XF2 [8WR] XenPorta 2 (Portal) PRO

XF2 [8WR] XenPorta 2 (Portal) PRO [Paid] 2.2.0.7

No permission to buy ($40.00)
HI Jaxel.

Would you consider adding an option to upload an attachment for threads promoted to Articles? I’d like to display a custom image on the XenPorta page that’s not an attached image in the first post.

Thanks mate,
Rob.

I wholeheartedly agree. At least give the option like featured articles where you can add a custom pic. Right now it's a fairly arduous process to edit someone's post, add a pic, explain it to them then promote. A custom pic option would be great. Even better is to also add a default forum pic for articles that do not necessarily require a custom pic. This would be an ACP option.

There are already ways to do this... just dont embed the attachment.
OK, but would you consider adding it in, like you have for the featured post? makes things so much easier, especially since I use an add-on to auto embed full size pics into posts.

OK, but would you consider adding it in, like you have for the featured post? makes things so much easier, especially since I use an add-on to auto embed full size pics into posts.

Just chiming in I had the exact same issue and fixed mine using Andy's addon to save images as attachments but you have to have imagemagick running on your server or account from your host as the default image tool instead of GD
stuffs.webp
https://xenforo.com/community/resources/convert-attachment-all.5904/

It would be great if @Jaxel could make this happen but am sure it's a huge pain with development to make one addon do so much...

I have sent a couple emails about the error message below but with no response. Can anyone suggest what might be causing this message in the Xenforo error log? Thanks for your help.

• InvalidArgumentException: Received invalid UTF-8 for string column [article_excerpt]

• src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php:688

• Generated by: Unknown account

• May 18, 2018 at 12:59 PM

Stack trace
#0 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(575): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->_castValueToType('Materials Re...', 'article_excerpt', 5, Array)
#1 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(505): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->set('article_excerpt', 'Materials Re...')
#2 src/addons/EWR/Porta/Repository/Article.php(92): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->__set('article_excerpt', 'Materials Re...')
#3 src/addons/EWR/Porta/Repository/Article.php(79): EWR\Porta\Repository\Article->parseArticle(Object(EWR\Porta\Entity\Article), '500')
#4 src/addons/EWR/Porta/Repository/Article.php(178): EWR\Porta\Repository\Article->parseArticles(Object(XF\Mvc\Entity\ArrayCollection))
#5 src/addons/EWR/Porta/Pub/Controller/Article.php(36): EWR\Porta\Repository\Article->prepareViewParams(Object(XF\Mvc\Entity\ArrayCollection))
#6 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(249): EWR\Porta\Pub\Controller\Article->actionIndex(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#7 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(88): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('EWR\\Porta:Artic...', 'Index', 'html', Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag), 'EWRporta', Object(EWR\Porta\Pub\Controller\Article), NULL)
#8 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(41): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#9 src/XF/App.php(1931): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#10 src/XF.php(328): XF\App->run()
#11 index.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#12 {main}

-------------

Previous InvalidArgumentException: Received invalid UTF-8 for string column - src/XF/Mvc/Entity/ValueFormatter.php:100
#0 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(684): XF\Mvc\Entity\ValueFormatter->castValueToType('Materials Re...', 5, Array)
#1 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(575): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->_castValueToType('Materials Re...', 'article_excerpt', 5, Array)
#2 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(505): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->set('article_excerpt', 'Materials Re...')
#3 src/addons/EWR/Porta/Repository/Article.php(92): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->__set('article_excerpt', 'Materials Re...')
#4 src/addons/EWR/Porta/Repository/Article.php(79): EWR\Porta\Repository\Article->parseArticle(Object(EWR\Porta\Entity\Article), '500')
#5 src/addons/EWR/Porta/Repository/Article.php(178): EWR\Porta\Repository\Article->parseArticles(Object(XF\Mvc\Entity\ArrayCollection))
#6 src/addons/EWR/Porta/Pub/Controller/Article.php(36): EWR\Porta\Repository\Article->prepareViewParams(Object(XF\Mvc\Entity\ArrayCollection))
#7 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(249): EWR\Porta\Pub\Controller\Article->actionIndex(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#8 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(88): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('EWR\\Porta:Artic...', 'Index', 'html', Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag), 'EWRporta', Object(EWR\Porta\Pub\Controller\Article), NULL)
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(41): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#10 src/XF/App.php(1931): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#11 src/XF.php(328): XF\App->run()
#12 index.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#13 {main}

Request state
array(4) {
["url"] => string(17) "/ewr-porta/page-4"
["referrer"] => bool(false)
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

Hello,

Some advice please. In some articles the nice white text description appear. In others with youtube videos is not and in some articles even though there is a picture is not shown at all. What I'm doing wrong please?

2018-06-17 14_23_41-(1) my2cv.gr - The story of a legend.webp2018-06-17 14_24_36-(1) my2cv.gr - The story of a legend.webp2018-06-17 14_25_06-(1) my2cv.gr - The story of a legend.webp2018-06-17 14_25_33-(1) my2cv.gr - The story of a legend.webp2018-06-17 14_30_25-(1) my2cv.gr - The story of a legend.webp

And you don't have any promotion icons in that image...

As for Facebook, they dont have responsive widgets.

Top Bottom