have any clues where I might be going wrong?

I ran into some trouble with a new widget I created today.

I'm running 2.1.0.5, but I don't use the Feature Slider, so I don't think that had anything to do with my issue....

I created a new catergory, to go with one of our popular forums. Then I added a "Featured Post" widget to the portal, set it to show 1 article, and only show articles that were from the new catergory.

Then I promoted an article, checked off "Exclude from Article Index" because I didn't want these mixed in with our typical daily articles at the top of the portal list. I also checked off the new catergory I created, and everything looked good on the portal!

So for the next 24 hours everything worked as expected, I didn't do any further promotions in that forum or catergory.

But tonight I was given a list of articles for the weekend and next week, so I had attempted to schedule promotions of 3 articles at 3am for Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. When I visited the portal, the article I was seeing is the one for Monday!

I reviewed everything and I don't know why it's acting that way. It doesn't do that with our normal promotions for uncategorized articles that we schedule in advance at the top of the homepage.

Anyone have any clues where I might be going wrong?
Tried a few different things yesterday and this morning to try and figure out what makes this widget work, I deleted the last scheduled post, also inserted a post in between the last scheduled post and the current time.

Seems like the widget, when configured this way, treats the "publishing date" more like a "sort to the top of the list", not the functionality I expected.

I've had to revert to manually "publishing" new articles every evening at around midnight so that the latest daily article is showing the correct one, I can't schedule them in advance the way I had hoped.

We're looking to upgrade our server to PHP 7.3 or 7.4, so I want to check that all add-ons are compatible. I'm not seeing anything in the Overview or FAQ to indicate add-on requirements or compatibility. We're running XF 2.1.8 Patch2 with the paid add-on Xenporta2 Portal PRO 2.1.0.2.

Tried a few different things yesterday and this morning to try and figure out what makes this widget work, I deleted the last scheduled post, also inserted a post in between the last scheduled post and the current time.

Seems like the widget, when configured this way, treats the "publishing date" more like a "sort to the top of the list", not the functionality I expected.

I've had to revert to manually "publishing" new articles every evening at around midnight so that the latest daily article is showing the correct one, I can't schedule them in advance the way I had hoped.
Fixed for next version.

In the principal page of the plugin where it shows all the articles, is it possible to hide the first text inside the first post, to let only the images and the titles?
I have tried with the Trim function but it's possible only to reduce the text to 50 characters.

Also would be nice to make possible to decide the layout for each different category.
For example setting an article page with 3 articles per row for a section/node
and 5 articles per row for another section/node.

This will give many different way to personalize the pages of the plugin

I have discovered what was the problem and I tell you that maybe can be helpful if succed next time.
It was a deleted user that have wrote the article that it's been renamed as Guest user from XF system when it was deleted, but Xenporta don't see good these threads and create these errors.
Changing the (renamed) Guest user with a valid User the problem was been fixed

I have discovered what was the problem and I tell you that maybe can be helpful if succed next time.
It was a deleted user that have wrote the article that it's been renamed as Guest user from XF system when it was deleted, but Xenporta don't see good these threads and create these errors.
Changing the (renamed) Guest user with a valid User the problem was been fixed
Are you running the most recent version? According to your error trace log:

Code:
#4 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l11/s3/public/EWRporta_author_macros.php(137): XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('member_macros', 'member_action_b...', Array, Array)

This is saying the EWRporta_author_macros template is calling the member_macros template, which is where canFollowUser() is being called from. However, this template does not call this template... so that's not standard behavior.

Yes. Add a route filter: AdminACP>Setup>Route filters. Click on Add route filter and replace url ending. I changed mine from the default one (ewr-porta/) to xportal/> See pic below:

joyh1Sc.png
Is it possible to create a subdomain and run the portal in that domain? There is a forum on domain.net. Does xenporta work on portal.domain.net?

Top Bottom