XF2 [8WR] XenPorta 2 (Portal) PRO

XF2 [8WR] XenPorta 2 (Portal) PRO [Paid] 2.2.0.7

No permission to buy ($40.00)
Fyi..

There is an "Enable external image icons" option and I was using external images. Fixed!

Cant find a solution for youtube tho.

Also I'm unable to find a solution for widget: XenPorta > Facebook

It's not responsive. Is there a css code or something?

Screenshot_20180619-143157_Chrome.webpScreenshot_20180619-143202_Chrome.webp

Is there a way to show pagination at the top of article pages? Long articles mean a person has to scroll the entire page to see the next page, and can't bypass via the top pagination available on normal threads.

Is there a way to show pagination at the top of article pages? Long articles mean a person has to scroll the entire page to see the next page, and can't bypass via the top pagination available on normal threads.
That wouldn't make sense. That would imply that the article itself is paginated; which it is not. Only the comments are paginated, which is why the pagenav is wrapped around the comments section.

I think the issue is that with the comment pagination, when you click to the next page, you have to scroll past the article each time, to get back to the comments which are, as you say, the only thing being paginated. I think that is the issue I am experiencing from usability.

Hey @Jaxel I just bought this today and I wanted to take a moment to thank you for your hard work. You've really done a great job with this add-on. What I like most is the masonery grid and how it automatically generates the first image in the post for usage.

I'm using an RSS feed for the news and if you have any ideas at any possible paid rss news I could use? I'm willing to pay if it's professional. I don't believe in plagiarism so I'm doing it the right way and linking back when necessary to the site like yahoo which is currently what I'm using now. But if you know of any paid rss news I could use that generates more excerpt text and is more professional I would like to know about it.

This is probably the most well spent add-on I have invested in yet. I haven't even used your discord add-on yet even though I bought it but this one is worth every penny. Let me know any ideas you have for RSS.

- Brad

Hey,
1529707655227.webp

for some reason bullet points go out of the container on a fresh installation, any reason for this?

They also look very strange (left indented). I tried removing my extra.less didn't make a difference.

Where's the edit layout grid for this version? I'm trying to add a sidebar to the front page. Thanks.

So where is the upgrade instructions? Nothing is listed in the FAQ or youtube..... I would be upgrading from 2.0.2.2 to 2.0.23. do I just overwrite the files?

@Jaxel I’d like to use custom thread fields (star ratings) for a review type article, does article view strip the custom thread html? I can’t get it to show the stars with the Thread formatted as article option.

Hey, just purchased this, but currently I'm kind of wondering. I just recieved a 3 times useable downloadlink. Do I need to purchase again for every update? Can't find any hint for this.

@Jaxel I’d like to use custom thread fields (star ratings) for a review type article, does article view strip the custom thread html? I can’t get it to show the stars with the Thread formatted as article option.

Edit template: EWRporta_article_macros

Star ratings above article

Find (Line 61-63):
Code:
<div class="message-userContent lbContainer js-lbContainer {{ $isIgnored ? 'is-ignored' : '' }}"
                            data-lb-id="post-{$post.post_id}"
                            data-lb-caption-desc="{{ $post.User ? $post.User.username : $post.username }} &middot; {{ date_time($post.post_date) }}">

Replace with:

Code:
<div class="message-userContent lbContainer js-lbContainer {{ $isIgnored ? 'is-ignored' : '' }}"
                             data-lb-id="post-{$post.post_id}"
                             data-lb-caption-desc="{{ $post.User ? $post.User.username : $post.username }} &middot; {{ date_time($post.post_date) }}">

<xf:if is="$post.isFirstPost()">
                                <xf:macro template="custom_fields_macros" name="custom_fields_view"
                                    arg-type="threads"
                                    arg-group="before"
                                    arg-onlyInclude="{$thread.Forum.field_cache}"
                                    arg-set="{$thread.custom_fields}"
                                    arg-wrapperClass="message-fields message-fields--before" />
                            </xf:if>

Star ratings below article

Finde (Line 65-70):

Code:
<article class="message-body js-selectToQuote">
                                <xf:ad position="post_above_content" arg-post="{$post}" />
                                {{ bb_code($post.message, 'post', $post) }}
                                <div class="js-selectToQuoteEnd">&nbsp;</div>
                                <xf:ad position="post_below_content" arg-post="{$post}" />
                            </article>

Replace with:

Code:
<article class="message-body js-selectToQuote">
                                <xf:ad position="post_above_content" arg-post="{$post}" />
                                {{ bb_code($post.message, 'post', $post) }}
                                <div class="js-selectToQuoteEnd">&nbsp;</div>
                                <xf:ad position="post_below_content" arg-post="{$post}" />
                            </article>
                             <xf:if is="$post.isFirstPost()">
                                <xf:macro template="custom_fields_macros" name="custom_fields_view"
                                    arg-type="threads"
                                    arg-group="before"
                                    arg-onlyInclude="{$thread.Forum.field_cache}"
                                    arg-set="{$thread.custom_fields}"
                                    arg-wrapperClass="message-fields message-fields--before" />

Hey Guys,

Can anyone assist with guidance on how to change "Forums" to "/forums/" and make this add-on the main URL?

Thanks in advance!

Any idea how to disable pagination too with this addon?

You can't disable pagination in XenPorta only.

The code below might be a better option, good for a long articles, it show the comments on a new page(s).

Edit template: EWRporta_article_view

Find:
Code:
<div class="block porta-block-messages">
    <div class="block-container lbContainer"
         data-xf-init="lightbox{{ $xf.options.selectQuotable ? ' select-to-quote' : '' }}"
         data-message-selector=".js-post"
         data-lb-id="thread-{$thread.thread_id}"
         data-lb-universal="{$xf.options.lightBoxUniversal}">

<div class="block-body">
            <xf:macro template="EWRporta_article_macros" name="article_post"
                arg-post="{$articlePost}"
                arg-thread="{$thread}" />
        </div>
    </div>
</div>

<xf:if is="$author is not empty">
    <xf:macro template="EWRporta_author_macros" name="author_block"
        arg-author="{$author}" />

Replace:
Code:
<xf:if is="$page  < 2">
<div class="block porta-block-messages">
    <div class="block-container lbContainer"
         data-xf-init="lightbox{{ $xf.options.selectQuotable ? ' select-to-quote' : '' }}"
         data-message-selector=".js-post"
         data-lb-id="thread-{$thread.thread_id}"
         data-lb-universal="{$xf.options.lightBoxUniversal}">

<div class="block-body">
            <xf:macro template="EWRporta_article_macros" name="article_post"
                arg-post="{$articlePost}"
                arg-thread="{$thread}" />
        </div>
    </div>
</div>

<xf:if is="$author is not empty">
    <xf:macro template="EWRporta_author_macros" name="author_block"
        arg-author="{$author}" />

Demo, article with pagination

Last edited:
Hey Guys,

Can anyone assist with guidance on how to change "Forums" to "/forums/" and make this add-on the main URL?

Thanks in advance!

How do I make my articles list the index for my forum?

Admin CP: Setup > Options > Basic Board Information
Index Page Route: ewr-porta/

It's in the FAQ.

Top Bottom