XF2 [8WR] XenPorta 2 (Portal) PRO

XF2 [8WR] XenPorta 2 (Portal) PRO [Paid] 2.2.0.7

No permission to buy ($40.00)
Trying to do the import from XF1 and this is the error I get:

[NOTE: I just upgraded to the latest XenForo release (XF2) and purchased the XenPorta2 package. I noticed that the last XenPorta update I installed was version 1.6.0]

XF\Db\Exception: MySQL statement prepare error [1146]: Table 'vlepsc_xenforo.EWRporta2_articles' doesn't exist in src/XF/Db/AbstractStatement.php at line 212
  1. XF\Db\AbstractStatement->getException() insrc/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 196
  2. XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->getException() insrc/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 40
  3. XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->prepare() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.phpat line 54
  4. XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->execute() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.phpat line 79
  5. XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->query() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php at line 91
  6. XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->fetchOne() insrc/addons/EWR/Porta/Import/Importer/Porta100.php at line 124
  7. EWR\Porta\Import\Importer\Porta100->getStepEndArticles() insrc/XF/Import/Runner.php at line 126
  8. XF\Import\Runner->setupRunnableStep() in src/XF/Import/Runner.phpat line 57
  9. XF\Import\Runner->run() in src/XF/Admin/Controller/Import.php at line232
  10. XF\Admin\Controller\Import->actionRun() insrc/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 249
  11. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line89
  12. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line41
  13. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 1931
  14. XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 328
  15. XF::runApp() in admin.php at line 13
You clearly don't have the XF1 version installed...

I don't understand. I upgraded the site to Xenforo2. I then upgraded XenPorta from 1.6.0 to the current release for XenForo2. What am I missing?

Jaxel, I'm sorry to be a pain, but I am trying to get this site back up for a friend of mine who hasn't kept the site updated since he inherited the website as part of my former job.

I have been out of XF usage for about 3 years and a bit rusty.

On Friday, I upgraded his XF site to the latest build. That build broke XenPorta which was running version 1.6, I believe or the original XenPorta. I paid the $40 and downloaded the 2.0.2.2 build. I copied over all of the files in the install package and then went to tools--> import. When I go to import, it gives me two versions - XenPorta 1.0.0 or XenPorta 1.2.1. I started with the first and that generated the error shown in the earlier post.

If there was another version of XenPorta that needed to be installed first, can you provide me a link to that?

Your help is greatly appreciated as I'd like to have him up and running before 08:00EST Tuesday.

Last edited:
HI Jaxel.

Would you consider adding an option to upload an attachment for threads promoted to Articles? I’d like to display a custom image on the XenPorta page that’s not an attached image in the first post.

Thanks mate,
Rob.

@Jaxel Template widget_EWRporta_articles has no title :)

Would be nice to have something like this:

<h3 class="block-minorHeader">
<a href="{$link}" rel="nofollow">{{ $title}}</a>
</h3>

I have a forum with 500 threads and after upgrading to XF2, I'd like to promote all those threads to Articles which would make the first post in the thread have an article view and the subsequent posts as comments.

The 'Auto-promote forums' checks the option to promote threads which will be posted in the future. Is there a way to bulk promote those 500 threads posted in the past -- long before XenPorta was installed? Or is promoting each thread manually is the only way?

Not that I'm tracking. You have to go do each one, one by one

Thanks @gforce. Can @Jaxel confirm that the only way to promote to an article for multiple threads is manually, one by one?

I've been doing some testing and wanted to know if there is a way to backup my current test installation of XenPorta settings and import them into the working install when I do the final conversion to XF and XenPorta over the next few days. (currently running vB3

Hello @Jaxel,

Getting an issue with Widget when a post is promoted to Article.
Some widget are duplicated and are displayed up the sidebar :

Please see below normal widget position in sidebar :

2018-06-01 12_59_47-(1) Guide - Flasher le BIOS de son ASUS _ Le forum des portables Asus.webp

And widget position issue when post is promoted to article :

2018-06-01 12_55_51-Guide - Flasher le BIOS de son ASUS _ Le forum des portables Asus.webp

Thanks for support.

Theme used : UX.2
Same issue with Default template.

Last edited:
Am I missing a way to bulk update a set of threads in a forum to articles?

If not... it would be lovely for that feature to be added to the mod menu, that uses the defaults.

Reactions: sgr
Hello @Jaxel,

Getting an issue with Widget when a post is promoted to Article.
Some widget are duplicated and are displayed up the sidebar :

This is usually an issue with your widget settings.

ACP > Appearance > Widgets

XenPorta > Article view: Sidebar > "Delete from this position" (Rubbish bin icon) for duplicate widgets in question.

Thank you Boban, it did it!

@Jaxel
When creating widgets on Portal page, TITLE is always present, how to remove it ?
Position : XenPorta > Articles list: Above (full)

2018-06-04 22_26_14-(1) Le forum des portables Asus.webp

Thank you.

I would like to have a forum with threads not seen by noone, but use it as base for ther xenporta. Is it possible?
And is the problem from 1.x solved to show pictures to all/guests without showing them to guests in the forum?

I am hoping to create guides and reviews on my site using xenporta leveraging existing forum content (existing threads that users have written). Is Xenoporta the right tool for this?
Can i create a page that lists categories and subcategories of these reviews? If i promote a thread to an article, does it also remove the thread from its original location?
Is there a demo that lets me promote articles to test with?
If I pick a users review of a product and promote the article, can i modify the article without affecting the original message thread?
thanks

I am hoping to create guides and reviews on my site using xenporta leveraging existing forum content (existing threads that users have written). Is Xenoporta the right tool for this?
Can i create a page that lists categories and subcategories of these reviews? If i promote a thread to an article, does it also remove the thread from its original location?
Is there a demo that lets me promote articles to test with?
If I pick a users review of a product and promote the article, can i modify the article without affecting the original message thread?
thanks

The addon just promotes the forums post there's nothing else to modify but the forums post but it has a different look when you see it.

You can create categories and put a widget on any or all pages with the list of categories for people to click to visit certain categories

You can promote users as authors and they can upload a different Avatar for their new role...

Visit my site to see it in action www.cozworld.com

Top Bottom