XF2 [8WR] XenPorta 2 (Portal) PRO

XF2 [8WR] XenPorta 2 (Portal) PRO [Paid] 2.2.0.7

No permission to buy ($40.00)
You don't need to put article widgets on the portal page. It already has articles built into it.

Ok so I deleted the XenPorta 2 Article widget and now everything seems right. Thank you.

Question...what then is the Article selection in the Widget selection menu?

Do you have a manual for this add-on I looked but could not find anything? It would help out people like me who are new to this software to be able to get full use out of it and not have to bother you.

There are videos.

The article widget is for putting it as a widget on other pages.

I have watched both videos many times, I am watching the Back End video again for 5th time right now. FYI your videos are too fast and assume people know the software. Anyway, I think I am on the right track now, thank you for your time.

As an answer to my previous post, I got around it by just redeclaring the actionSave with appended code:

Code:
public function actionSave(ParameterBag $params)
    {
        $this->assertPostOnly();

if ($params->category_id)
        {
            $category = $this->assertCategoryExists($params->category_id);
        }
        else
        {
            $category = $this->em()->create('EWR\Porta:Category');
        }
        $categoryOptions = $category->getRelationOrDefault('PortaCategoryOptions');

$input = $this->filter('category', 'array');
        $inputOptions = $this->filter('categoryOptions', 'array');

$form = $this->formAction();
        $form->basicEntitySave($category, $input);
        $form->basicEntitySave($categoryOptions, $inputOptions);
        $form->run();

return $this->redirect($this->buildLink('ewr-porta/categories'));
    }

I'd still like to simplify by doing something like $form = parent::actionSave($params);..

I upgraded from XenForo 1.5 to XenForo 2.1 tonight. I'm not sure if I am able to upgrade my 1.5 XenPorta to 2.1 XenPorta, where I had many custom widgets? Anyway, I installed XenPorta 2 and now my Portal is not rendering whatsoever. https://www.unigamia.com/ewr-porta/

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this issue?

import xenpota 1.x to 2.x now.

I tried to do that and I got an error. Could you please tell me how? I'll edit the error I got into this message:
  1. Tools > Import Data
  2. Import target: [8WR] XenPorta 2.x.x
    [8WR] XenPorta 1.0.0
  3. Exception:
PHP:
XF\Db\Exception: MySQL statement prepare error [1146]: Table 'website_xenforo.EWRporta2_articles' doesn't exist in src/XF/Db/AbstractStatement.php at line 228
    XF\Db\AbstractStatement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 196
    XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 40
    XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->prepare() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 54
    XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->execute() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php at line 94
    XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->query() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php at line 150
    XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->fetchOne() in src/addons/EWR/Porta/Import/Importer/Porta100.php at line 124
    EWR\Porta\Import\Importer\Porta100->getStepEndArticles() in src/XF/Import/Runner.php at line 197
    XF\Import\Runner->setupRunnableStep() in src/XF/Import/Runner.php at line 81
    XF\Import\Runner->initializeRun() in src/XF/Import/Runner.php at line 52
    XF\Import\Runner->run() in src/XF/Admin/Controller/Import.php at line 234
    XF\Admin\Controller\Import->actionRun() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 350
    XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 262
    XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 113
    XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 55
    XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2184
    XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 391
    XF::runApp() in admin.php at line 13

How do I get my announcements to display on my homepage?

Last edited:
I tried to do that and I got an error. Could you please tell me how? I'll edit the error I got into this message:
  1. Tools > Import Data
  2. Import target: [8WR] XenPorta 2.x.x
    [8WR] XenPorta 1.0.0
  3. Exception:
PHP:
XF\Db\Exception: MySQL statement prepare error [1146]: Table 'website_xenforo.EWRporta2_articles' doesn't exist in src/XF/Db/AbstractStatement.php at line 228
    XF\Db\AbstractStatement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 196
    XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 40
    XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->prepare() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 54
    XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->execute() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php at line 94
    XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->query() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php at line 150
    XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->fetchOne() in src/addons/EWR/Porta/Import/Importer/Porta100.php at line 124
    EWR\Porta\Import\Importer\Porta100->getStepEndArticles() in src/XF/Import/Runner.php at line 197
    XF\Import\Runner->setupRunnableStep() in src/XF/Import/Runner.php at line 81
    XF\Import\Runner->initializeRun() in src/XF/Import/Runner.php at line 52
    XF\Import\Runner->run() in src/XF/Admin/Controller/Import.php at line 234
    XF\Admin\Controller\Import->actionRun() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 350
    XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 262
    XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 113
    XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 55
    XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2184
    XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 391
    XF::runApp() in admin.php at line 13

How do I get my announcements to display on my homepage?

reinstall xenporta2 now

Did you uninstall the XF1 version first? If you did, then your databases are lost and can not be imported.

Did you uninstall the XF1 version first? If you did, then your databases are lost and can not be imported.

No, but I did disable the XF1 version before upgrading. Was I supposed to keep it enabled? These are the tables that I still have for XenPorta/XenAtendo 1.

Attachments

• firefox_2020-04-19_14-56-04.webp
    firefox_2020-04-19_14-56-04.webp
    29.6 KB · Views: 13
Oh! You are using the ANCIENT free version of XenPorta1... not XenPorta2 for XF1.

There is no import method between the free XenPorta1 and XenPorta2 for XF2.

Alright, you can forget about importing. I can easily recreate the missing widget.

How do I get my Announcements forum to display as articles on my main page? I have it selected in "Auto-promote forums" but it's not displaying. https://www.unigamia.com/ewr-porta/

Does the widget for displaying user's birthdays still exist? Got this working.

Basically, I want to get my announcements to display like articles with replies to the announcement looking like news comments like in the intro video, this is how I had it on XenForo 1:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
My "Promote to article" option is missing. I've tried rebuilding. Should I uninstall and reinstall?

I have Announcements selected as an auto-promote forum and it isn't doing anything.

Attachments

• firefox_2020-04-23_14-07-51.webp
    firefox_2020-04-23_14-07-51.webp
    8 KB · Views: 11
  • firefox_2020-04-23_14-15-13.webp
    firefox_2020-04-23_14-15-13.webp
    18.1 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
I just installed the add-on and it's very nice, I could customize the home page of my site, but still some points:

Can you:

• Translate 'Home' item in menu (can't find it in Phrases, only submenu items)
  • un-promote articles? (there's a 'delete' option for every promoted article, but not sure what does it do)
  • set an image as featured and display it 1.at the top of the article 2. Inside excerpt boxes.
  • customize ear-porta 'Home' sub-menu items?

'Features' box is empty and no button to add items to it?

Top Bottom